confused about cap 1

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I'm using about 65% of my credit limit right now.

This may be the reason they have not granted you a CLI. Rivasglo I believe said it best. If you PIF and keep your utilization low then Cap1 will have no problem granting you your CLI
15 years 9 months ago #121

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: confused about cap 1

On your CapOne card, have you always carried a balance? Making new purchases and making payments? Or just making payments... I ask because I notice that when you pay of a CC in full and let it report a zero balance for a month or so, it can increase the chances of getting a CLI.

This has happened on 3 of my CC's... on two of my CC's, I PIF and when it reported a zero balance I got an auto CLI and on the other one I PIF and requested a CLI and it was given to me, when it had been denied the month before... :cool:
15 years 9 months ago #122

Replied by MaryM on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Are you carrying a high balance on the card?

15 years 9 months ago #123

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: confused about cap 1

For the life of me I can't understand why I can't get a CLI from Cap one. I called the back door number and they said they can't offer me anything at this time that they will review the account. I've been stuck at 500 for a year now. I've had the card since 2005 and only got a 100 increase back in 2007. Should I wait for my scores to go up? Pay down more of my card? Any ideas?

Are you carrying a high balance on the card?
15 years 9 months ago #124

Wow, I guess they didn't give you the full plate of their chicken wings, just half.

:laugh: Good one, HJM!
15 years 9 months ago #125

Replied by MaryM on topic Re: confused about cap 1

For the life of me I can't understand why I can't get a CLI from Cap one. I called the back door number and they said they can't offer me anything at this time that they will review the account. I've been stuck at 500 for a year now. I've had the card since 2005 and only got a 100 increase back in 2007. Should I wait for my scores to go up? Pay down more of my card? Any ideas?
15 years 9 months ago #126

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Wow, I guess they didn't give you the full plate of their chicken wings, just half. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #127

My highest CL is $5500 on my Chase Freedom Card, I got it 03/2008... I thought Hooters would try to match it but they gave me a CL of $500, AF $36 and high APR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will see if they lower it in 6 months, if not I will most deff cancel!
15 years 9 months ago #128

I will try to get $500 CLI's on both of my Capital One cards which will give me $2,000 limits on each of them. Then, I will try to combine them which will give me a $4000 limit and when that starts to report on my credit report, lenders will try to match that or give me a bigger limit. That should increase my scores.
15 years 9 months ago #129

That is what managers are beginning to say also if you call in and ask for an increase if it hasn't been 6 months since your previous increase.

What! :shocked: I guess ill wait my 6 months then :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #130

RivasGlo, you are right about that. If you ask a regular CSR for an increase, they will say that your account is reviewed periodically to see if you are qualified for an increase or not. That is what managers are beginning to say also if you call in and ask for an increase if it hasn't been 6 months since your previous increase. Calling in every 6 months is a good idea though and should get you a nice increase.
15 years 9 months ago #131

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

This sounds about right RivasGlo. I've had 2 Cap 1 card from 2003, one for $500, the oldest Cap 1 and one for $1k.

I got an automatic CLI last year and I was shocked. One day, I was pulling my TU daily and Inoticed CL was $2k instead of $500. I called the automated line,just to be sure, and it was actually for $2k. I got a notice in the mail a few weeks later.

The other card, I hav enot had a CLI since I have had the card and I'm sure that at one point, I must have called the 1-800 in the back of the card and had them tell me that they don't offer CLI's manually.

I finally got a CLI on Friday of $300 each when I called using the back door number.
15 years 9 months ago #132

Capital One does not give automatic increases other than the credit steps program. You have to call in and ask for one.

Actually if you call the number on the back of your Capital One card... and go thru the options to request a CLI... it says they dont give cli per customer request.

Even under the FAQ's when you log in to view you bill it says]"Capital One® is a conservative lender and most credit limit increases are based on proactive reviews of accounts. We cannot provide specifics regarding when these reviews will occur or what the criteria will be, however, you will be notified if you receive a limit increase.[/I]
By keeping all of your accounts in good standing, you will increase the likelihood of receiving an increase during a proactive review."

Calling the backdoor number is different because you are talking to a manager. I dont know if a regular rep will b able to... I doubt it.
15 years 9 months ago #133

Capital One does not give automatic increases other than the credit steps program. You have to call in and ask for one.
15 years 9 months ago #134

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I won't push it. I will ask for another CLI in Dec. I've had the card nearly 5yrs and Ihave never asked for a CLI. Only on one of the cards did they do an auto increase.

This is why I said earlier that CAP1 was stingy on their CLIs. I didn't know that all one had to do was ask.

BTW, their was an article on www.msnbc.com and Yahoo about credit card companies decreasing limits. They cited AMex, Wamu and BOA. The reason was that credit card delinquencies was up and companies are looking for ways to be proactive and stem their losses especially in the middle of this bad economic cycle.

I guess that means that we must keep our utilization down, pay on time and not go over the limit.
15 years 9 months ago #135