GEMB Chevron closed (transfered) our accounts

Replied by cireone on topic Re: GEMB Chevron closed (transfered) our accounts

I finally received the CHevron/Texaco gas card. It looks nothing like the one shown on this site. Maybe due to the change over in issuers. Anyways, the card has a $400 CL, no AF, 21% APR. No cash advance feature because GEMB requires at least a $500 minimum CL to get eligible for cash advance. I dont care about that anyways. So now I dont have to travel a ways away to get gas using this card, if needed. I wouldve liked the Visa though.
15 years 7 months ago #1

GEMB has been great to me but I need to have hgiher limits on ym cards with them. Still I am happy that they reached out to me. A year ago I couldnt even bet a Walmart card. Have one now, along with other GEMB issued cards.
15 years 8 months ago #2
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: GEMB Chevron closed (transfered) our accounts

Go for it, but go for the Chevron Visa! Dont use the card for all gas usage, use cash or debit. They give nice cli's and I know you will enjoy the card.
15 years 8 months ago #3

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: GEMB Chevron closed (transfered) our accounts

I received a preapp today for a Chevron/Texaco card today issued by GEMB. I dont have any gas cards and I would like to get one but not this one cause gas is expensive at those gas stations here!
15 years 8 months ago #4

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: GEMB Chevron closed (transfered) our accounts

OK so I did my research on the site and found the backoor number for Chevron. Luckily I found a helpful CSR who then told me to call the fraud department for my app status (it was the reason why I had no respinse in 2 weeks). I called and then they asked me a few questions regarding my past residence. In about 5 minutes I was approved for $400 CL. It beats the other two gas cards I have that are issued by Citi. Im happy of the approval.

Woo Hoo congratulations
15 years 8 months ago #5

OK so I did my research on the site and found the backoor number for Chevron. Luckily I found a helpful CSR who then told me to call the fraud department for my app status (it was the reason why I had no respinse in 2 weeks). I called and then they asked me a few questions regarding my past residence. In about 5 minutes I was approved for $400 CL. It beats the other two gas cards I have that are issued by Citi. Im happy of the approval.
15 years 8 months ago #6

HEY MEYA,
Do you happen to know the number to find out your application status????
15 years 8 months ago #7
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Mines took about ummmmmm close to a month. Don't worry, If it took this long you might be surprised when the mailman hand you a stiff envelope. Give them a call to find out the status. Speaking of them, let me give them a call and find out about the new Visa they have. If I have to apply for it, I am going to pass it by. I do not want any new inq on my Cr because I have to be clean for next year when I get ready to apply for tier one cards.
15 years 8 months ago #8

SO its been 2 weeks since I applied for the Chevron basic card. Ive got noresponse form GEMB, although a EQ pull was done 2 weeks ago. Its kind of odd how its taking so long to reach a decision. I guess Ill just forget about it and maybe a surprise may arrive in the mail (fingers crossed). Other than that just waiting.
15 years 8 months ago #9
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

cireone, fg discribed this card, here is the link https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/card628.php

Hope this helps!:white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #10

There was nothing I saw about credit builder on Chevron website, although I beleive under the old issuer they had the credit builder card. Having that card would be of a good convenience since theres like a station on every major cross-street where I live, literally. The pull on my credit report is already showing up. Ill keep everyone posted on whether I got approved or denied.
15 years 8 months ago #11
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Oh yes, I think I am going to see if I can get an upgrade to it. I should since I have been charging and paying at the same time. :worried:
15 years 8 months ago #12

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: GEMB Chevron closed (transfered) our accounts

I believe that Meya posted that card as one of the new cards to put on the FG site. Hay Meya can you confirm please?
15 years 8 months ago #13
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Chevron (gemb)

Here is the credit rebuilder link https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/card628.php REad about it before you apply. They are pretty cool.
15 years 8 months ago #14

Replied by iantha1 on topic Re: Chevron (gemb)

I filled out app as well. Told me id get a reply by email with in 3-4 days if not by mail in a week. Do they offer credit builder with this as well ?
15 years 8 months ago #15