confused about cap 1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Orchard doen't take too long to process payments but they do took a while to report to the CB's monthly.
15 years 9 months ago #61

Replied by Meya on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I think your timing was right Kmoney. Just remember when it says the cutt off time for the day (est) and then it will hit at 12:01 that day but will post the next day for you to see. Holding for a week is very strange to me.

Glad to see Orchard has finally made it to your cr. Now the monthly delays are going to come in play. Do not be surprised nor alarmend when you do not see your balance or payment for the next 50 days.
:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #62

KMoney, it takes some time for Capital One to start reporting when the account is new but they will start reporting a few days after your statement cuts.
15 years 9 months ago #63

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: confused about cap 1

HSBC is really slow on reporting altogether. However, HSBC R/S (Retail Services) reports faster than other HSBC cards. I don't know why but that's just the way it is. I think it takes AMEX longer than HSBC to report monthly. So much for world-class service.

I got an alert from Creditkeeper and now I have a new reporting yes (Orchard ) LOL!
15 years 9 months ago #64

KMoney, my fingers are crossed for you!

Well i didnt see them take the money from my account but when I called the automated service they said it received my payment. So I will see come Monday
15 years 9 months ago #65

KMoney, my fingers are crossed for you!
15 years 9 months ago #66

You are right hjm331. If mines is paid online by 3pm, it goes in at 12am but will show the next day.

After I made the payment today I called them and they said, yes we received your payment and it will post tomorrow. So we shall wait with baited breath
15 years 9 months ago #67

KMoney, are you making these payments online or by mail? If you pay them online, the payment goes through in one day. I don't remember them holding my first payment for any of my cards.

Unless this is something new that they are starting but I PIF and then I noticed that my account was credited so I called them. And that is when they said for first time payments they hold it for a week, to make sure that the money is there but they took the money. If the money wasn't there the would not have gotten it.
15 years 9 months ago #68

You are right hjm331. If mines is paid online by 3pm, it goes in at 12am but will show the next day.
15 years 9 months ago #69

KMoney, are you making these payments online or by mail? If you pay them online, the payment goes through in one day. I don't remember them holding my first payment for any of my cards.
15 years 9 months ago #70

Update so I made a payment to Cap1 today and then did a follow up call 2 hours later. So they informed me that they have received the payment and it will reflect tomorrow. I pray that is the case this time
15 years 9 months ago #71

I didn't know this but when I made my very first payment to Cap1 they held my payment for a week before posting it. I called up their CS to ask why and her response was we need to make sure that you have the money to pay, I said
15 years 9 months ago #72

Eric, I just combined both of my Cap 1 cards also. However, none of them had a rewards program. My current limit is now $3,550. Do you think they will upgrade me to the Cap 1 Visa with rewards without decreasing my limit?
15 years 9 months ago #73

Hey Meya thanks for the link....yeah I did do a consolidation on my 2 Cap1 cards....I had the Cap1 cashback and classic MC...I decided that I wanted to keep the Cap1 Cash Visa...since those fools didnt want to give me an increase when I asked for one in April I consolidated my 2 $500 cards into one and they closed out my MC...funny thing is they offered me a $500 Cap1 Points Visa instead of giving me the CLI...I think they just wanted the $19 AF for the new account...those @$$ holes haha. anyways if you want to do a Consolidation call the backdoor # 8775139959

Hope this helps!

Eric

Thanks for stepping in Eric!
15 years 9 months ago #74

HSBC is really slow on reporting altogether. However, HSBC R/S (Retail Services) reports faster than other HSBC cards. I don't know why but that's just the way it is. I think it takes AMEX longer than HSBC to report monthly. So much for world-class service.

I just checked mines and they are in June but I know I will not see them update it again until sometime in August watch!
:upset:
15 years 9 months ago #75