Citibank

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: How Many Cards?

Charonh, you closed the account? Did you try calling Citi and asking if the rep can have the World Mastercard converted into a card with a pre-set limit? Citi allows product conversions so I would've never closed the account.
15 years 5 months ago #106

Replied by charonh on topic Re: How Many Cards?

I know with my citi world mastercard, it was not reporting a limit on the card until I almost maxed it out, then it started showing my limit. And you're right, it makes no sense, because it is not unlimited spending, therefore I can't the purpose of them reporting to the bureaus this way. I've since closed that account and of course its reporting a 0 credit limit, which is not good if you still have a balance on the card.
15 years 5 months ago #107

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Citibank

Daaaaang! They even hit the dead, what else is next? This was created by crooked top officials, trust me. :shocked:
15 years 5 months ago #108

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Citibank

anyone heard about this story about citibank? :upset: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008/09/ca_citibank.html
15 years 5 months ago #109

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Citibank

I think that Macy's has an affiliation citi because when i opened an account with them i received two pre-approved offers(shredded) from them afterward. I was told this but never really looked into it thought.

Yup, Citi owns the portfolio formerly owend by Federated Department Stores Bank. However, the same people at FDS/FACS still operate and service the cards. Just like Chase now owns Kohl's credit but the same people operate it just like before.
15 years 5 months ago #110

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Citibank

I'm just curious to know if Citibank blacklists.

I don't know. But my sister had a Citibank MasterCard with a $0 balance. She had to file ch7 bky in 2005 and she did not include them or Discover. Well after the bky was discharged I told her to try both cards at the gas pump to see if they worked. Sure as sh&t the Citibank was declined, the Discover worked. Citi somehow found out about her bky and closed the account without telling her. Discover not only didn't close her account but they also gave her a CLI within 2 months of discharge. Go figure. That was the only time I was ever upset with Citi. They had every right to close it but they should have sent a letter at the very least.
15 years 5 months ago #111

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Citibank

I heard that Citi owns Macy's and provides the funds for their credit products but it's operated by DSNB.
15 years 5 months ago #112

I think that Macy's has an affiliation with citi because when i opened an account with them i received two pre-approved offers(shredded) from them afterward. I was told this but never really looked into it thought.
15 years 5 months ago #113

That's exactly why I chose to open a secured credit card account with them.
15 years 5 months ago #114

The reason I have a Citi secured card is because they didn't approve me for any of their cards so I applied for the Citi secured card, sent in my check for $200, and they approved me for that. I wanted to get my foot into the door with Citi so this was my only choice.

once you establish a good payment history with them they will reward you with a unsecured credit card with a high limit:cool:
15 years 5 months ago #115

The reason I have a Citi secured card is because they didn't approve me for any of their cards so I applied for the Citi secured card, sent in my check for $200, and they approved me for that. I wanted to get my foot into the door with Citi so this was my only choice.
15 years 5 months ago #116

citibank is tough when it comes to derogs on your report.i know people that has high scores but still get declined because of at least one negative compared to some i know with lower scores but with no derog but still get approved by them.
15 years 5 months ago #117

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Citibank

Yes HJM. They did for me and I work for them. But the rep told me that the inquiry would only lasts for 6 months instead of a year. And I have heard of people getting declined a checking account because of thier credit.

Many financial institutions are doing this to better protect themselves. I recently became a member of a CU and in order to get the free checkig you would need to have at least a 570 credit score and good with chexsystems, otherwise you are put wita probationary account in which there is a monthly fee ad if you are in good standing after 6 mo, you hav the option f changing over to the free account.
15 years 5 months ago #118

Replied by Meya on topic Re: CitiBank Offer

Good luck, I just want to say that I have learned about citi in the past week and from what they told me, you can get a card with a baddie as long as they have not updated (or reported) and baddies within the last two years. I got my fingers crossed for you, you know how we do it here...lol.

But hey, I do agree with everyone else, call them and ask for a status because I was told 4 weeks for a student card (same as 30 days) and when I called in (like FG members stated) I found out I was denied. Tried to reconsider, but the baddie was going to cause another denial and I was told that they would do a hard pull for the second card.

If you can get your Cr updated with the baddie removed withing 60 days, they would use the current report and then reconsider. Just thought I would give heads up from citi, they are pretty cool in my books, I just can't wait for a approval.
15 years 5 months ago #119

Replied by yendor on topic Re: CitiBank Offer

...Yendor I still say be optimistic, however in the event you are declined, I would respond/apply to/for preapproved offers in the future.....

Okay, I Get it now. Invitation vs. Pre-Approved. I didn't know there is a difference. So I thank you for the heads-up. And i will post my final status on this as soon as possible
15 years 5 months ago #120