confused about cap 1

Replied by saurabh on topic yes i too feel that

yes i too feel that you should make sure that you read the letter carefully and see what it says. So you need to make sure what does it mean and then call and talk to someone.
15 years 11 months ago #181

Replied by happylady on topic I still have the letter

I still have the letter from when I first got the card in 06/2007 and it says...

"Ready to increase you credit line to $750
Its easy - youre just 3 steps away...

1. Use your card in the first 90 days
2. Dont go over your credit line
3. Make your first 3 payments on time

Thats it. Just complete these three steps, and youll automatically get your credit line increase by your 5th statement."

There is NO fine print, no catch, basically just do those 3 things and b patient by your 5th statement.

<333

I got my Cap 1 card in Jan 08 - I got this same letter and got my increase promptly this month. :cheesing:
Does anybody who's had this Cap 1 card for awhile know how long it will take to get another CLI?? Another 3 months of on time payments??
15 years 11 months ago #182
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic This is not true because

This is not true because I have had my Cap1 card for around 1 1/2 years now and never went over nor even been late and I still don't have any increase. Still just $300 which is what I started with.

Uhhhh buddie, I think you need to call them because everyone that I had heard of got this with the card. Did you get a secured account or something? You are the first that I have heard with this, hummmm I will wait for your response, but make sure that you call them asap.

:cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing:

Meya you crack me up lol... :laugh: but yeah she is right...I have a Cap 1 platinum MC and a No Hassle cashback Visa and they gave me my increases after the 4th payment on both of them. Im still pissed about the CLI I requested last week at the backdoor# that got declined because I dont use my card enough. Like I said though before, I really dont think that girl knew what she was doing. Im calling back tommorow... I want justice! lol :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #183

Replied by Meya on topic there are different cards, and

there are different cards, and depending on the one that you applied for, you may or may not get the credit steps letter

I believe it is for the "Standard Platinum" card which is strictly for the rebuilders. That offer may be a way of encouraging us to pay on time. The initial limit is probably $500 but they offer us $300 to see what we will do with it. There other cards starts off at $500, so this is why I am assuming this theory.
15 years 11 months ago #184

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Just so you know, it

Just so you know, it seems like the people at Capital One that do CLI's are not in communication with the Credit Steps program. I called about a week before my closing date of my 3rd months statement, after I made the payment, and was denied an increase. After arguing them them, I finally mentioned the "Credit Steps Letter"..they stopped dead in their tracks and told me that I would have to wait for it, and it was different from a regular CLI.

My CLI came on midnight of the closing date of my 3rd month...right on the dot. For example, if you get your 3rd month's bill and pay it on time, you have to wait until your 4th month's bill gets generated for the CLI to be there... in my case, at least.

Also, I hear that there are different cards, and depending on the one that you applied for, you may or may not get the credit steps letter. I'm not sure what the actual name of the one I applied to was, but it's the basic platinum with no annual fee.
15 years 11 months ago #185

Replied by Meya on topic This is not true because

This is not true because I have had my Cap1 card for around 1 1/2 years now and never went over nor even been late and I still don't have any increase. Still just $300 which is what I started with.

Uhhhh buddie, I think you need to call them because everyone that I had heard of got this with the card. Did you get a secured account or something? You are the first that I have heard with this, hummmm I will wait for your response, but make sure that you call them asap.

:dumbfounded: :dumbfounded:
15 years 11 months ago #186

Replied by RivasGlo on topic When you applied for the

When you applied for the card, did you get this letter? If you didnt then thats why you never got a CLI.

If I were you, I would call them to see whats up with that. Because if you have had their card that long, you should of gotten somekind of love.
15 years 11 months ago #187

Replied by countrifie on topic This is not true because

15 years 11 months ago #188

Replied by RivasGlo on topic I still have the letter

I still have the letter from when I first got the card in 06/2007 and it says...

"Ready to increase you credit line to $750
Its easy - youre just 3 steps away...

1. Use your card in the first 90 days
2. Dont go over your credit line
3. Make your first 3 payments on time

Thats it. Just complete these three steps, and youll automatically get your credit line increase by your 5th statement."

There is NO fine print, no catch, basically just do those 3 things and b patient by your 5th statement.

<333
16 years 1 week ago #189

Replied by sophie on topic I advise always to call

I advise always to call and ask the appropriate questions when agreeing to sign up for a new card. Not everyone is skilled or patient enough o read the fine print and I think it is best to just call and ask. It can’t hurt.

16 years 1 week ago #190

Replied by Attagirl on topic I agree you have to

I agree you have to make sure that you read the letter and the whole letter and see what it says, sometimes the letter say periodic increases as well. So you need to make sure what is says and then call and talk to someone.
16 years 1 week ago #191

Replied by Ash on topic Reality, make sure you read that

Reality,
make sure you read that correspondence carefully. Alot of folks were looking for the increase after three months but like rivas said the letter I got said will increase up to 750 by the fourth or fifth statement. Quick story, my hubbie had this card with the 300 limit. Made a mistake and made a payment that didnt post on time. Instead of him getting the early increase they still gave him the cli but he had to wait over 6 months...
16 years 1 week ago #192

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Hey! I also go the letter

Hey!
I also go the letter saying that in 3 months it will b increased from $500 to $750 and once my third/fourth stmt closed it showed the increase..

Go ahead and call the back door # to CapOne... 1-800-889-9939. Its the number directly to Senior Account Managers or something like that.. SO YOU WILL GET A LIVE PERSON!

Everyone here usually calls that number and gets a CLI. Just let them know ur situation and request an increase.

Post your results here...

https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=forum§ion=topic&top_id=100093

Thanks!
16 years 1 week ago #193
  • reality
  • reality's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

was created by reality

Hi everyone-

I opened a Cap1 account the end of November with the standard 300 credit limit. I received a letter in the mail saying that I would receive an automatic CLI to 500 after three months. Well, three months came and went, I made all payments on time and no CLI. I called up Cap1 and went through their automated system, which finally advised that accounts were periodically reviewed and CLI were not given over the phone. Has anyone had this experience, and is there a way to talk to a live person at Cap 1?
16 years 1 week ago #194