What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

See, here is the point with Macy's and I, I never received a cli from them manually, I always asked for one. So therefore I can not answer any member question when they are wondering why they never received a cli from them. But what I do tell everyone, go into the store when applying to a cli because they ask for your cc, your **dl or **ID then they proceed. They have all of your identification that they need to fight terrorist laws, what else can they ask for besides your finger print or birth certificate]https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=366&highlight=short+typing[/URL]

I think I am going to do it in December and say that I need it for Xmas shopping. Thank you for your advice as always, Meya.
15 years 5 months ago #256

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I hope that Victoria's Secret will give me another CLI because I always use it. Lately I have slowed down. There are only so many bras and panties that you can buy. I've noticed that they are bringing some colors back.
15 years 5 months ago #257

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

See, here is the point with Macy's and I, I never received a cli from them manually, I always asked for one. So therefore I can not answer any member question when they are wondering why they never received a cli from them. But what I do tell everyone, go into the store when applying to a cli because they ask for your cc, your **dl or **ID then they proceed. They have all of your identification that they need to fight terrorist laws, what else can they ask for besides your finger print or birth certificate:worried:.

Another thing is, it is hard to tell the next member when to ask for a cli when they never use the card or applied with an address far away. Pamela2 is my prime example. She lives far away from Macy's and that is the reason why they give her low cli's, and slow cl's.

I know they have to show you some love!

**A short typing to add**

https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=366&highlight=short+typing
15 years 5 months ago #258

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Go into the store, you are over-due for one.

:cheesing: I think you are right. I'm just ticked that I have to ask, they should have increased it by now on their own, I mean, I do use it and I've been upgraded to Gold Star Rewards.
15 years 5 months ago #259

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Meya, you beat me to the punch. I was going to call in, but I may try going into the store. Whichever, I will keep you guys posted!! My utilization is so high right now, I'm a bit apprehensive.

My util is never low with them and I do not plan on doing 0 balances with this card because I shop there toooo much. When I applied in store, i think I was at $875 (no more than $900) and they still gave me $500.

I give them $500 and go right back to the store and charge again. I do the same with The Avenue, I shop there too much to bring a 0 balance in. All of my creditors see how I pay and shop, I charge high and pay high all through the month. It's no stopping with me when it comes down to my favorite dept store cards. That is my reason for applying, I learned from FG......stop applying for cards that you have no usage for, this is where the cli's come from. Creditors do not like offering cli's to those who do not spend money with them.:cheesing:
15 years 5 months ago #260

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Thanks mousepad! :embarrassed:
15 years 5 months ago #261

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Thanks for the reply Charonh. I have made up my mind that I will not apply for the Visa. I'll just stick with the store card and watch it grow.
15 years 5 months ago #262

Replied by charonh on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

That I am not sure of hjm331. I closed the account so quickly that I cannot even remember how long I had the card, but I did not receive an line increases during the time that it was open. My intitial credit line was 2k. I did not keep it open longer than six months, that much I do remember.
15 years 5 months ago #263

Does the Visa give CLI's every 3 months like the store card?
15 years 5 months ago #264

Replied by charonh on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

To those who have a Macy's Visa, how long did it take you for you to get the card? My account will be one year old around December and I was thinking about having my regular Macy's card converted into the Visa. I heard you have to spend at least $2,500 at Macy's annually but since I'm on a tight budget, that's not possible. All info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I was offered gold visa before my account was a year old, but I do not know the exact time frame. At that time, I was a frequent Macy's shopper; I used to average approximately $300/400 per month (boy times sure have changed for me since then :worried:). I've had my card since March 06.
15 years 5 months ago #265

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Yeah, you are correct! That is why I am thinking that maybe I have not been upgraded to the Macy's Visa is because it is by citi. I should been upgraded to the card that Kiejon was talking about, but I am still with the beginner card. Hummm! OH well, I guess they will show me some love by Xmas, because I am calling in while at the store for another cli...lol.

Thanks mousepad, this will be a helpful thread when someone else needs to know. I am just wondering why do Macy's use citi for its visa, and they finance their own regular card? That just seem odd to me, do you think that citi is going to soon finance their regular store cards? Well guess what? I ain't scured now, let citi bring it own, I stood up to them once before, and I will do it again (with FG help

citi puts up the cash when you charge on the visa side
15 years 5 months ago #266

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I still do not understand why they do not put your available credit on your account online.:confused:
15 years 5 months ago #267

Meya, I have officially stopped applying for cards for the next 2 years. I guess I will get to keep my fingers for at least 2 more years. :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #268

Replied by honeyb on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

The Macy's Visa reminds you of the Kay, Jared, and JB Robinson tradelines where if you are approved at Kays for 1500, you will be approved at the rest for the same 1500 and receive seperate cards BUT they are the same tradeline so if you spend 500 at Jared that lowers your avail credit for all three to 1000. In other words, they are all 1 credit line even though they are reporting as seperate credit lines. Follow me? However, the Macy's Visa is the same except that it is on 1 card versus 2 separate cards and the interest rates are charged seperately from what I understand.

As much as I love Macy's this has got to be one of the messiest ideas they came up with.

As for the process, the reason it takes 30 days is that from the moment you request the upgrade it is sent by email (placed in queue) and the requests are handled in order they are received. They receive hundreds of these request daily and then it goes to an underwriter for review. They either approve or deny request. The fastest way to tell if you have been approved is to login and your current card has changed to the one with the Visa logo.
15 years 5 months ago #269

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Got it, this is some good info!:white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #270