Target Guest Card

• patrick12
  • patrick12's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Target Guest Card

JP Morgan Chase Bank N.A. holds a portion of Targets credit card portfolio, Target National Bank still services and underwrites all of their credit cards, similar to Kohl's really, Target had really exposed themselves to alot of chargeoffs back in 2007 and 2008, also around the same time Chase and Target signed their agreement, around the same time that Target discontinued their Visa program as well. Im sure by Chase assuming some of the risk, that in its self helped Target get alot of bad debt off of their books! Anytime you offer a Visa card to your store charge program you are obviously opening yourself up to more risk.
12 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Target Guest Card

Was the Target credit profile sold though? I think I remember reading that either Chase or Capital One owns the profile now.

Anyone able to confer?
12 years 3 months ago #2

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Target Guest Card

I wanted to share a recent experince with you guys, back in July of 2002 I filed a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and Retailers National Bank, now Target National Bank was included in that. I had tried numerous times in the past during rebuilding to get back in their good graces, my last attempt landed me a Target Check Card, which was fine, its linked to my checking account and it saves me 5% everytime I shop there. Well here recently back in November during the begining stages of my christmas shopping I decided to try my luck once again and see if I could obtain a second Target credit card. This time instead of going to guest services and applying, I decided I was going to fill up my cart and apply at check out, the cashier rings up my purchases, and before he could even offer, I told him I was interested in applying for a Target Red Card, no problem, he scans my drivers licence and I enter in all my other personal information into the pin pad, I figured at this point I have had the Target debit card for 2 years and this time I was making purchases, after I verified my information, I signed my name and hit submit, within 15 seconds I was instantly approved for a Target Red Card with a limit of $300.00, my APR is 22.99% which is fine with me because I never carry a balance any ways! So, the point of this story is Target doesnt seem to black list for life, or atleast in my case they didnt. They pulled TransUnion and my score was 708, I was in shock and very grateful all at the same time! I definately want to use this card and pay in full, increases on this card can be very generous!

Target Guest Card. Hmm... can I come along as your guest? Kind of catchy!
12 years 3 months ago #3
  • patrick12
  • patrick12's Avatar Topic Author

was created by patrick12

I wanted to share a recent experince with you guys, back in July of 2002 I filed a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and Retailers National Bank, now Target National Bank was included in that. I had tried numerous times in the past during rebuilding to get back in their good graces, my last attempt landed me a Target Check Card, which was fine, its linked to my checking account and it saves me 5% everytime I shop there. Well here recently back in November during the begining stages of my christmas shopping I decided to try my luck once again and see if I could obtain a second Target credit card. This time instead of going to guest services and applying, I decided I was going to fill up my cart and apply at check out, the cashier rings up my purchases, and before he could even offer, I told him I was interested in applying for a Target Red Card, no problem, he scans my drivers licence and I enter in all my other personal information into the pin pad, I figured at this point I have had the Target debit card for 2 years and this time I was making purchases, after I verified my information, I signed my name and hit submit, within 15 seconds I was instantly approved for a Target Red Card with a limit of $300.00, my APR is 22.99% which is fine with me because I never carry a balance any ways! So, the point of this story is Target doesnt seem to black list for life, or atleast in my case they didnt. They pulled TransUnion and my score was 708, I was in shock and very grateful all at the same time! I definately want to use this card and pay in full, increases on this card can be very generous!
12 years 3 months ago #4