Nice Cards to apply for

Replied by sh0t0kan on topic done with apping

Today i hit my all time low I applied to a store I just hate. I just sock drawer the card or maybe but that xbox and PIF when the bill comes in to create some payment history.

Since joining the site I have and admit got a little carried away with apping. But since joining I have learned more about my credit and reports and how to maintain and even increase my score.

These are the cards I have gotten

HSBC Plat Mastercard $2000
Wamu Plat Mastercard $4500
Target Visa $1000
Sak's Fitfth Avenue Mastercard $1000
Best Buy Mastercard $1000
Plains Commerce Visa $5000
Banana Republic (GEMB) $500
Walmart (GEMB) $400
Hooters Mastercard $500
Junipers Itunes $ 500

Declined From
Amex]http://www.creditboards.com/forums/index.php?autocom=creditpulls[/URL]

this site is spot on

True credit scores
TU 600
EX 527 hahaha
EQ 533 haha

Credit keeper
TU 657
EX 588
EQ 633

Wamu
TU 667

So this is it. Next time I apply will not be for a while I really dont like using credit because for a while I really never had a card Just 1 Aspen (really good company and gives cli on every 4th payment like clock work started with 300 now at 750) just got used to using cash. It'll be hard to always remember to use them just to keep them active, but honestly their are some I dont mind closing on me WALMART haha.
thanks for everyones awesome advise I look forward to many future converstations with you but other than applications and approvals hehe.

Thanks again
Dwight
15 years 8 months ago #151

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

That's what it's all about Kellbell. The lower the utilization the better though. Don't apply for anymore cards because applying for more will hurt your scores.
15 years 8 months ago #152

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

KellBell,
great post, it is encouraging to many on this board. Continue to allow your credit profile to grow
mrrob
15 years 8 months ago #153
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

KellBell, i really love your honest, sharing, and caring psoting. This is thread will really help someone out that comes in and ask questions about "which cards to apply for" I am going to make sure that I redirect them right here. It is better for someone to see others mistakes, in order to learn when to pump their breaks.

YoYo11, I remember when my scores were in the low 400's. I had to laugh and tell myeslf, "There is no way that you are even going to get a tv guide in your name" Oh well, I just knew it was going to be a long road so, I purchased the most comfortable chair I could find because I knew I was going to be here for a while (or should I say forever) :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #154

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Wonderful review Kellbell..it feels wonderful to see people in the same boat i'm in...i'm not alone in the sea of water LOL...Growing up and taking a hard look, at your credit and facing your previous bad score must have been rough. I remember in my mid 20's my score was about 350..my brother ask if i could put something on layaway with that score. Well I've taken charge and you did too and i'm happy to read your review because like you said, there is light at the end of the tunnel....hey join the Fico club..
15 years 8 months ago #155

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Hey everyone! Today is a wonderful day for me because I pulled my FICO score from all three bureaus at MyFico.com, and they were all over 600. This is a marked day because even 4 months back, I was in the upper 500's and a couple of years ago, I would have to guess that I was in the 400's, but I'd like to think my good-standing student loans kept me at least in the mid-500's.

ANYWAY, I want to post something similar to that of Meya's initial post in this thread...what credit cards do you begin with if you are in the FICO gutter, and where you go from there...

Let me first state that I defaulted on American Eagle Outfitters, Discovercard, Citibank, Providian, and Express in my late teens, early 20's. These accounts were all charged off. Discovercard and Providian both placed judgments on me and froze my bank accounts. Eventually both cards got their money plus some.

I started re-building my credit 2-1/2 years ago when I received an offer from First Premier Bank in the mail. Sure, FPB is a horrible deal, but I needed to re-establish my credit somehow. Once I saw the word "APPROVED", I almost fell out of my chair.

I figure my FICO was about 550 then.

So then, of course, I paid on time and the Capital One Standard Platinum offer came...I applied...APPROVED for $300.00. I was ecstatic.

Then, after almost a year of paying on time on both cards, I applied for the following cards:

1. Sears - DENIED
2. JC Penney - APPROVED (This one is where it really all began.) for $200.00
3. Capital One No Hassle Cash - APPROVED for $500.00
4. KOHL's - APPROVED for $300.00
5. WalMart - APPROVED for $500.00

*Then I discovered Finance Globe when I was surfing the net trying to figure out who and why these institutions were issuing me credit lines...and here are the cards I applied for after finding Finance Globe:

6. HOOTERS - APPROVED for $1,750.00:cool:
7. Dillards - APPROVED for $150.00
8. Target - APPROVED for $200.00
9. Best Buy Mastercard - APPROVED for $300.00, then a CLI to $600.00

Then after I racked up the inquiries for each bureau, especially Transunion, I started receiving denials. More specifically some Juniper cards, Chase, and GEMB.

Today, I was thrilled at my :white-flag:655 Experian, 644 Equifax, and 605 Transunion and I decided to apply for a couple cards:

1. Delta Skymiles Amex - APPROVED for $1000.00:cool:
2. Ann Taylor LOFT - APPROVED for $250.00:cool:

I now have 13 accounts and my utilization is so low, it's sad. I think I use 30% of my total credit lines, but my husband tells me to just pay them off whenever. I now focus on the CLI's and low utilizatiion. I can't wait until the mortgage is put in my name!

Just want to let all those poor college kids with bad credit that there is light at the end of the tunnel! Oh yes, and if you never filed BK, but have a plethora of collections and charge offs, read what Wildrage and Meya have to say! THANK YOU FINANCE GLOBE!
15 years 8 months ago #156

Wake up and smell the coffee Meya! :white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #157
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I am, but not in the financial thread. I am using it for the club. Hmmmmm wait a minute, maybe I should because I am asking the question in the network, which means, someone else would want to know also. Duuuuuhhhh, wake up Meya!
:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #158

You might want to add those to the short typing thread.
15 years 9 months ago #159

You know I got your back!
15 years 9 months ago #160
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Thanks so much bro!
15 years 9 months ago #161

It means Dear Husband. It is a common abbreviation used on other credit boards.

DH- Dear Husband
DW- Dear Wife
DS- Dear Son
DD- Dear Daughter
15 years 9 months ago #162
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

A short typing word:white-flag:

Ok, I really want to know what does this DH mean. I was told that it meant "damned husband" (excuse me FG, just want to know the true meaning of it) is that true? If not, I will like to know.
15 years 9 months ago #163

Congrats on the approval Shark6, and good luck with new card hunt! :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #164

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Thanks Mrrob. I also went for Jared this weekend and I just got the email that i have also been approved. I see that they pulled a soft inquiry from Exp even though Kay pulled a hard from Equifax. They both show as Sterling Jewelers.

I'm not mad as I thought from reading here and other forums that both would be a hard pull.

Now, I have $3,400 to add to my available credit. I hadn't planned on purchasing anything but that is good information to know HJM331.

I will scope them out and perhaps get some earrings this month.

I was reading back what Meya wrote about applying for two many cards which can play havoc with your scores and can also cause other companies to deny you.

The only other thing that I'm going for is a credit card from my CU or secured signature loan.

My cars are paid for and the mortgage is in my DH name so I need to add something to the 'credit mix' category and then that will be it.

I will continue to pay down debt and watch as the last 3 baddis fall of TU and EXP.
15 years 9 months ago #165