AMEX: Financial Reviews?

Replied by Adicus on topic Meya, FIB meaning (non-truthfull); to

Meya, FIB meaning (non-truthfull); to fib, to someone. :innocent:

I have the AMEX business platinum for years and I use them for emergencies only.
I consider them as my muscle when needed and that's it.

I dont agree with AMEX just handing out there cards like candy, especially to people just starting out with credit. No offense.

HJM keep the card, just use them as needed. After all, keep it for bragging rights.
We wouldn't want to think any less of you......... :innocent: Just kidding.
16 years 1 month ago #31

Replied by Meya on topic fib This is new, what

fib

This is new, what is short typing for FIB? :fun:
16 years 1 month ago #32
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic All these things to watch

All these things to watch out for about AMEX is making me sick and regretting applying for an AMEX! This is ridiculous, is this really the card I've dreamed about getting? What's all this hype for?

So can anyone convince me to keep this account open? I would like to keep it open but I don't know if I should with all these hassle pre-cautions.
16 years 1 month ago #33

Replied by defserv on topic Ive heard that you should

Ive heard that you should stay away from multiple payments with amex.. keep your balance real low and PIF!, my plan at least :)
16 years 1 month ago #34

Replied by Adicus on topic Maybe you have too much

Maybe you have too much activity going on. All new accounts are flagged. Did you fib on the yearly salary?
16 years 1 month ago #35
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic I didn't max it out

I didn't max it out and pay it once. I paid them 3 seperate times along the way of charging the $980.
16 years 1 month ago #36

Replied by Adicus on topic AMEX is not the kind

AMEX is not the kind of card you want to have almost maxed out especially at $1k.
16 years 1 month ago #37
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic I will probably end up

I will probably end up closing this account. My only hopes of keeping my account open is to shove my GOLDEN payment history into their behinds and if that doesn't work, bye bye AMEX.
16 years 1 month ago #38

Replied by defserv on topic I was recently approved for

I was recently approved for amex as well hjm, Curious if I will get the same treatment.. problem is.. I put down HHI (me and the gf) and they demand tax info.. dont know how that will turn out.. guess we'll see when the time comes. goodluck!
16 years 1 month ago #39

Replied by Meya on topic I have heard this from

I have heard this from several of other peoples in other credit forums. They will ask for a tax return from you and I heard that barclays bank do the same.
:scared: :scared: :scared:

16 years 1 month ago #40
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by hjm331

I just got a call from an AMEX Financial Review CSR and told me that they wanted me to fax them to my tax returns to determine that if I can pay my charges back.

Well, I did charge about $980 on my card this billing cycle and I did it pay it off in full on Monday so I don't know what they're looking for.

I will be calling them to embarrass them by asking them if this is the way they scare away their good paying customers, they shall have more people filing BK on them. If that's what they're trying to achieve, then they're doing a good job.

I haven't had the card for a full month now and I'm already being reviewed. Anyone else have a similar experience they would like to share?
16 years 1 month ago #41