What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

How long has it been since your last CLI? I don't think you should be afraid to ask since there aren't any hard pulls involved.
15 years 1 month ago #91

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I'm aiming for a total CL of at least $5k by Christmas.

Heck you are almost there! I think $5K is a good credit line for Macy's. It is an upscale store afterall. Any more would be excessive unless it is a major purchase account.

Maybe I will have to get mine to $3500 by Christmas. I am just trigger shy now with all the banks acting strange.
15 years 1 month ago #92

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I'm aiming for a total CL of at least $5k by Christmas.
15 years 1 month ago #93

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Colo, I used my card every 3-4 months. How often do you use yours? I usually buy cologne.

Hard to say, but I did qualify for Gold Star Rewards ($500 spend between 9/1/07 and 12/31/07 and I requalified for 2008 1/1/08-12/31/08) so I've spent over $1000 in 1.5 years. Typically I have used it around the holiday's but some sporadic spending in between. I am okay with my limit for now I guess, but I do want to be at $3500 by next year.
15 years 1 month ago #94

Brian23, I think I was more surprised about the $2500 CLI than you. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and after I hung up with the supervisor, I called and checked my available credit through the automated system and I sure as heck wasn't dreaming. :laugh:

I don't really shop at Macy's as much as I used to when I was 15-16 but I do like the products they sell and somewhat affordable prices. Money has been tight the past couple of years so I don't shop there as much as I used to but when I do, I use my Macy's card.

Hard work pays off and as long as you put in the work, you will see results. :white-flag:
15 years 1 month ago #95

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

hjm, you only buy cologne on the macys card, and you have nearly a 5k limit? Thats awesome.... wish i could be in the same boat as you..... but i kno you have been workin really hard on your CR for a while now...
15 years 1 month ago #96

Colo, I used my card every 3-4 months. How often do you use yours? I usually buy cologne.
15 years 1 month ago #97

Replied by charonh on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I got the same thing to charonh! I did not let that part bother me so much but it did piss me off. Macy's increase in the apr will not really affect me that much because I charge heavy and pay heavy with them, but what is going to do is make me charge less with my Macy card because I don't want the unforsceen to happen, and I am trapped with an apr of 23-26%. That will take forever to pay off

Me too, because I used to revolve a balance every now and then so they could make a little money off of me, but I will try not to now.
15 years 1 month ago #98

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Is that LA, Louisiana or Los Angeles????

Los Angeles at the Citicorp Center.
15 years 1 month ago #99

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I got the same thing to charonh! I did not let that part bother me so much but it did piss me off. Macy's increase in the apr will not really affect me that much because I charge heavy and pay heavy with them, but what is going to do is make me charge less with my Macy card because I don't want the unforsceen to happen, and I am trapped with an apr of 23-26%. That will take forever to pay off.:worried:
15 years 1 month ago #100

Replied by cireone on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I just received a change in terms for my Macy's card. It was enclosed with my statement, so be sure to check yours carefully. They're increasing the apr by 1 percent to 23.99% and even higher if you're late. It also says that your apr will increase to 26.99% if you are late two times within a year or if you fail to make the minimum payment for two months in a row. Its time to pay these guys off if you haven't already. Of course you can opt out if you close your account. Their aprs have always been too high to revolve a balance, now this is even worse

Seems like every other store card is changing their terms too. I just got my Target statement and they have an insert that says due to recent economic something, we are changing your terms and conditions. So APR, Late Fees, etc, basically any type of extra charge will go up. HOW SAD.............
15 years 1 month ago #101

Replied by cireone on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

One in LA, two in Colorado, two in Pennsylvania, one in Indiana, one in Palm Beach, FL and one in Tennessee. Usually these are in declining areas/malls so it won't be a *huge* loss. Its just sad to see malls go.

Is that LA, Louisiana or Los Angeles????
15 years 1 month ago #102

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

It's a good thing that I'm not carrying a large balance, only $55.
15 years 1 month ago #103

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I just received a change in terms for my Macy's card. It was enclosed with my statement, so be sure to check yours carefully. They're increasing the apr by 1 percent to 23.99% and even higher if you're late. It also says that your apr will increase to 26.99% if you are late two times within a year or if you fail to make the minimum payment for two months in a row. Its time to pay these guys off if you haven't already. Of course you can opt out if you close your account. Their aprs have always been too high to revolve a balance, now this is even worse

Dang. Good ol economy. They probably have to raise it because so many people are defaulting. But you are right, more incentive not to carry a balance with them.
15 years 1 month ago #104

Replied by charonh on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I just received a change in terms for my Macy's card. It was enclosed with my statement, so be sure to check yours carefully. They're increasing the apr by 1 percent to 23.99% and even higher if you're late. It also says that your apr will increase to 26.99% if you are late two times within a year or if you fail to make the minimum payment for two months in a row. Its time to pay these guys off if you haven't already. Of course you can opt out if you close your account. Their aprs have always been too high to revolve a balance, now this is even worse.:worried:
15 years 1 month ago #105