confused about cap 1

Replied by MaryM on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I'm going to get all 3 credit reports today since all 3 were mentioned in the letter.

Makes no sense to me since they just gave me a cli on my other cap one card.

Thanks for the advice and I'll get checking right away...
15 years 9 months ago #76

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Ok figure this one out for me......I called the backdoor number and asked for a CLI. I get " I can't give you one at this time but you will get a letter in the mail."

So I get the letter and it says...thank you for your recent request to increase your credit limit. We regret that we cannot approve the requested change. The reason for our decision are as follows..

There is presence of a bankruptcy or bankruptcy filing

WTH??? I have 2 cap one cards and I just don't understand this one??

I would seriously pull my credit reports because you need to know what in the world are they talking about
15 years 9 months ago #77

Replied by keys on topic Re: confused about cap 1

HSBC is really slow on reporting altogether. However, HSBC R/S (Retail Services) reports faster than other HSBC cards. I don't know why but that's just the way it is.

I did noticed that my bestbuy account was updated. I don't get it.:confused:
15 years 9 months ago #78

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I agree, have you checked your reports lately? I would call the backdoor number and ask them about this. If the rep can't figure it out, ask for an account manager.
15 years 9 months ago #79

Replied by cireone on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Either Cap1 has an error on your account or there is an error on your credit report.
15 years 9 months ago #80

Replied by MaryM on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Ok figure this one out for me......I called the backdoor number and asked for a CLI. I get " I can't give you one at this time but you will get a letter in the mail."

So I get the letter and it says...thank you for your recent request to increase your credit limit. We regret that we cannot approve the requested change. The reason for our decision are as follows..

There is presence of a bankruptcy or bankruptcy filing

WTH??? I have 2 cap one cards and I just don't understand this one??
15 years 9 months ago #81

HSBC is really slow on reporting altogether. However, HSBC R/S (Retail Services) reports faster than other HSBC cards. I don't know why but that's just the way it is. I think it takes AMEX longer than HSBC to report monthly. So much for world-class service.
15 years 9 months ago #82

Why are they taking so long to report, don't they realize that people are trying to rebuild their credit
15 years 9 months ago #83

Replied by keys on topic Re: confused about cap 1

It's july and my CR still shows April reporting w/Orchard!

I just checked my reports and they did the same to me. Now I'm ticked:upset: because I paid the account off in May and it's not showing!:shocked:
15 years 9 months ago #84

Ohhhh that really pisses me off
15 years 9 months ago #85

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Cap1 that is great but I am not happy that Orchard is not on time with their reporting

It's july and my CR still shows April reporting w/Orchard!
15 years 9 months ago #86

I don't know how long it takes for Cap1 and Orchard to start reporting but don't hold your breath on Orchard Bank. They are always one month behind unlike Capital One who reports your statement balance and other info a couple days after your statement has been created.

Cap1 that is great but I am not happy that Orchard is not on time with their reporting
15 years 9 months ago #87

This is why Capital One is so popular on this website. They treat their customers well and they get the same respect back. Congrats on the APR decrease and the CLI!

Keep working at it and this card will open up doors to better credit cards.
15 years 9 months ago #88

Replied by doneros on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I got my Cap 1 card in Jan 08 - I got this same letter and got my increase promptly this month.

I was approved online for my Cap One, received the "credit steps" letter and followed the on time pymts with no overlimits. On receipt of my 5th statement the limit was increased from $300 to $500 just as they stated.
Here's the surprise. I found the backdoor number here and I have a philosophy. Ask! If you're told "no" you're no worse off than you were.
BOY was I surprised. I asked about an increase and was told that she had a 10.4% APR she could give me then; I started with 12.4%. Then I explained that I had just finished the 3 step deal and received the CLI but was simply curious if that was my max at this time. This was in June. She said, No, I see where we can give you another $500 for a total of $1,000.
Don't know how it happened. 12.4% down to 10.4% > a CLI from $500 to $1,000 after just receiving the 300 to 500 bump on the May statement.
My scores are 604 EQ, 601 EX and 644 TU.
And I don't usually have that kind of luck. :confused:
15 years 9 months ago #89

I called the backdoor number to consolidate both of my Cap 1 cards and the rep said she will able to combine both. She read the terms and conditions which I agreed to and said that I would receive a letter from them within 2 weeks to confirm the request. It's been 2 months and everything is exactly the same as it was before. I am going to call the backdoor number again tomorrow and complain that the rep lied to me and that she wasn't able to do her job. It might be harsh but she wasn't able to combine my cards. I'm going to tell them to do something about this ASAP.
15 years 9 months ago #90