What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Yea lots of em do think that and its mostly ppl that dont know much about credit.

Hhaha that reminds me... This guy was so mad that his acct was pdue. It was not the first time, maybe about 6 lates in the past 2 yrs and he said his scores are well over 800 and that he is never late and blahblahblah and he wants the late fee rmvd. I looked at his current score it was low 600 :shocked:
15 years 5 months ago #211

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

No one is entitled to receive a CLI at their request, it's a privilege.

Ah, yes, but in America people believe that it is a right to have credit.
15 years 5 months ago #212

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

No one is entitled to receive a CLI at their request, it's a privilege.
15 years 5 months ago #213

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Yea they sure will. Today I had a customer w/ a past due account. Account has been opened for a year and half, and every few months he called in to request a CLI, declined bc of no pymt history, we told him each time that he cant get it unless he shows usage and so on. He threatened each time to close the acct and proceeded to hang up on us. Well he began making purchases but he had forgetten to pay for them!

I saw an account for a guy who threatened to sue if he was not given a CLI, his bureau scores were always mid 600's. Because of his financials he was given a $40K limit, the jerk had the nerve to ask for $50K after only a few months. Its like, did you not read your cardholder agreement that says you cannot sue? Americans=sue happy.
15 years 5 months ago #214

Same here, I ask for CLI's to help me get higher CL's and to help out utilization. It would also look good if I had CL's near or over $10k.
15 years 5 months ago #215

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

My questions though, is if you do not use it, then why would you need a CLI? And that is the same thing they are going to take into consideration.

Yea they sure will. Today I had a customer w/ a past due account. Account has been opened for a year and half, and every few months he called in to request a CLI, declined bc of no pymt history, we told him each time that he cant get it unless he shows usage and so on. He threatened each time to close the acct and proceeded to hang up on us. Well he began making purchases but he had forgetten to pay for them! :shocked: He still had the nerves to ask for CLI. :dumbfounded:

That was just a little story but anyways I think she wants a CLI to help w/ utilization. Thats the reason why I always want CLI's :fun:
15 years 5 months ago #216

Ok guys I hear everyone talking about Macy's. I have a Macy's card that I opened in 1999. I have never used it, ever. Once I left California and moved to Atlanta, I had them re open the card (was closed because of inactivity) which caused a hard hit. The limit at that point was $1250 based on my scores. Can I assume that since I have never used it (since the reopening and the card is still active ) that if I asked for a CLI that I will be denied or will they do a hard hit and look at my overall credit report(s) which are all good and give me the CLI anyway ?

Just curious, not going to use it anyway because I get a better percentage using my BOA cards but because many of you are well versed with Macy's I welcome your opinions.

Thanks,

Did they give you a new account with a new opening date or did they let you keep the 1999 account? Like Meya said, you should try to use it a little bit here and there. They sell Godiva chocolates for like $15 bucks or you can get socks or something.

My questions though, is if you do not use it, then why would you need a CLI? And that is the same thing they are going to take into consideration.
15 years 5 months ago #217

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

OK Macy's holder's, let's go to work!

My advice is to start using because you had a hard hit before for the same reason, non activity. But in the meantime, I have heard a few people not approved for a cli because of non activity. Pamela2 is a good example, she can better tell you the story because she called in and asked why.

Macy's are loyal and there for the ones who puts the card to use. Kiejon posted that he received a $7k cli from them a few months ago and my mouth just dropped. Macy's never pulled a hard one on me for a cli, I asked for cli's when I was high on util with them and others, and since you are back in stride with them, I say go for it. You can only get two answers "Yes or No!"

Better yet, how about making a purchase in the store (if you are near) then go to the next counter and tell the cashier that you would like to see if you can get an increase because you want to do some Xmas shopping!

If you give it a try, please update us! Good luck! :white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #218

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Ok guys I hear everyone talking about Macy's. I have a Macy's card that I opened in 1999. I have never used it, ever. Once I left California and moved to Atlanta, I had them re open the card (was closed because of inactivity) which caused a hard hit. The limit at that point was $1250 based on my scores. Can I assume that since I have never used it (since the reopening and the card is still active ) that if I asked for a CLI that I will be denied or will they do a hard hit and look at my overall credit report(s) which are all good and give me the CLI anyway ?

Just curious, not going to use it anyway because I get a better percentage using my BOA cards but because many of you are well versed with Macy's I welcome your opinions.

Thanks,
15 years 5 months ago #219

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Trust me I wont.

Im in collections

Oooops, wake up or pick a number and wait in line hjm. This was said a page ago:laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #220

I must've missed it, sorry.
15 years 5 months ago #221

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

You just made that up. You never specified your position until now.

Made what up :dumbfounded: Ive posted my position before and specified that I work in collections.
15 years 5 months ago #222

Yeah, it's the one with the blue background and with the Citi logo in white and red.

Oh cool. Well you will most likely be upgraded to Platinum Select with a CLI once your card is unsecured. Then you can change to a product with rewards.
15 years 5 months ago #223

No there are not only so many panties and bras you can buy as long as you have somewhere to put them neatly, I say bring them on.

Oh my :embarrassed:
15 years 5 months ago #224

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I hope that Victoria's Secret will give me another CLI because I always use it. Lately I have slowed down. There are only so many bras and panties that you can buy. I've noticed that they are bringing some colors back.

No there are not only so many panties and bras you can buy as long as you have somewhere to put them neatly, I say bring them on. :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #225