How do you stop credit card inquries?

• mrsjprice
  • mrsjprice's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by mrsjprice on topic Ok thanks Meya for the

Ok thanks Meya for the advice, I will definetly do that. As the pre-approvals annoys me, I get about three a week so its irratating. Thanks again I'll do that straight away.
16 years 6 days ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Creditors sell you off to

Creditors sell you off to others anyway, the cb's does also. You can get it stopped from the cb's and call your creditors for an opt out form. They ususally send it to you in the mail. I know that Hooter's just sent me one about 1 months or so ago. I signed it and sent it back to them. But I opted out through the cb's about 4 1/2 yrs ago and that is why I do not get pre-approvals in the mail. It works, give it a try.
16 years 6 days ago #17
  • mrsjprice

Replied by mrsjprice on topic I was going to say

I was going to say that I dont even open the mail anymore so I won't see that clause. Thanks or the link Meya I will do that straight away. So if I apply for a card online will they give everyone else my information so I get opted back in?
16 years 6 days ago #18

Replied by Meya on topic Almost true, but you will

Almost true, but you will have to opt out through the cb's yourself. Read about this, and it will help you out some, but you can go to the cb websites to opt out through them. https://www.optoutprescreen.com/faq.htm

One more thing, what we don't realize is that when we use annualcerditreport.com , we are giving up our rights to let them share our identity to others, that will opt you right back in. This is how the creditors get your info also. Just because they are ex, tu, and eq, it does not mean that they have tricks up their sleeves against us. The cb's will give out our info for free and like dummy's, we pay to protect it. Protect it from who? Them!
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
16 years 6 days ago #19

Replied by smcc on topic When you receive this type

When you receive this type of mail. there is a clause at the bottom that gives the customer the ability to opt out of having these offers come to their house. Just follow the procedure at the bottom of these offer letters and they will stop soliciting your business.
16 years 6 days ago #20
  • mrsjprice

was created by mrsjprice

How do you stop the random credit card inquiries? Like the ones who send you credit card applications in the mail, saying you've been pre-approved based on the credit card rating you've got?
16 years 6 days ago #21