confused about cap 1

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Ok you guys have given me the courage to do it and hopefully it will not involve a hard pull
15 years 9 months ago #16

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Exactly :white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #17

Replied by Meya on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Yes your right maybe I will do that but I am chicken remember I don't like hearing the word "No"

Never be afraid when there is no hard pull involved:scared:
15 years 9 months ago #18

I don't like it either but you don't have anything to lose.
15 years 9 months ago #19

You should try calling the backdoor number before your 3rd statement cuts and asking for a CLI. That way, you have a chance of receiving a CLI from the backdoor number and receiving an auto-CLI when your 3rd statement cuts.

Yes your right maybe I will do that but I am chicken remember I don't like hearing the word "No"
15 years 9 months ago #20

You should try calling the backdoor number before your 3rd statement cuts and asking for a CLI. That way, you have a chance of receiving a CLI from the backdoor number and receiving an auto-CLI when your 3rd statement cuts.
15 years 9 months ago #21

KMoney, what's the limit that they are going to raise your account to? My father who was approved for a Cap 1 card about a month ago received the credit steps letter in the mail a couple of weeks ago and they were going to give him a $250 CLI if he met the requirements.

Yes the same CLI
15 years 9 months ago #22

KMoney, what's the limit that they are going to raise your account to? My father who was approved for a Cap 1 card about a month ago received the credit steps letter in the mail a couple of weeks ago and they were going to give him a $250 CLI if he met the requirements.
15 years 9 months ago #23

Received my credit steps letter in the mail from Cap1 on Saturday Woo Hoo!
15 years 9 months ago #24

Smcc, I believe it is the large limits on your cards. Those are limits that are issued on business credit cards.
15 years 9 months ago #25

That makes a whole lot of sence smcc. Oh yeah, and another thing, why do they send preapprovals when they already skimmed your cr, and then deny you when you apply? Do you know how many trees can be saved from preapproval? If they felt like you were a good candidate when they sent you the preapproval, then they should feel the same way when you apply. I think it is a scam to decrease cl because you encountered inqs in a short time. There are some people who really bite to preapproval in the mail. That is why i am opted out at all 3 cb's, but it has not stopped the business preapprovals from comming in.
:upset:
15 years 9 months ago #26

Replied by smcc on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Meya, I'm like Rivasglo, just John Q. Public. When my limit was half of what it currently is, I still was receiving these offers. Here is something to think about, for whatever reasons, If I'm good enough to be considered for a Business Card, why not offer me your top of the line Personal Credit Card? Don't tell me I'm good enough for one and not the other.
15 years 9 months ago #27

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Good Morning All]Capital One Visa Business Platinum Card[/B]. Now being a BOA customer and listening to Eric, I know that BOA will do whatever to get your business. But I have no affiliation with Capital One at all, personal or otherwise. What makes them think I am a small business owner? I know that all banks have a pre screening process but what do they see in my profile that makes the light go off and say, "lets encourage him to apply for a business card?" Has BOA shared my information with Capital One and because of my limit on my BankAmericard they see a potential customer in the making? Just trying to make head way here............ Thanks for your time in this matter...........

I also have that exact question because I have the Chase Flexible Rewards and Chase Freedom Card but about a week ago I got a preapp from Chase for a BUSINESS account (I have never ever rcvd a preapp from Chase till that one)... I also do not have a business or own a license :dumbfounded:
15 years 9 months ago #28

Creditors share your info among many others. I just received a mimi enclosure from Chase yesterday informing me that they share my info with other affiliates, and even if you opt out, they will still (under law) share your info with others.

Do you hold a professional license of any kind? My reason for asking is because I hold a State Cosmetology license and Amex (of all people) keep sending me preapproval business applications and so does MBNA (am i saying that right) but I just toss them in the garbage can. The reason why I know that my info is shared is because I opted out through all 3 cb's for preapprovals so I know my name is being shared through somebody.
:scared: :worried:
15 years 9 months ago #29

Replied by smcc on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Good Morning All:

First of all, I am not a Capital one Customer. Furthermore I am not a business owner. Hopefully you can make me understand this concept. Capital One always sends me invitations to apply for their Capital One Visa Business Platinum Card. Now being a BOA customer and listening to Eric, I know that BOA will do whatever to get your business. But I have no affiliation with Capital One at all, personal or otherwise. What makes them think I am a small business owner? I know that all banks have a pre screening process but what do they see in my profile that makes the light go off and say, "lets encourage him to apply for a business card?" Has BOA shared my information with Capital One and because of my limit on my BankAmericard they see a potential customer in the making? Just trying to make head way here............

Thanks for your time in this matter...........
15 years 9 months ago #30