Nice Cards to apply for

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Hey hjm331, I have heard some people in here saying that they have 3 and 4. Are they mixing subprimed (ie Orchard) with hsbc regular cards?:confused:
15 years 10 months ago #181

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

I have two with them. I applied and tried getting my third Capital One card but received a denial letter saying that I have too many accounts with them.
15 years 10 months ago #182

Replied by MaryM on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Does anyone know how many Capital One cards you can have?
15 years 10 months ago #183
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Also, I read that you want to re-open your account. Sorry to say this but I have never heard anyone succeed in doing that.

Hey lil bro, I have heard of creditor(s) re-opening an account upon credit approval which is basically like telling you to apply over. I had a Daniel Jewels card that was in Los Angelas, CA and I did not charge on it for like 2 years or more. When I called to make a purchase I found out that my account was closed due to non activity. I was offered to re-open the account but they wanted me to re-apply over again, and I just said forget it.

I have not heard of Macy's doing this at all, to tell you the truth none of the creditors that I have have a repitation of re-opening an account. I wonder if mrrob is talking about forgiveness but not the same card account.:worried:
15 years 10 months ago #184

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Thanks for the info, I have been able to obtain cards from Orchard and a card from CorTrust Bank. both I have had for over 7 months. My wife did get approved for the Hooters Card, just waiting for it to arrive. Prior to coming on this board we have never heard of a hooters card. My Bk has been since 2007. Prior to that I had FICOs in the high 600's and TU was 710. I had just about every major card that you could name such as AMEX Platinum charge ( I started out with the green then went to the Gold then was accepted into the Platinum annual fee was $395,) Delta Platinum sky miles $12000, Jet Blue Card $9000 limit, but got involved with a bad deal concerning the renovations of a building which wiped both my wife and I out financially and credit wise which was the reason for the BK-13. So we had to start over again. Not used to the small credit limits of $300 with Orcahrd and 250 with CorTrust but must get used to it for now.
Thanks for everyones imput
15 years 10 months ago #185

Mrrob, have you been able to get any type of credit card after you filed BK? If you have shown a good payment history for a period of time, then I believe you will be able to get their card.

Also, I read that you want to re-open your account. Sorry to say this but I have never heard anyone succeed in doing that. Usually, a creditor will re-open an account within 90 days if the consumer closed the account theirselves for whatever reason. For example, I currently have a Macy's card and let's say I went to Macy's and I bought a polo shirt. For some odd reason, they increased my interest rate from 22% to 29% (which is possible) and I could pay off the balance and close that card because I don't like how they raised my interest rate out of the blue. Now, that wouldn't be a good idea to close that card but I just used it as an example. If a card has no annual fee and has a decent limit compared to your other limits, then it's worth keeping and make sure you put it to use every other month because a creditor can close your account for no activity for a certain period of time.
15 years 10 months ago #186
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Thanks HJM331!:fun: Welcome mrrob, you will love this site, and we are like family here, right by your side.

mrrob, when did you file bk-13? If you were in good standards with Macy's then I don't see why they would not reconsider approving another account with you. Now as far as the bk goes, I am not going to sugar-coat their approval rate for you, I have seen plenty of people denied from macy's due to bk's and charge off's. I will tell you who has been bk friendly, Juniper (Barclay's Bank). A lot inidividuals who has filed bk has received:

1. Carnival Sea Miles [URL="Mastercardhttps://www.juniper.com/app/japply/lp/21147.jsp?obadloc=003"]Mastercardhttps://www.juniper.com/app/japply/lp/21147.jsp?obadloc=003 [/URL]
2. Travelociy Mastercard http://leisure.travelocity.com/Promotions/0,,TRAVELOCITY%7C3415%7C23,00.html

Whatever you do, do not try the US Airmiles because that credit account has been transfered over and now financed by BOFA, who will NOT offer you a card with bk. Here is a link that should be helpful for you after filing bk, members there are discussion which cards are bk friendly and thier bk statuses:
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

I am not for sure if Hooter's is bk friendly or not, but I think that I have heard a few people mention approvals from hooters after bk. In the meantime, please take a look at the above link to the forum which have more info inregards to bk.
15 years 10 months ago #187

This is the situation that I am in. I filed BK-13 and included macy's prior to the BK I was never late had the card since 1997. How would I go about asking them to reopen the card. Would appricate any info
thanks
15 years 10 months ago #188

Mrrob, to answer your question, it means that if you have filed bankruptcy or had a charge-off with macy's, they would give you a second chance and approve you for a card depending on how well your credit report looks. Macy's a really good card though. It may not be a Visa or Mastercard, but they are very generous with their CLI's.
15 years 10 months ago #189

Meya,
i'm new to this board and I must say that by reading all of you and eveyone elases responded, this board has been a great help. I just have one question. I read that Macy's forgave you and then gave you a card. May I ask what you meant by they forgave you? Just wondering if it is possible to have an account reopened.
thanks for any advice that you may have
15 years 10 months ago #190

Replied by hjm331 on topic Realtorbel, I'm sure you Dear

Realtorbel, I'm sure you Dear Husband (DH) is pretty angry because he can't spend the money he works for but in this world, bills come first. It's a very unfortunate situation but it's reality.
15 years 11 months ago #191

Replied by realtorbel on topic Hi All! Im telling ya

Hi All! Im telling ya its a full time job...LOL! I've set up most of my payments to coordinate w/DH paychecks...lol! I work on commission only so u kno I cant depend on that :confused: especially with the real estate market being so screwy!

You should see me when Im trying to explain to DH why he can't go to the bank to take out the money that he made! :dumbfounded: Nothing comes between me and my scheduled payments! Im always like "no hon don't go to the bank here use this card" I've already confiscated his ATM card, we would be in trouble if I let him run free with that :suicide:!

Thank u all for taking out the time to read my drama and again, I hope that it helps others in some way or another :cheesing: ! You guys are the best :kiss:!
15 years 11 months ago #192

Replied by hjm331 on topic That was a first round

That was a first round knock-out! lol
15 years 11 months ago #193
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Now that's a rap! :white-flag:

Now that's a rap!
:white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag:
15 years 11 months ago #194

Replied by hjm331 on topic Having too many cards have

Having too many cards have both its advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages:
1) Helps out your utilization
2) If most of your cards have aged and are showing a good payment history, then that's a big plus to the creditors because you know how to manage credit.

Disadvantages:
1) If you don't use your card for a certain period of time, the creditor has the right to close your account without your permission which will look bad on your report. It's always a good idea to purchase a small amount on the card to keep it active and revolving.

2) It's always great to have a card that you mainly use. However, if you're just charging ALL of your credit cards at will, it's going to be hard to remember those payment due dates and minimum payments that you have to make. If you have a late payment, you will be charged a late fee varying on your terms and conditions you agreed to when submitting your application. Even though it's not 30 days late, it will still give the creditor second thoughts about giving you a CLI when that time comes around.
15 years 11 months ago #195