SavingStar Secured America Express

Replied by FrankN on topic Re: SavingStar Secured America Express

That is a good point, I didn't even think of that. I will make sure to use that CC for my holiday shopping.
7 years 5 months ago #1

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Re: SavingStar Secured America Express

FrankN wrote: I use the Chase Freedom Card with 5% rotating categories. Unfortunately you do not get to pick the categories and in many cases they are so specific I do not seem to get the 5% rewards very often.

I have the same card and I seldom manage to build up much in the way of rewards. I noticed that department stores is one of them for the last quarter of this year, so maybe I'll get some rewards when I'm doing my Christmas shopping.
7 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: SavingStar Secured America Express

FrankN did you scope the US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature? Give that a look too. May or may not be your card of choice but it does cover categories.
7 years 5 months ago #3

I use the Chase Freedom Card with 5% rotating categories. Unfortunately you do not get to pick the categories and in many cases they are so specific I do not seem to get the 5% rewards very often.
7 years 5 months ago #4

Food for thought ... you may want to explore the Discover Card shopping portal with 5% rotating categories, Chase shopping portal and the Chase Freedom Card with 5% rotating categories, the USAA Federal Savings Bank has a shopping portal option and there are others. US Bank offers a US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card that has 5% rotating categories. There are many many options out there so take the time to explore before deciding. You may be surprised!
7 years 6 months ago #5

My wife was looking to get this card, and we called to inquire and they told us it was all cash back bonuses. There were certain stores that paid higher bonuses, but you get the savings in cash back.
7 years 6 months ago #6

Replied by Breakinger on topic Re: SavingStar Secured America Express

Does anyone know if this card has other offers besides cashback? I remember someone saying once that they offered an automatic savings program at different stores where you could save up to 10%.
7 years 6 months ago #7

Saving star is offering Secured American Express Card, do these secured cards also offers cash back also?

In looking at the card it appears to offer the same benefits as the unsecured card. To be sure, call the First National Bank Omaha and ask they are very friendly people. I have two cards with them.
8 years 10 months ago #8

Replied by BloodFood on topic Re: SavingStar Secured America Express

Saving star is offering Secured American Express Card, do these secured cards also offers cash back also?
8 years 10 months ago #9

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: SavingStar Secured America Express

After the site upgrade I will add more cards, including these 2. Let us know if you get the card and any info about it!
8 years 10 months ago #10
  • BelindaR
  • BelindaR's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by BelindaR on topic Re: SavingStar Secured America Express

Hello BelindaR,

Since there are no replies, I decided to do a little checking on this. The main downfall is the $25 annual fee, but may be a small price to pay depending on the big picture of credit rebuilding. It has a fairly decent interest rate (18.99% currently).

To me, the card sounds very solid for a secured card, along with the Amex logo and issued by FNBO. Cash back secured cards are almost unheard of. I have never used SavingStar, so that is another topic.

Great find!

Thanks for the reply! The cash back aspect was definitely what drew me to the card and the fact that it graduates in 11 months. I love the SavingStar portal as in my opinion it helps me save money. Oh and I forgot to mention that FNBO also offer a non secured American Express with SavingStar as well.
8 years 10 months ago #11

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: SavingStar Secured America Express

Hello BelindaR,

Since there are no replies, I decided to do a little checking on this. The main downfall is the $25 annual fee, but may be a small price to pay depending on the big picture of credit rebuilding. It has a fairly decent interest rate (18.99% currently).

To me, the card sounds very solid for a secured card, along with the Amex logo and issued by FNBO. Cash back secured cards are almost unheard of. I have never used SavingStar, so that is another topic.

Great find!
8 years 10 months ago #12
  • BelindaR
  • BelindaR's Avatar Topic Author

was created by BelindaR

Hello all,

SavingStar a online coupon/discount website is offering a co branded Secured American Express Card that is offered through First National Bank of Omaha. What I find very interesting is that after a year of on time payments the card is converted to a non secured card. Deposits are $300 to $5000 which is returned when card is unsecured.

I am in the process of rebuilding and decided to open an account. Does anyone here have this card. I really would value your opinions.
8 years 11 months ago #13