How do you stop credit card inquries?

Replied by sanju123 on topic I too find them very

I too find them very annoying.Even if you are able to stop one, the other company representative will get to you.Junk mail is still OK one can deal with but when it comes to the phone calls,it is really irritating and there is no escape from them except to keep snubbing them on phone.
15 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Next time they call I'd

Next time they call I'd ask to be taken off their list. Sometimes that actually does work.

That's my number one sentence. I am just waiting for it to acutally happen.
15 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by alpha on topic Well, the thing about the

Well, the thing about the DNC list is that they are allowed to bypass it if you "have a relationship" with them. So some company you've dealt with, or some group you gave money to before, can call you because you have a relationship with them. I'm suspecting that something about doing those surveys may have opened you up to a company that does a lot of them. Next time they call I'd ask to be taken off their list. Sometimes that actually does work.
15 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic I am on the do

I am on the do not call list. How they got a hold of my number, I do not know. That is what so strange about it.
:confused:
15 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by scribbler on topic Here is another question that

Here is another question that can be added here, how about answering to surveys? I answered a few surveys across the phone because I realize how it feels for people to hang up the phone or go crazy on you. Actually it was one of my projects for my english class. Well I answered about 3 and all of a sudden, my phone just goes crazy with people calling me for surveys. I am registerd with the Do Not Call List and they still by pass it. I know what it is, once you answer one or two, they sell your name to others probably by mentioning, "Here is someone who will answer survyes!" What do you all think?

Is the survey used as a way to talk to you before the telemarketing side of the conversation kicks in? If it is and underneath it's essentially a sales call, then by bypassing your DNC request my opinion is they're breaking the law. It used to be that you had to reregister for that list after a certain period but the law was changed in February of this year. If you're on the DNC list now, it's permanent.

If you're really unhappy about it, then you can report them at[/quote]https://www.donotcall.gov/[/URL]
15 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by Meya on topic Here is another question that

Here is another question that can be added here, how about answering to surveys? I answered a few surveys across the phone because I realize how it feels for people to hang up the phone or go crazy on you. Actually it was one of my projects for my english class. Well I answered about 3 and all of a sudden, my phone just goes crazy with people calling me for surveys. I am registerd with the Do Not Call List and they still by pass it. I know what it is, once you answer one or two, they sell your name to others probably by mentioning, "Here is someone who will answer survyes!" What do you all think?
15 years 11 months ago #6

Replied by alpha on topic I agree! It's very annoying.

I agree! It's very annoying. I look at a lot more of the fine print things these days just to try to avoid that stuff. And if you ever go to places where they have contests to enter by filling out your names and address, watch out. Lots of them include a little signup to their junk mail.
15 years 11 months ago #7

Replied by Meya on topic Welcome to the world of

Welcome to the world of "Pass it on"!
:shocked:
15 years 11 months ago #8
  • mrsjprice
  • mrsjprice's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by mrsjprice on topic I think that's rather annoying,

I think that's rather annoying, that if you remove yourself you automatically get added again if you apply for something. I suppose that's just the way life is!
15 years 11 months ago #9

Replied by alpha on topic Yes, you can get off

Yes, you can get off of the unsolicited mail from most of the companies -- until you sign something or order something that just happens to include your name on the lists again. There are usually lines in the very fine print that say you're authorizing them to do something, but it's not very noticeable.
15 years 11 months ago #10

Replied by Meya on topic Once you apply for a

Once you apply for a credit card, here they come. It is just like when you order something off of TV or catalogs, once you place that order, your name just blows up. The company that you purchased from, applied at, and the cb sells you out!
15 years 11 months ago #11
  • mrsjprice
  • mrsjprice's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by mrsjprice on topic It seems like as soon

It seems like as soon as you turn 18 you get these pre-approvals through the post. Were do they get your information from to do that? Obviousy when you start applying for stuff you are giving your information over. I don't know were they got mine in the first place.
15 years 11 months ago #12

Replied by dreamr802 on topic All I know is that

All I know is that I had called the places and told them that I don't want the preapproved notices...and since then I haven't received a single one in over 6 months.
15 years 11 months ago #13

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Here is an effective rundown

Here is an effective rundown on getting your name removed from credit card solicitations: https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Opt-Out.shtml
15 years 11 months ago #14

Replied by Meya on topic Right on buddie! You are

Right on buddie! You are very welcome!
:fun: :fun: :fun: :fun:
15 years 11 months ago #15