Nice Cards to apply for

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Kmoney and Kbell, thanks for your replies. Yes, I am trying to help her as I know only too well the dangers and pitfalls and heartaches of 'bad credit'. I was surprised but Capital One will always be a soft spot for me after what they did. They have not rate jacked her, (her interest is still at 11% which is lower than mines!) and they have kept her card open as promised.

I keep this card and there have not been any charges on it for over 7mths. I also pay this bill for her, as soon as it comes to my house, I send a check out for it. OTOH, she had a subprime mortgage for8.7% arm, 0 interest 1st mort, 2nd mort 11.5% for 15yrs balloon. I just knew that she was going to lose this house. I told her to write and call for forebearance. I wrote and faxed the request and I just knew that it would be denied based on her credit, score, thef act that the house is prob. worth less than it is mortgaged for etc.

To my surprise, Countrywide, yes countrywide modified her loan(fedexed documents).

Terms: For 5yrs, reduce mortgage from 8.7% to 3% and added the late payments to the back of her loan. The 2nd mortgage they declined to modify.

God is good and answers prayers. She is currently in college and I have impressed on her to take this chance and run with it as many people did not get this chance and lost their homes. I told her to do well in school so that in 2-3yrs, she will be making more and can re-finance with a higher pay and better scores.

This is her 2nd year in college. I am so thankful. My next project is to work on cleaning up her report. Most of this came from being yoked to a parter who was a deadbeat but that is a different topic. My advice to the ladies, heed the bible, '...be ye not of unequal yoke''. YOu can't be with someone who is about nothing when you are trying to be abotu something. It won't work.

My other daughter's Ficos are over 680 and dh's are up to 697. Now, I just have to work on this daughter's ..her Ficos went from 690 to sub 550 in less than a year but i digress.

And yes, I wish that I had a parent to help me navigate through credit. My first thing that I am going to do is to try to get the inquiries of Equifax. Then work on collections. She may have to go to CCCS to get into a plan to pay of Wamu, BOA. The good news is that her total credit card debt is under $5k.
15 years 7 months ago #106

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

In response to Shark 6, YES! I had many many many baddies on my report when I was approved for First Premier.

The only thing that saved my life was my student loans...which were deferred...

Your daughter needs to join Finance Globe.

And you are a wonderful mother for helping her and trying to take care of yourself too! I bet most of us on here had little to no help from our parents which is probably the reason so many of us defaulted on our credit at young ages.
15 years 7 months ago #107

Replied by yendor on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

thanks YoYo
15 years 7 months ago #108

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: cooling period

Greetings all. i am new to this site but am very glad i surfed in....
This year was dubbed Credit Restoration. Ch.7 discharged 8/2003.
It began in
Approvals
[B

Jan[/B]. with HHB(HSBC) Platinum,
Mar. Capital One Plat.,
July; Best Buy(HSBC)Rewards M.C.,
Aug.; Macy's $600(in-store, non-visa),
JC Penney $600(in-store),
Target $450(in-store, non-visa),
Wal-Mart $450.(online, non-visa)
Cheveron $??(online)

Denials]

Hello and welcome to the board. Injuries can hurt your scores, but keep in mind,...Fico use other factors in consideration...new accounts..old accounts..overall credit report. So if you had 5 inquries ..it might affect your score differently then someone with better credit or longer payment histories. Overall...your score might take a 2 to 10 point hit..but likely to rebound. As time past..inquires won't factor in your score. Creditors see it all differently. If they see that you applied for credit 5 times in a week...well ya know the answer to that.:fun:
15 years 7 months ago #109

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Hello Yendor,
welcome to the boards. You will get much helpful info here.
mrrob
15 years 7 months ago #110

Replied by yendor on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Thanks M... Tell me do you or any other reading this post, have experience with online application with nordstroms? I applied online and it said the app was successfully submitted, that It would be considered for visa, then store only. said it would let me know in 7-10 days.... is this normal? I thought any online app would generate approved or denied...
15 years 7 months ago #111
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Welcome aboard! Well I can honestly say one thing, Yes the inq are suppose to take up to 2 yrs to fall off but I have watch mines fall off that were not due to fall off until 2 years or 1 year. To not discourage you, I just say keep it in your head that it will take two years because you will begin to look for them to drop every month and that will run you crazy:laugh:
15 years 7 months ago #112

Replied by yendor on topic cooling period

Greetings all. i am new to this site but am very glad i surfed in....
This year was dubbed Credit Restoration. Ch.7 discharged 8/2003.
It began in
Approvals
Jan. with HHB(HSBC) Platinum,
Mar. Capital One Plat.,
July; Best Buy(HSBC)Rewards M.C.,
Aug.; Macy's $600(in-store, non-visa),
JC Penney $600(in-store),
Target $450(in-store, non-visa),
Wal-Mart $450.(online, non-visa)
Cheveron $??(online)

Denials: All In August...
BofA, Wells-Fargo, HSBC, WaMu, Visa/M.C. Platinum's

My question is, would a year be sufficient cooling, before applying for cli's, or additional credit cards? Or will i need to wait for the full 2yrs so the Inq., can be removed?
15 years 7 months ago #113

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Shark6 you are such a wonderful mommy
15 years 8 months ago #114

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

KellBell,

I read your credit journey review a few pages back and I'm so happy and inspired from you. My c redit is doing oknow, I have one daughter with excellent credit and one daughter in college who just let her credit go to waste. She only has one left (capital one) which I was able to save for her.

She was 4mths behind and Cap 1 sent a statement saying to contact them and they would keep her card open. I called the # which was slying directed to Portfolio Recovery. I hung up and kept calling Cap 1 and told them that they were practicing deceptive practices because they did not say that the # was going to a collection agency.

In any event, I explained that she had a some events that occurred that put her in a bind and t hey transferred me to the hardship dept. The guy said that if i paid out of my account right now, they would keep the card open.

I'm wary about accounts and cos so I xferred money to a joint account that we have with only a small balance in it and told them to take the money out in a week. I also begged them to take soem of the fees off.

He offered me 4.9% int for 6mths or 2mths credit of late/otl fees which i took.

The next week came and they took the money out, they DID not rate jack her 12.9% which is lower than my 14.9 and 16.9% cap cards which i have never paid late on and which i have had for 5yrs.

Cap one has been great!

I read your review and see that there is still hope for her. When you got your First PRemier account, did you still have any baddies on there? She has defaulted on BOA, WAMU, Credit union card, lots of inquiries, etc

I want to start working on her credit in the next 2wks or so, Her PFICO is low 500s.
15 years 8 months ago #115
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Spend $31 and watch scores drop:laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #116

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Elderwan you have to call the backdoor number customer ervice would not do it for me too at first with customer service then I called
Chase

How are they going to leave a $100 dollar limit on a card
15 years 8 months ago #117

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Chase won't let me consolidate my cards. I can't remember the reason why they won't right now.

Elderwan you have to call the backdoor number customer ervice would not do it for me too at first with customer service then I called
Chase: 877-781-3109(combining & product change) And they did a soft pull on me and evaluated me then did they combo. but I noticed what she did was leave 100.00 on my chase freedom card and raised my limit on the disney rewards. I just will not use the freedom card anymore with a 100 limit.
15 years 8 months ago #118

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

Chase won't let me consolidate my cards. I can't remember the reason why they won't right now.
15 years 8 months ago #119

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Nice Cards to apply for

I also consolidated my cards to about 3-4 cards to simplify my life also.
15 years 8 months ago #120