First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

Replied by charonh on topic Re: First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

Thanks for clearing it up for me. I wonder why BoA has this card as some top secret operation.

Me, too. You can't find any information regarding it online (except here).
15 years 5 months ago #1

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

BOA denied me for a secured card, I even opted to fund the account with
$1000.00 dolalrs

Do you belong to a bank or credit union? Wells Fargo has secured cc also citi has a secured cc. If you belong to a cu, go to them and discuss the possibilty of opening a secured cc. Most cu's are a bit more lenient (sp?) than banks. One reason is that cu's haven't run into the financial mess that a lot of banks have. The fact that they are member owned usually means they are more willing to work with you as an individual.
15 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

I have heard of secured cards being denied, so please don't be discouraged. We got some tricks for you:cool: someone will open up. I will wait til you answer hjm question because that is really important right now.
15 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

Izach30, have you applied for a Capital One card?
15 years 5 months ago #4

Replied by Izach30 on topic Re: First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

That is why it is best to stay away from these types of cards. If no one else will accept you (that does not have the rediculous fees) then I would go to my local bank and get a secured card. Bofa has a cool secured card and so does cap1, they both will (in return) reverse your card over to an unsecured within 6 months to a year. It better to put money in your own pot than starting off in the hole.

BOA denied me for a secured card, I even opted to fund the account with
$1000.00 dolalrs
15 years 5 months ago #5

Yoyo, close your First Premier accounts after you're able to obtain better cards. Don't let them talk you into keeping them by telling you that helped you build credit and closing it will hurt your scores. Keeping your accounts open will hurt your pockets before it hurts your scores. :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #6

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

I have 0 balance w/ both of my cards with First Premier ... they only give 1 CLI per year...I'm going to keep both cards for about another year and then close them. :innocent:
15 years 5 months ago #7

MsKiwi, I agree.
15 years 5 months ago #8

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

Doesn't First Premier pull a hard inquiry on your report every time you ask them for a CLI? It's not worth it for a $50 CLI.

No hard inquiry and I got a $150 cli. I'm not going to complain as I'm not prime material yet. With the economy the way it is, I'm just going to sit for a bit. no apps until things settle down in the banking world.:scared:
15 years 5 months ago #9

Replied by Meya on topic Re: First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

:laugh: :laugh: :white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #10

No, they'll do use the usual excuse where they help you build your credit by reporting to all 3 bureaus. :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #11

Replied by kalel89 on topic Re: First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

thanks guys, ill call to cancel them. Maybe they will give me increase when i do that :)
15 years 5 months ago #12

Doesn't First Premier pull a hard inquiry on your report every time you ask them for a CLI? It's not worth it for a $50 CLI.
15 years 5 months ago #13

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

hey all, ive had first premier bank cards (two of them) and have never gotten any cli on them. I have them both paid off, what should i do with them? Just let them sit around? Any advice you got for me i would greatly appreciate.

Thanks

Try clicking on the request for a CLI on there website..
15 years 5 months ago #14

How long have you had the card for? Has it been longer than one year? If so, close them. Don't worry about losing points because they're not worth all those fees. You will gain those points back as long as you are making your payments on time on your other cards.
15 years 5 months ago #15