Jennifer Convertibles *DONT DO IT*

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: Jennifer Convertibles *DONT DO IT*

Jennifer Convertibles is probably one of the most trifling, ghetto places on Earth.

I have found Raymour & Flanigan to be an excellent furniture place. If you can get credit with them, do so, but make sure you can get 0% financing or something. APR with a furniture shop can be a killer. Their customer service (from what I hear) is top notch.
14 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Jennifer Convertibles *DONT DO IT*

Jennifer convertibles is a horrible store. My sister and I went out yesterday evening and I was able to get my furniture somewhere else. I just want everyone on here to be aware of them as a store and their credit card. My sisters credit was in the low 600's last year when they gave her the card. So people with not so great credit who are in need of furniture might run out to this store. When you go past their store their furniture is very nice. Their customer service is the worse. Their 800 number gives you the run around so you never speak to a live person.

Did your sister rectify the problem with Jennifer Convertibles and burn their card afterward?
14 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Jennifer Convertibles *DONT DO IT*

5/11/2009
14 years 11 months ago #3
  • Crazy2k5
  • Crazy2k5's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Crazy2k5 on topic Jennifer convertibles is a horrible

Jennifer convertibles is a horrible store. My sister and I went out yesterday evening and I was able to get my furniture somewhere else. I just want everyone on here to be aware of them as a store and their credit card. My sisters credit was in the low 600's last year when they gave her the card. So people with not so great credit who are in need of furniture might run out to this store. When you go past their store their furniture is very nice. Their customer service is the worse. Their 800 number gives you the run around so you never speak to a live person.
15 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by Eldarwen on topic That's horrible that they did

That's horrible that they did that to you.
15 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Thats pathetic!!!! :upset:

Thats pathetic!!!! :upset:

15 years 11 months ago #6

Replied by Meya on topic OMG! :shocked: :shocked: I really

OMG! :shocked: :shocked:

I really feel for you especially since you threw your old furniture out. That could have been something that you could have used until you received your new furntiure. Thanks for the heads up!
:relieved:
15 years 11 months ago #7
  • Crazy2k5
  • Crazy2k5's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Crazy2k5

I have really needed some new furniture for a while now. Since I am a college student on a budget my sister offered to buy it for me. She has a jennifer convertible card with a $3000 limit on it.

Last saturday we went there and I picked out my stuff. I found what I wanted very fast. When we went to pay the sales lady asks her how was she going to pay. She told her she had a store card. The sales lady tells her if she had the card for more than a year she would have to reapply. This was very strange to me. I thought once you have the credit its yours. I didnt know you had to renew it. Anyway after a few words back and forth between my sister and the sales rep the rep decided she was going to call the credit department to see if my sister had to reapply. The credit department told her she didnt have to reapply, everything was fine. After about 45 to an hour my furniture was finally paid for and I was given a delivery date of today 5/4.

Yesterday which was the 3rd I called the store to confirm my delivery and I was told everything was in place and ready to go. I every got a phone call from their automated system telling me they would be at my apartment between 11 and 4.

I get up this morning all hyped up because im getting my new stuff. :cheesing: I was doing some last minute cleaning up cause friday I threw out my old furniture. Then my bubble was busted. I get a call from the jennifer convertible wharehouse telling me my furniture would not be delivered because they could not get payment confirmation from the bank which is citi. Mind you my sisters card has already been charged and there is a payment authorization number on the reciept. I asked the representative who was very rude why was I just being told this on the day of delivery. She told me the wharehouse opens at 6am but the customer service department does not open up until 9am and that I should not have an attitude all I have to do is contact the store I made my purchase from and get everything fixed and they would set up another delivery date. But she never answered my question of why they were just letting my know of this issue the day of delivery. When she failed to answer my questions she hung up on me. :upset:

So my sister calls the store and they tell her they cant do anything until tomorrow because the credit department was closed. I was on the line when she called. I asked how long would it be before they could deliver they said three
weeks. :worried:. I told them the could keep their furniture. So we canceled.

Something told me to look online about jennifer convertibles. There are so many sites that talk about jennifers poor furniture, customer service and delivery. There are lawsuits pending and people who received dirty furniture or have not received any furniture at all. What I am trying to say is save yourself a lot of frustration. DONT GO TO JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES. :upset:
15 years 11 months ago #8