What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I'm trying to think of a strategy that I can use when I call Macy's to convince them to upgrade my current account to their Visa card.

I'm thinking of telling them that I will use their card more if they convert it to a Visa since I will be able to show more activity and Visa is accepted worldwide rather than just Macy's stores.
15 years 9 months ago #316

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Shark6, thanks for the info. I'll probably just keep the Macy's card the way it is until they offer me their Visa with no hard pull.

If they convert your card (or upgrade) they do not usually do a hard pull:confused:
15 years 9 months ago #317

Shark6, thanks for the info. I'll probably just keep the Macy's card the way it is until they offer me their Visa with no hard pull.
15 years 9 months ago #318

Meya, I'm sorry, they are not coupons. Rather they are reward certificate. I t looks like they have a bra, panty/hosiery club and when you purchase a certain amount, they refund you a % of that amount to be spent back in Macys.

Thanks for the clarification shark6, I was about to think Macy's was treating me bad
:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #319

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

When I called and asked about converting my card, they said that that could not be done. I had to apply and get a hard pull. There is a supervisor of Macy's on cb.com and she said that there is no such thing as spending $2500 and getting upgraded to the Visa.

I did read in the news several months back where a select amount of Macy's regular card holders received Macy's visa unannounced and not solicited for in their mail boxes.

There was a big right up about that. You can probably google it to read more about it.
15 years 9 months ago #320

To those who have a Macy's Visa, how long did it take you for you to get the card? My account will be one year old around December and I was thinking about having my regular Macy's card converted into the Visa. I heard you have to spend at least $2,500 at Macy's annually but since I'm on a tight budget, that's not possible. All info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
15 years 9 months ago #321

:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #322

Meya, I'm sorry, they are not coupons. Rather they are reward certificate. I t looks like they have a bra, panty/hosiery club and when you purchase a certain amount, they refund you a % of that amount to be spent back in Macys.
15 years 9 months ago #323

HJM331, yep, I realize that that was a bit tmi, :) but the point remains the same; which is Macy's rewards their customers.
15 years 9 months ago #324

Woee, Shark6, what are you looking at? Is that a coupon or rewards? I have not received any coupons for underware or bras from Macy's, I just see the little catalog saying they are on sale or just advertising them. :confused: :worried:
15 years 9 months ago #325

Good Luck KMoney.
15 years 9 months ago #326

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

KMoney, that's a good question. I have not heard of Macy's denying someone for their past history with them. You should apply for their card though, you will greatly appreciate how they can help your score increase once you are in with them.

Shark6, thanks for sharing that lovely information with us.

Ok I will apply in January 2009
15 years 9 months ago #327

KMoney, that's a good question. I have not heard of Macy's denying someone for their past history with them. You should apply for their card though, you will greatly appreciate how they can help your score increase once you are in with them.

Shark6, thanks for sharing that lovely information with us. :innocent:
15 years 9 months ago #328

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Does Macys blacklist?
15 years 9 months ago #329

conti'd for some reason, I can't hit the tab button

Bras 5 to go until your next certificate
Panties 6 to go until your next certificate
Hoisery 6 to go until your next certificate

Certificate expires 09/02/09

The other certificate is good for $3

I also have 2 coupons sitting in my purse good for $10 of $50, $25 of $100 purchase and a 20% off all day pass.

MACY's Rock.

I aslo got in the mail, a coupon good for $31.39 from Sears. During our phone call last week where they gave us a measly $190 after over a decade being a cardholder, we inquired aobut our reward points as we had never paid attention to it. She told us that we had the option of converting themt o cash as in gift coupon. Who knew.

Lots of school shopping to do next month with these coupons and next week re Macys.

Macy's is an awesome card.
15 years 9 months ago #330