If you have American Express READ THIS

Replied by cireone on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

I have an AmEx and yeah, you can have bragging rights to having one, but after being screwed over by them I dont even recommend it to anyone looking for a credit card regardless if they qualify for it or not.
15 years 9 months ago #31

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

I carry 2 Visa's, 1 MC, and an AMEX in my wallet. Having an AMEX isn't all that great.
15 years 9 months ago #32

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

After all that I have read here, I don't think I want an AMEX card. I could probably apply and get the green card but I think the af is too high and with them dropping peoples cl I don't like surprises like that. Also, a lot of places won't take it. I think I'll stick with visa or mastercard.
15 years 9 months ago #33

It's true, AMEX and Discover charge higher fees for processing. At my father's shop, we only accept Visa and Mastercard and when customers get upset as to why we don't accept AMEX, we tell them that it costs a lot more to accept AMEX cards and we don't even have that many customers who try to use an AMEX card to make a purchase with us.
15 years 9 months ago #34

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

A small business owner who came through my job told me that AmEx and Discover charge a much higher processing fee than Visa and Mastercard, and she explained that a lot of businesses do not want to deal with all the hassles. I do'nt know if its exactly true but it would be a good reason.

That is true their processing fees are very high.
15 years 9 months ago #35

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

I believe it. Where I live Discover is accepted just about everywhere.
15 years 9 months ago #36

Replied by cireone on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

A small business owner who came through my job told me that AmEx and Discover charge a much higher processing fee than Visa and Mastercard, and she explained that a lot of businesses do not want to deal with all the hassles. I do'nt know if its exactly true but it would be a good reason.
15 years 9 months ago #37

AMEX is accepted in more places than Discover, can you believe that?
15 years 9 months ago #38

Replied by Meya on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

That is so true, I rarely see it!:confused:
15 years 9 months ago #39

If only Discover was accepted everywhere! lol
15 years 9 months ago #40

I have found that the CS is better. Amex CS is good, but not like Discover. I had a few things that I didn't understand and the lady I talked to was very patient with me and didn't treat me like an idiot.
15 years 9 months ago #41

Is their CS better than AMEX?
15 years 9 months ago #42

I'm really not interested on getting a credit line increase from them any time soon. I want to let Discover age and get my balance down. The only thing that I have heard as well, is that they are a little stingy with the CLI's.
15 years 9 months ago #43

Replied by Meya on topic Re: If you have American Express READ THIS

Well put the rumors on them because I have not heard anything about them. Only from Eldarwen. Here is a link for it to go into
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=789&highlight=discover
15 years 9 months ago #44

I heard they were stingy with CLI's.
15 years 9 months ago #45