When did you get your first Credit Card?

Replied by Meya on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

Anyone else willing to share the first credit card story?:confused:
15 years 7 months ago #16

Replied by sanju123 on topic I got my first credit

I got my first credit card when I was 22 and suddenly found myself feeling financially free ,but I truly was heading towards big trouble.This I found out after making about three bills.It was then that I learned the use of credit card and its significance.
15 years 10 months ago #17

Replied by Scribes on topic i was 18 when i

i was 18 when i got my first credit card.It was an hsbc cc and i am still using it.Earlier i was a little bit hesitant to use it as i was afraid of loosing it.

I think 18 is way too young personally. A kid doesn't learn fiscal responsibility that early in life, no matter who they know. Money is still money to them -- they don't see it as a future -- just as a present. :D You can quote me on that one.
15 years 10 months ago #18

Replied by princee18 on topic i was 18 when i

i was 18 when i got my first credit card.It was an hsbc cc and i am still using it.Earlier i was a little bit hesitant to use it as i was afraid of loosing it.
15 years 10 months ago #19

Replied by Eldarwen on topic I was 23 when I

I was 23 when I got my first credit card. I was working at Sears and was using my discount because my dad was asking me to pick up stuff for him and decided to get a card because I was sick and tired of running to the bank or carrying my checkbook. My dad would always pay me back for what I picked up for him. About 8 months ago I started to get more credit cards because I will not pay Sears 25% interest and there is no real benifit to using it because I no longer work there.
15 years 11 months ago #20

Replied by alpha on topic I got a low limit

I got a low limit bank credit card when I was in college. I notice they're still signing up college students -- there's a university near me and I saw a big "special signup" booth up there the other day.
15 years 11 months ago #21

Replied by Scribes on topic I don't remember if it

I don't remember if it was a Sears card or not. I know it wasn't one of the big ones because my family was coming out of bankruptcy at the time. I think it was a Sears card, because I remember buying a word processor and a VCR with it way back when, maybe 1984 or 1985, but I was 20 years old. I was still fiscally responsible. :-) Not anymore though, hehe.
15 years 11 months ago #22

Replied by hjm331 on topic Mines was $200. However, it

Mines was $200. However, it needs to be connected to a computer to work, it's not a standalone keyboard, it's a controller!
15 years 11 months ago #23

Replied by eugene66 on topic the keyboard had cost about

the keyboard had cost about 400 dollars and it did just about everything but unfortunately the musical moment i had did not last and off to the pawn shop it went. lol :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #24

Replied by hjm331 on topic I'm trying to get into

I'm trying to get into the music field as a profession and I have a keyboard too. But this one is an MIDI 88-key keyboard. I use it to make all kinds of beats. They're not up to par but practice makes perfect right? :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #25

Replied by eugene66 on topic Eugene, did you end up

Eugene, did you end up paying back your MW card for that keyboard? lol

ohhh yeah i paid it back and i started kicking myself afterwards lol.... a lesson well learned on my part. :cheesing: :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #26

Replied by hjm331 on topic Eugene, did you end up

Eugene, did you end up paying back your MW card for that keyboard? lol
15 years 11 months ago #27

Replied by eugene66 on topic i got approved for a

i got approved for a Montgomery ward card in 1985 with a 700 cl and bought the most ridiculous item(for me anyway) the first day i got the card. i bought a casio keyboard that i played with for about an hour and wounded up taking it to the pawn shop the same day i got it. lol :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #28

Replied by happylady on topic Thanks hjm331!! :cheesing: :cheesing:

Thanks hjm331!! :cheesing: :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #29

Replied by hjm331 on topic Happylady, feel free to ask

Happylady, feel free to ask us any question that you'd like! We're always here to help you out! Don't ever second guess our willingness to help!
15 years 11 months ago #30