New Member with Question

Replied by _Leo_ on topic Re: New Member with Question

Only 6 months on the best buy mc, i really want to get rid of my orchard bank though, i was checkin out the bofa secure and seemed like a much better card then mine currently
15 years 4 months ago #31

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: New Member with Question

Forget about your AU accounts. Yes, they do help your score but when your report is manually reviewed (looked at by a real person, not computer) the credit analyzer will see that you have accounts on your report that are in good standing but they're not in your name. They want to see how responsible you are with credit. So, when your report is manually reviewed, your AU accounts won't help you out much. How old is your Best Buy Mastercard?
15 years 4 months ago #32

Yea this is my oldest active card, other then that I have my fiances Im piggybacking on with a high limit which are active but i dont think that matters, Also have my new amex card and new hooters which hasnt come yet and my best buy mc, should i just close my orchard anyway? How bad will that look?

Thank you again for your help
15 years 4 months ago #33

Is your Orchard Bank M/C your oldest credit card? If not, then I would close the account, ask them to refund your deposit, and apply for the Bank of America secured card and deposit my money there because BOA will grow with you and looks great on your report unlike Orchard Bank/HSBC.
15 years 4 months ago #34

Replied by Meya on topic Re: New Member with Question

That's like talking to a brick wall and ducking from a boomerang. Orchard is tripping right about now, I would just hold on for a minute, but there is nothing wrong with trying, I wish you luck!
15 years 4 months ago #35

I have had my orchard bank mc for Over a year and a half I emailed them and asked about releasing my funds because its a secured card or about a credit limit increase, they told me I was only able to get an increase if I send them more money, and the only way to release my funds would be to close the account. Do you think if I call the backdoor number I might get a better offer? I have never been late and pay my complete balance off every month.
15 years 4 months ago #36

Well, you're definitely on the right path. How long have you had your Orchard Bank credit card for?
15 years 4 months ago #37

Replied by _Leo_ on topic Re: How bad is it?

Thank you guyz for the responses, I think ill stop now lol no more applying! I guess i need to join the credit addicts....

As far as the approvals hjm, I was approved for Amex Green with no limit, but they put through test charges and it was oked for $2k Hooters also approved me with $600cl but not sure the rest of the details yet.

As far as my history goes I have a Best Buy MC with $400cl and a secured orchard bank with $500cl and Im piggybacking on my fiances Discover card with $6k limit, and her chase with $14k limit. I recently got the lemon law for my 08 camry so they paid off my old loan which probably looks great and I bought a new car which i have a new loan showing for it. I became really sick with lung disease in 05 and unable to work which gave me so many medical bills it was ridiculous and my credit became really bad because of them, but ive been paying them all off slowly and getting myself back on track. my ficos are 635 and 625 with trans ane exp.

so what do u guyz think?:scared:
15 years 4 months ago #38

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: how bad is this?

Continuing to apply for credit is like digging a hole that will take you months to climb out of...

Bingo! I'm telling you this from experience. Inquiries have drilled a hole in my score already, I'm guessing about 50-60 pts. I was planning on buying a new car next year but have to postpone by an addition year or two because I'm not going to be able to get approved for low rate due to my low FICO scores. I wish I knew before applying for all of those cards and burning my inquiries for nothing.
15 years 4 months ago #39

Replied by DeShoni on topic Re: how bad is this?

Leo, listen to them. Smcc and hjm331 just coached me out of the same scenario. We should chill out for a while and work with what we have. Peace.:white-flag:
15 years 4 months ago #40

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: how bad is this?

You definitely need to stop applying or else you're going to regret it later. Were you approved for any of the cards you applied for?
15 years 4 months ago #41

Replied by smcc on topic Re: how bad is this?

I would slow down. With all the applicatons you have put in within a short window of time it will look like your desperate for credit. Stop here and start to generate history with the cards you were approved for. Continuing to apply for credit is like digging a hole that will take you months to climb out of...............
15 years 4 months ago #42

Replied by _Leo_ on topic how bad is this?

Hi everyone,

Thank you for looking! I have been getting heat from my fiance to stop applying for cards or shes going to kill me, so im wondering how much of a problem does everyone think i caused, heres what Ive applied for from trucredit

Hooters 10-23-08 transunion
Toyota FSB 10-23-08 transunion
Amex 10-19-08 Experian
Sears 10-08-08 Experian
Chase 9-30-08 Equifax
Wamu 8-15-08 Transunion

Toyota (had a new car loan with them paid it off) and wamu both sent me preapproval letters(or so i thought) and i was denied, i went into sears to buy some stuff and my friend who works there persuaded me I was reluctant but he gets $5 everytime someone applied so i did it and was denied, amex green approved me and so did hooters yay and one that isnt on there is Citi which I applied and recieved a 30 day message saying they will review my credit and get back to me.

so whats everyone think should i stop now?lol or keeeeep it going!!!!! Im so addicted to applying :innocent:

How much damage did i do?
15 years 4 months ago #43

Replied by yoyo11 on topic to jwa2000, i just want

to jwa2000, i just want say that Tribute is a good card to have. They gave my a $350 limit, but $150 did go to fees, however in six months i did get a credit limit increase without asking..it was $50, three months later another $50, the 3months later $100. As long as you pay them on time(send a check 10days in advance!!) you're get an increase. I heard on this forum that after a year the will lower the annual fee, and give you a good credit increase ..i'll let you know, my year is up in July/08 :shocked:
15 years 11 months ago #44

Replied by Meya on topic No problem, u have my

No problem, u have my best-of-luck!
:fun:
16 years 1 week ago #45