Citibank

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Citibank

Wow, there's something I learned today. lol
15 years 10 months ago #136

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Citibank

Yes HJM. They did for me and I work for them. But the rep told me that the inquiry would only lasts for 6 months instead of a year. And I have heard of people getting declined a checking account because of thier credit.
15 years 10 months ago #137

If that's true then what's the point of it because I have never heard of something get declined for a checking account.
15 years 10 months ago #138

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Citibank

Most "big" banks pull information from chexsystems or something like that shows how well you have handled a checking/savings account.. Like how many times and dates youve had nsf's, returnd checks and so on.
15 years 10 months ago #139

Citibank pulls a hard inquiry when you apply for one of their checking? LOL
15 years 10 months ago #140

I beleive they use equifax. Also there would be an inquiry with opening a checking account so I see what you mean. Meya that is cool congrads. I think it is great to get rewarded for the purchases you make with a check card.
15 years 10 months ago #141

That's a good idea but I think I'll wait 'til my inquiries drop and my FICO scores increase. I don't want to fork up $200 just to get my foot into the door with Citi. I already have 2 cards with BofA.
15 years 10 months ago #142

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Citibank

Tynece, I think you are correct because US bank just sent me a letter telling me that my new rewards checkcard is awaiting for me. I did not know that they had a reward check card. I wonder if this is a way to get my foot in the door with them. hummmmm, that is something to think about.
15 years 10 months ago #143

I have an inside scoop on this. A good way to get in with citibank is to start any type of relationship that you qualify for. For example Ciit has secured accounts that actually earn intrest with a CD. They also offer checking and saving account that earn intrest. If there are no branches in your area you can bank online and earn thank you points for your debit card purchases. Pretty much if you do not have anything negative on check systems you can open a checking and earn rewards for your debit purchases . This in my opinion is better that a secured card with high intrest rates and no type of reward. www.citibankonline.com shows all of the different types of accounts they carry and you can apply right online. Once you are in with CITI you are in. The offers will begin coming in sooner or later. :cool:
15 years 10 months ago #144

I don't think new system has rolled out yet.
15 years 10 months ago #145
  • KellBell
  • KellBell's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Citibank

What is your FICO '08 score?
15 years 10 months ago #146

Replied by theo11 on topic Re: Citibank

About two months ago, I got a pre-approved offer in the mail for a Home Depot Card. I didn't do anything with it for a couple of weeks, but decided to apply online. I was approved for what they stated in the letter, $2,000. My question is, since this is a Citibank Card, what would be the likelihood of me getting approved for a regular Citibank Visa or Mastercard? I guess my question is, what is the next easiest card to get from Citi? What would be the next closest in terms of credit approval guidelines to the Home Depot Card? Right now, I have the following cards/limits:

AMEX Delta Sky Miles -- $5,000
Home Depot -- $2,000
Nordstrom -- $1,500
Orchardbank MC (CRAP!) -- $955 (that's not even a real number!)
Direct Rewards Discover -- $600
BOA Visa -- 99/500 deal

Thanks, all.
15 years 10 months ago #147

Well, that's why I want to get my foot into the door with Citi so if they give me higher limits than my BofA cards, I will tell BofA to match their limits or else I will stop using their card and they will have no choice but to match their limits because all of my accounts are in excellent standing.
15 years 10 months ago #148

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Citibank

Im pretty sure history is what they use because they already have your income information when you applied.
15 years 10 months ago #149

Does Citibank base their CLI's on account history or by income? That's thing I hate about BofA. They judge my limits by my income but I have a crazy account history where I almost max out my limit and pay it on full before the statement closes. I guess they will give me higher limits when my reputation grows older with them.
15 years 10 months ago #150