What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I have to call in also, I just can't find the time.
15 years 8 months ago #301

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I will do that tomorrow bright early in the morning:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #302

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Meya, if you have spent more than $500 this year, call Macy's , they should send you out the Gold Premier card. If you have spent over 1k so far this year, they should upgrade you to the Platinum Star card and when you spend over $2500, you would get the Black Star card.

You get more coupons, preview sales days, 20% savings passes, and lots more coupons.

Call and let us know what they say.
15 years 9 months ago #303

:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #304

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

It seems to me people should start calling Macys to have some upgrades done
15 years 9 months ago #305

Replied by cireone on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I get shopping passes from Macys every 1-3 months. They are for 10-20% off with the use of the card. IDK but Ive spent well over $500 using the card but still have the red Star card.
15 years 9 months ago #306

It would be nice for them to offer me a Visa with no hard pull. I can't wait until my inquiries fall off.
15 years 9 months ago #307

Wow Shark6, I dont know about the high roller part but no I have not taken time out to realize if I have the right card or not. I am going to call them tommorrow to make sure because i know that i have spent way more than what the requirements is for the card that i have. I have the first card on the list and I have not been upgraded as of yet:confused:
15 years 9 months ago #308

I will be spending a lot more money when the economy picks up. I've been shopping at Macy's since I was 15 or 16. I will take advantage of their offers in the near future.
15 years 9 months ago #309

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Meya/HJM331

Seeing that both of you shop often at Macy's and are high rollers :laugh:, make sure that you have the right card as you get more offers/coupons the more that you spend.

I'm just a little 'g', I only have the Red Star and the Gold card. The Gold card is obtained when you spend $500 - $999or more. They just sent it to me. Before I got on this board and creditboards.com, I really was not a proactive card holder.

If you spend from $$1,000 to $2,499, then you are upgraded to platinum Star (12 free services)and if you spend $2500 or more, you are a Super G. You run the place! you will get $25reward certificates, coupons, preview sales and up to 18 free gift wrap services,alterations and package delivery free (great for Birthdays and the holiday season)

Have both of you seen that you have the right color card?
15 years 9 months ago #310

I have to receive coupons too, I need them if I'm going to shop at Macy's to save some money. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #311

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I need to call them because I haven't been receiving anything from them including my statements.

Yes do call them because that is strange for them not to send you a statement especially if you didn't ask for a paperless one.
15 years 9 months ago #312

I need to call them because I haven't been receiving anything from them including my statements.
15 years 9 months ago #313

So in other words, it is better to wait until they see you are qualified for one! I am pretty sure they will do a hard pull if you ask for a different type of account that they never approved you for, but when they upgrade you by themselves (ie. w/o our request) there should be NO hard pull.

Hjm331, you are probably on the edge of receiving one very soon. Macy's loves shoppers and payers. We are both, so I should probably be receiving one myself. I know that I have spent well over $2,500 with them because I purchase in high amounts and turn around and pay back in high amounts. I have not received anything but extra coupons so far.:confused:
15 years 9 months ago #314

Replied by cireone on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I tried to pull the if I had the VISA I would spend more excuse but all they could offer me upfront was a CLI for the store card. They will do a hard pull if you request for the VISA and are not pre-approved.
15 years 9 months ago #315