Citibank

Replied by charonh on topic Re: CitiBank Offer

Cireone yours were preapprovals and they handle those differently. Yendor I still say be optimistic, however in the event you are declined, I would respond/apply to/for preapproved offers in the future. They aren't guaranteed approvals, however in my own personal experience, you'll usually get approved, especially with Citi unless there has been a dramatic change in your credit/score from the time they sent you the offer and when you apply.
15 years 5 months ago #121

Replied by yendor on topic Re: CitiBank Offer

... think optimistically. ...If your scores re goo and you have n derogs then you have a good chance of getting it.

"Good scores"; As in not as bad as used to be?....lol,
"No derogs"; As in not in the past 90days?....lol

cireone, you know I'm just kidding, with my above sarcasm. I know we are all pulling for each other here at FG. So please know I'm just keeping it light[/quote]"this is done so citi can make a more accurate assestment of a client's qualifications for other products. And if so, Citi notifies, with a tailored offer. It does not guarantee approval, but it's more likely, then with traditiaonal pre-screen."[/COLOR]
15 years 5 months ago #122

Replied by cireone on topic Re: CitiBank Offer

Funny I was given 2 pre-approved offers for cards issued by Citi and I appied online and was given the "we will notify you in 30 days" message. I was not given any number to call for the status so i thoght oh well, there goes another wasted inquiry. Well, 3 weks letter i receive an envelope tht felt like a card inside (im a pro at feeling for them). to my surpriseI was approved and got both cards. So think optimistically. I was given that invite too. If your scores re goo and you have n derogs then you have a good chance of getting it.
15 years 5 months ago #123

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: CitiBank Offer

I would call-in and ask for the status on the application as mousepad suggested.
15 years 5 months ago #124

Replied by charonh on topic Re: CitiBank Offer

I only respond to preapprovals, I have been burned with those invitations. They truly are not the same, but don't start thinking negative, other members have gotten that message and were approved. Be optimistic :innocent:!
15 years 5 months ago #125

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: CitiBank Offer

dont wait for a letter call them and they will let you know.
the only bad thing about citi is they dont do recons
15 years 5 months ago #126

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: CitiBank Offer

Keep us posted on the results.

Good Luck
15 years 5 months ago #127

Replied by yendor on topic CitiBank Offer

Ok. So I stroll to the mailbox dredding the stock-pile of ad's. and other stuff. As it turns out, there is no stock-pile, just a single envelope from CitiBank. I assumed it was information relating to my 3month old, On-Line checking account. WRONG. A Personal Invitation for Citi AAdvantage Gold World M.C.!:shocked:

Applied Online,
:scared: waiting....:scared: waiting,

30day notice!:laugh:
I knew they had me confused with another Rodney Johnson!!!

We all know here at FG, any notice other than "Approved" simply means "Go Jump In A Lake"

Just thought I would share.
15 years 5 months ago #128

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Citibank

The closest citi bank that I found on the website is the US Bank at my grocery store (where I work). I have a Chase bank two minutes away (walking).
15 years 10 months ago #129

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Citibank

Hello all., I have a CitiBank checking account. Wanted to apply for the secured mastercard..(CD account) and haven't done it yet. Just wanted to see will they give me a checking account first. Applied online and was approve of the checking account, and yes they did a hard pull on my credit report...Hmmm....:scared:
15 years 10 months ago #130

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Citibank

HJM, It is very possible. I know because my mom doesnt handle money very well and she has been denied before. So now she screwed over Chase and my dad added her to his comerica acct... uh oh! My dad is very good with handling money and his credit... He has very good credit, gets approved for everything. I dont think he knows his score but it has to be in the high 600's/low 700's... Ive always wanted to check for him but never had the chance to... Thats where i get my good credit/money handling skills! lol.

Screw over like she had a overdraft and never paid it. She lost her job so she wasnt able to pay it back. I dont know if she ever paid it or not :(
15 years 10 months ago #131

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Citibank

So technically, it's possible to get denied for a checking account?
15 years 10 months ago #132

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Citibank

Ohhh ok, that is what I was thinking because one of my firends has an account with citi and she was telling me the same thing. I was just confused about the inq falling off in 6 months when I have known them to drop in 24 months. I am in with the rest, we learn something new everyday. :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 10 months ago #133

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Citibank

So how does the inq disappear or drop off? Do they contact the 3 cb's to have it removed? This also new to me because I have known for them to run checksystems only. If they do run credit, this must be one of those banks that automatically extend you credit above your cheking or saving accounts balance

The rep told me it would fall off after 6 months they only pulled my equifax. and I do have a line of credit which is like overdraft protection. It is a cash advance when I use it at 11.00% on my account called checking plus. So let's say my account was 50.00 and I wrote a check for 1000.00 they pay it for me and I pay 11.00% on 950.00. There is no overdraft $30.00 fee or anything. It has saved me a few times:relieved:. Cheaper than taking a cash advance fee. And the minimum due was like $15.00. I love citi bank.
15 years 10 months ago #134

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Citibank

So how does the inq disappear or drop off? Do they contact the 3 cb's to have it removed? This also new to me because I have known for them to run checksystems only. If they do run credit, this must be one of those banks that automatically extend you credit above your cheking or saving accounts balance.:worried:
15 years 10 months ago #135