Nice Cards to apply for

Replied by hjm331 on topic Thanks buddie, we are on

Thanks buddie, we are on the same track. I don't like the cards with the ridiculous fees like First Premere, Continental, Aspire, Tribute, Imagine, etc. I never applied for those cards a day in my life. Having a secured card is a good thing but if you have to get one, it is best to go through a well known local bank. Its looks better on your credit report, not saying that the rest don't, but it is a good place to start. Thanks for responding here, it will be valuable for the next member who reads it.

Ya your right Meya. But it's hard getting credit cards with Bank of America unless you get a secured card. My first card was with Capital One and they approved me for an unsecured card when I didn't have one day of credit on my report. That's why I recommend them so much and they've been one of the most important cards that are helping me build positive credit on my report.
16 years 3 months ago #226
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Thanks buddie, we are on

Thanks buddie, we are on the same track. I don't like the cards with the ridiculous fees like First Premere, Continental, Aspire, Tribute, Imagine, etc. I never applied for those cards a day in my life. Having a secured card is a good thing but if you have to get one, it is best to go through a well known local bank. Its looks better on your credit report, not saying that the rest don't, but it is a good place to start. Thanks for responding here, it will be valuable for the next member who reads it.
:white-flag:
16 years 3 months ago #227

Replied by hjm331 on topic Wow Meya, that's some vital

Wow Meya, that's some vital information you posted over there. Based on my experience with credit cards, I think you should get a couple of these cards and stick with them for at least 3 years and make no late payments, don't go over your limit, increase your credit limits, and watch your utilization. Remember, the higher the credit limit, the less you would be using your credit percentage wise.

Here are good starter cards for early adopters which I have:
1. Capital One Platinum MC ($1050-Started with $500)
2. Capital One Standard Platinum MC ($1000-Started with $500)
3. Orchard Bank MC ($300-NO CLI's yet)
4. First Premier Bank ($250- Don't recommend it though, too many dumb fees)

In my honest opinion (IMHO) I think the best thing to do is get a secured card and build positive credit with it. If you don't have money to put up, then your best bet is to go with Capital One

16 years 3 months ago #228

Replied by pamela2 on topic hi everybody here is a

hi everybody here is a update i applied for a Hooters card 2 months and was denied the 2 times i applied but i guess something changed their mind i got the Hooters card 3 or 4 days ago (i think) with a $1000.00 credit limit (had to pay a fee of $72.00)
but thats ok im happy with it. so those who feel like giving up dont look what happen with me. :dumbfounded: :dumbfounded:
16 years 5 months ago #229

Replied by pamela2 on topic hi everybody here is the

hi everybody here is the cards and credit limit i have on them
(my credit lines are not alot like some of you guys but im working on it)

Peebles 1,340.00 i had this card since 1996 (but dont use that much)
household master card 800.00 i had this card since 2006 (use alot)
household visa 500.00 same year as the one above (use alot)
target 200.00 just got last month (used alot)
credit one 200.00 just got today
dillards 150.00 just got last month (used 3 days ago)
macy's 100.00 just got last month (never used)

but i have been denied alot of cards that i really didnt need but tried to get (smacks forehead), but im gonna work my tail off and get the ones i have paid off so i can get the 2 cards i really really want (old navy and toysrus)
16 years 6 months ago #230
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic You two are sooo welcome!

You two are sooo welcome! If any of you apply, post your response on the credit review and let us know in here also. I am going to start a new forum for "Who denied/approved you?" :cool:
16 years 7 months ago #231

Replied by pamela2 on topic hi meya its pamela thank

hi meya its pamela thank u on the advice for the card i left u a message on the other site i want 2 let u know i will keep coming 2 u for advice haha if my husband doesnt get me first again thank u and my membership is under pamela2
16 years 7 months ago #232

Replied by Tonya on topic Thanks Meya for so much

Thanks Meya for so much good info. THis is just what I needed. I will heed your advice about so many inquiries. I have 10(8 this year). Enough is enough!!! :cheesing:
16 years 7 months ago #233
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by Meya

Hi everyone, I know how it feels to want information on what credit cards to apply for when you are on your last leg. I am a member of the poor credit group, but I have learned my lesson from the previous mistakes I have made. When I first started to rebuild my credit I went to these comopanies below with credti scores in the low 400's and mearly 50 co's on my creidt report:

1. Orchard Matercard (approved) $300
2. The avenue (approved) $250
3. Capital One (approved) $300
4. Chevron (approved) $300

I stayed with these cards for almost 4 years and then I took this route, when my credit scores were in the mid 600's:

5. Credit One (approved) $250
6. Hooters (approved) $2,000
7. Jcpennys (approved) $500
8. Walmart (approved) $400
9. Lanebryant (approved) $250
10. Travelocity Mastercard (approved) $500
11. Target (approved) $200 ****after many denials***
12. Dillards (approved) $150 **they are wrong for that one***
13. Macy's (approved) $300 ***(They forgave me****
14. HC Processing (approved) $2,900 ***this was for a treadmill that was financed by GEMB but they sold me over to Citibank******
***New as of 12/18/07*** Select Comfort GEMB (approved) $2000 *** This is for the series 5000 air mattress which totaled $2200.

15.AMEX Delta skymiles (denied)
16. Discover (denied)
17. Sear's (denied)
18. US Airmiles (denied)
19 Citizens Bank (denied)
20. Chase (pending for 2 weeks)
21. Direct Rewards (denied)
22. Shell (denied)
23. best Buy (denied)
24. National City (denied)
25. BOFA platinum (denied)
26. Zions Bank (denied)
27. Citi Student Card (denied)
28. Orchard Platinum (denied)
29. First National Bank of Omha (denied)
30. US Bank Line of credit (denied)
31. The Home Depot (denied)
32. Washington Mutual/Providian (denied)
33. Dell (denied)

Cards 5-14 are are fairly new and all from this year (including Select Comfort).

Cards 15-33 are all denials from 2005-2007 with majority being in 2007. I am very proud to share my credit status with you all especially those with poor credit. My main reason for shairng the denials is because this is what happens when you begin to apply for too many credit cards and open too many new ccounts. We have to dedicate ourselves to not applying for so many credit cards and work on the ones that we currently have. Applying for credit is addictive especially when you see that big word "Congratualtions or Approved". For those who are searching for credit I reccomend the cards below:

1. Crown Jewels (strong approval rate)
2. Captial One
3. Orchard
4. Barclays Bank Cards
5. Fingerhut
6. First Premiere (the card with the apr 8.9% and $49 annual fee) if you are not approved for the lowest apr, don't accept the card. But if you really have to, please read the fine print.
7. Dillards
8. Chevron
9. Exxon Gas Card (check to make sure they are in your area)
10. Direct REwards Discover
11. Cresent Jewelers (walk in)
12. Macy's (walk in)
13. Mervyn's (walk in)
14. Walmart (walk in)
15. Target (don't let the denial discourage you)
16. Jcpennys (walk in)
17. Women's department stores (Lanebryant, the Avenue,) for plus sizes
18. Hooters Mastercard
19. Old Navy
20. The Childrens Place (walk in)
21. Credit One
22. Kay's

This is the best I can think of for right now, i will always add more when I hear about them. Hope this helps.
16 years 7 months ago #234