available credit

• smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic They haven't closed my account,

They haven't closed my account, in fact I got a CLI 30 days ago on my BankAmericard. I started all this just to find out if anyone else that has more than one credit card with their bank can transfer available credit from one card to another. I was thinking if BOA started this option has any other banks followed suit?
16 years 3 weeks ago #16

Replied by hjm331 on topic Did Bank of America report

Did Bank of America report the Americard account as closed on your credit report? If they did, then you score might've dropped a little bit depending on the payment history.
16 years 3 weeks ago #17
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic I have had the card

I have had the card since the fall of 2007 being upgraded from a World Points Visa. I think its pretty cool that you can move available credit from one card to another within the bank. What makes it better is lets say the new card has a lower APR, moving available credit from one card to another and then using the card with the lower APR saves money over the long run if you have to carry a balance from one month to another
16 years 3 weeks ago #18

Replied by hjm331 on topic How much history do you

How much history do you have with the Americard?
16 years 1 month ago #19

Replied by sophie on topic This sounds very sketchy and

This sounds very sketchy and I would simply not advise paying around with credit cards to increase your credit score. I do not do that nor would I because it sounds like this will catch up with you in a bad way?
16 years 1 month ago #20
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

I found this out with BOA and wonder if any of you who patronize other banks have this same advantage. BOA told me I can apply for a Credit Card and although they might open a new card/account with a small limit that I can transfer some of my limit from my BankAmericard to this new card, i.e. if I get approved for a World Points MasterCard with a $10,000 limit I can move $15K from my BankAmericard and now have $25K on my MasterCard!

The reason I bring this up is if anyone is close to their limit on card (a) and have room on card (b) to move some of their limit to card (a) they reduce the credit to debt ratio on card (a) and possibly raise their score in the process. Of course card (b) should be close to empty for this to work as not to put card (b) in jeopardy of being close to the limit in the process
16 years 1 month ago #21