confused about cap 1

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: confused about cap 1

6 months! Depending on whats on your credit report (like high util or co's) I would wait longer becasue you know they are comming 3 pulls strong on ya!

Now thats a hot mess, thanks for the heads up Meya
15 years 9 months ago #106

Replied by Meya on topic Re: confused about cap 1

6 months! Depending on whats on your credit report (like high util or co's) I would wait longer becasue you know they are comming 3 pulls strong on ya!
:confused:
15 years 9 months ago #107

I am posting this again (I know repeat) post. How long do I have to wait to apply for another Cap1 card?
15 years 9 months ago #108

Replied by Meya on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Well I know I have given them well over a $8k business transaction, but I can't say that much for the interest. :laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #109

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Keys, that's true. Lenders don't like to give you CLI's when you are not using their card and bringing them business.
15 years 9 months ago #110

Replied by keys on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Capital One will always give you CLI's as long as your making your payments on-time and never going over the limit.

When I got my last cli, the rep said that they also like to see you using the card regularly.
15 years 9 months ago #111

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: confused about cap 1

RivasGlo, thats great. I am hoping to have my Cap 1 paid off in a couple of months. I won't call them to ask for a cli until around Nov. then tell them I would like an increase to shop for christmas.

Im sure that'll work!!!!!!!! :cool: :cheesing: I cant wait for xmas... All this talking is making me wanna go shopping!
15 years 9 months ago #112

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

RivasGlo, thats great. I am hoping to have my Cap 1 paid off in a couple of months. I won't call them to ask for a cli until around Nov. then tell them I would like an increase to shop for christmas.
15 years 9 months ago #113

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I've always carried a balance and make about one purchase a month and just made the min. payment.

Thats how I was w/ my Chase Flexible Rewards... I carried a balance of bout $800 for the longest out of a CL of $1300 (yeah I know high utilization) but I would pay like $300-400 bucks each month but I would purchase alot too... so then on my next stmt it was a bal of like 600-700 and so forth... But when I paid it off in full... and didnt use it for one month and it reported a zero balance... I was offered the Chase Freedom w/ a CL of $5500 and I got an autoCLI of $300 on my Flexible Rewards... :cool:
15 years 9 months ago #114

How long do I have to wait if I want to apply for another Cap1 Card?
15 years 9 months ago #115

Yeah Rob just bring that utilization down and Cap1 should show you some love

KMoney, thanks for the encoragement. Since I have had my cards, I've always been on time and usually pay more than the min. I hope they show some love:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #116

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Capital One will always give you CLI's as long as your making your payments on-time and never going over the limit.
15 years 9 months ago #117

Hello all, this just maybe the reason I can't get a cli from Cap 1. I have been carrying a balance too of about 60%. I am going to pay it off in the next couple of months and see what happens. Thanks everyone. I learn something new everyday

Yeah Rob just bring that utilization down and Cap1 should show you some love
15 years 9 months ago #118

Replied by MaryM on topic Re: confused about cap 1

On your CapOne card, have you always carried a balance? Making new purchases and making payments? Or just making payments... I ask because I notice that when you pay of a CC in full and let it report a zero balance for a month or so, it can increase the chances of getting a CLI.

This has happened on 3 of my CC's... on two of my CC's, I PIF and when it reported a zero balance I got an auto CLI and on the other one I PIF and requested a CLI and it was given to me, when it had been denied the month before...

I've always carried a balance and make about one purchase a month and just made the min. payment.
15 years 9 months ago #119

This may be the reason they have not granted you a CLI. Rivasglo I believe said it best. If you PIF and keep your utilization low then Cap1 will have no problem granting you your CLI

Hello all, this just maybe the reason I can't get a cli from Cap 1. I have been carrying a balance too of about 60%. I am going to pay it off in the next couple of months and see what happens. Thanks everyone. I learn something new everyday.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #120