Credit One is Tripping

• eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic I can believe it Meya...I

I can believe it Meya...I had Credit One from Aug 2003 until Dec 2007...I had them when they were the First Bank of Marin lol...I got sick of the fees...They gave me a CL of $260 when I first got the card...$260!!! what kind of credit line is that...not $250 but $260...I had the card for over a year and asked for a CLI...I ended up doing the $100 for $30 which I was upset about so I never asked for another CLI...They would automatically give me $150 CLI's at a time...usually once a year. When I closed the account after having them for 4 years...I had a CL of $760...Meya listen to your Credit one card when its saying..."We are trying to rip you off" and close them when you get a chance...I probably would have kept the card open if it wasnt for the monthly fees they charge.
16 years 1 week ago #16
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic these companies do not research

these companies do not research who they are sending to

They know who they are sending them to. Soft inquiries tell them exactly who to look for and when you apply for anything (especially subprimed cards) that is where they find you also. Oh wait a minute, let's not forget that the 3 cb's give up some info on you also.
16 years 1 month ago #17

Replied by Attagirl on topic Attagirl, people dont "Have" to

Attagirl, people dont "Have" to go to anyone. They can sit back and clear up their report or go to others that do not charge outrageous fees, like Orchard, Capital 1, Barclays bank...etc!

You are right they do not have to go to anyone. But to be honest, they need to evaluate why they have had to go to those and even the ones you have mentioned to begin with.

No can deny that all these companies prey upon people struggling with credit including the ones you have mentioned. My son gets credit card offers all the time because these companies do not research who they are sending to. My son has never had credit nor applied for it he is only 14.
16 years 1 month ago #18
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Attagirl, people dont "Have" to

Attagirl, people dont "Have" to go to anyone. They can sit back and clear up their report or go to others that do not charge outrageous fees, like Orchard, Capital 1, Barclays bank...etc!
16 years 1 month ago #19

Replied by Attagirl on topic I guess the moral of

I guess the moral of the story is in hard times do not settle for their fees. They already charge way to many fees anyway. They prey on people with fair to bad credit and this is why the people have to go to them to begin with.
16 years 1 month ago #20
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Ankle just broke, why did't

Ankle just broke, why did't you aske me to do that yesterday?
:fun:
16 years 1 month ago #21

Replied by hjm331 on topic Do the CLI Crip Walk!!

Do the CLI Crip Walk!! :cheesing:
16 years 1 month ago #22
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Credit One gave me a

Credit One gave me a $150 cli today (or probably yesterday). I guess they see that I did not fall for the okkie doke so they just gratend it to me. Just in case they think they are slick, I looked at my statement which went in today and made sure they did not throw that first offer in that I rejected ($100 cli for $30). It was in the clear. Now I am about to call them and double check. I got my eyes on you Credit One, you don't know who you are messing with.........I am a FG member here, and I got family where we will possee all up innnnn ya!

<Meya is backing up slowly and popping shirt colar>.......Now, just mess with me...........I wish you woooouuld, come on Credit One, I ain't scuuured of you.
:fun:
16 years 1 month ago #23

Replied by jnjsarauer on topic So these charges for credit

So these charges for credit limit increases are probably going to become the norm? I hadn't ever heard of a charge for requested increases until I read another post a few days back. I understand the companies want to make money, but good grief!
16 years 2 months ago #24
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Say it again lil bro!

Say it again lil bro!
16 years 2 months ago #25

Replied by hjm331 on topic Top Tier Cards, here we

Top Tier Cards, here we come!
16 years 2 months ago #26
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic those cards are only stepping

those cards are only stepping stones, not pathways.

You could have never said it any better!

Yes they just tried to get me for $200 cli for $50. They have lost their minds and I have been with them for over 4 years.
:upset:
16 years 2 months ago #27

Replied by Adicus on topic Orchard Bank tried pulling that

Orchard Bank tried pulling that same stunt with me. I have had them for 10 months and I will close them before year one hits. $100 for $15......Does that even make sense. I have to catch myself sometimes, I can easily flip the script. After all, those cards are only stepping stones, not pathways.
16 years 2 months ago #28
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by Meya

Well guess what? I called credit one to ask for a limit increase. I first requested it through the automated machine and it said "Congrats, you have been approved for a $100 cli for a charge of $30 What the.... so I called right back and talked to a cs rep. I told her whats going on with the cli's and you charging $30 for it? You guys just gave me a cli nearly 6 months for $200 ago and did not charge me a dime.

Well she was poping gum and told me, "We review accounts on a periodic basis and I will check to see if you qualify.....blah blah blah!" Then she puts me on hold, come back and say, "Maam, I see you are qualified for a $100 cli for $30 at this time, once I accept you can not reject this offer, would you.........HECK NO! (I INTERRUPTED!) DO I LOOK OR SOUND STUPID TO YOU? This is worse than an illegal drug sale that's 70/30. I am not that desperate for cli's.

Then she says maam, I am sorry that you fell that way, but this is what we are offering all card members at this time. I was like, yeah, I know you all probably took a loss through the economy issues or intr hikes, but you are not going to sucker me into paying for your loss. Try the next person....SLAMMM!

DON'T DO IT MEMBERS, IF YOU HAVE THIS CARD, IT IS NOT WORTH THE CLI. If you think I am joking call and see for yourself and then put your results here.
16 years 2 months ago #29