Nice Cards to apply for

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: I got approved for the Kay Jeweler's Card online

Current accountholders on this website have claimed that you need to make a purchase on the card in order for them to start reporting.
15 years 9 months ago #166

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: I got approved for the Kay Jeweler's Card online

Congrats on your approval of the kay Jewelers card.
mrrob
15 years 9 months ago #167

Replied by shark6 on topic I got approved for the Kay Jeweler's Card online

I got approved for the Kay Jeweler's card online today. I had to answer about 4 questions about past credit/address etc after I filled out the application. I was told that they would email me within the hour. However, less than 40mins, I had the answer in my email.

I was approved for $1700. I got this card to help with my utilization as I'm working on improving my Fico score.

I'm not sure if I should apply for the Jared card as I'm not sure if I'm approved if this additional trade line will increase my scores.

I know that theyw ould share the same trade line but would be reported as separate trade lines.

Did anyone see an increase in their Fico scores when they got 2 or 3 of the Sterling Bank jewellry cards?
15 years 9 months ago #168

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

A card that really works for me is the Chase Amazon.com card. I love the points that they give me. I get 3 points to everydollar I spend on Amazon.com and 1 point for every dollar everywhere else. But it is only good if you shop at Amazon.com alot. They are sending me my first $25 gift card, and I have not had the card that long. Well, I have only recently been using it.
15 years 9 months ago #169

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Do you have to request CLI's or do they do them automatically? Just curious since I've only had my card for couple of months now.

I don't know if they give out Auto-CLI's too often but they will consider you for a CLI every 6 months upon the consumer's request. I would just click the luv button on their web page every 6 months. :laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #170

Replied by keys on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Thanks for the info Tynece. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer for that plasma TV! :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #171

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

HSBC will take your request into consideration after 6 months. I used to have the platinum they increased me from 300 to 500 when I threatned to cancel. Then the backdoor number increased me to 700.00 My mom has one with Orchard Bank. When she threatned to cancel they inceased her from 300 to 500 also. But the backdoor at Orchard denied her an increase. When you say you will cancel and you qualify for retention they may either waive half the fee or up the limit for you. Only one per call though. And be careful don;t just say close it unless you know for sure you qualify. Ask what if questions...:relieved:
15 years 10 months ago #172

The Best Buy store card is a great card to have because they are generous with their limits and helps keep your util. low which increases your scores.

Do you have to request CLI's or do they do them automatically? Just curious since I've only had my card for couple of months now.
15 years 10 months ago #173

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Keys, that is a good question. I don't think that they do because the Best Buy store card is a card offered from one of their sub-divisions, HSBC Retail Services. I currently have two HSBC cards and two cards from HSBC retail services. The Best Buy store card is a great card to have because they are generous with their limits and helps keep your util. low which increases your scores.
15 years 10 months ago #174

HSBC will only give you more than two if you are invited I believe.

Does anyone know if HSBC counts the BestBuy store card towards this two card limit? :confused:
15 years 10 months ago #175

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

I do know that with Citi, the amount of cards you could have were many. prior to BK-13 I had the AA visa, citi-rewards, and citi Diamond. They (Citi) were pretty generous with their credit limits

I had a beautiful citi platinum card but unfortunately I messed that up. But I am paying them back now, so hopefully one day I will get back into their good grace
15 years 10 months ago #176

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

I do know that with Citi, the amount of cards you could have were many. prior to BK-13 I had the AA visa, citi-rewards, and citi Diamond. They (Citi) were pretty generous with their credit limits
15 years 10 months ago #177
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

You are 100% correct about hsbc. That is how I got denied. They told me that I had to be solicited to apply for two cards. But check this out, my sister was approved for two, she got the second one by using the preapproval online.:upset:
15 years 10 months ago #178

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

I don't know if Discover, Chase, and Amex have limits on how many cards that you can have. But I have hear about that. I would love to have an Juniper iTunes card, but I have to wait.
15 years 10 months ago #179

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

With capital one you can have more than one but you have to do two visa and two mastercards i think. You have to try and mix up the logos to get more than one card approved i think that might be the strategy with HSBC or Orchard and Household. But they are all under the same umbrella. Firstsavings Blaze Cor Trust are all the same but you can have all three of those. You can get blaze and firstsavings to waive part of the fees if you get a nice rep like my mom did.
Right now I have cap one Visa 2000
Cap one Mastercard 2000
Cap one Visa Business 1000
BOFA I do not think there is a limit
Citi you can have as many as you are approved for. One cardmember had about 9 cards the other day just with citi.
Macy's I have 3. 2 store one visa
Citi 3 all mc
BOFA 3 1mc, 1 visa 1 amex
That is wierd how some banks will only give you a certain number of cards. but it does make sense. They do not want to have the consumer overwhelmed perhaps and increase thier likelyhood of a missed payment.
15 years 10 months ago #180