If you have American Express READ THIS

Replied by Meya on topic A drop in your score

A drop in your score or high utilization

Do these banks realize that scores drops on a daily basis regardless to if you did something or not? Do they realize that one day you just might decide to purchase a big screen tv? Isnt this is what credit is for? geesh, if that is the case, then credit cards should not exists. amEx should be ashamed of themselvs because they are the ones who initially started all of this credit crap!
:fun:
16 years 2 months ago #151
  • porgy1000
  • porgy1000's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Citibank is known to lower

Citibank is known to lower credit lines. A drop in your score or high utilization of credit and they will lower you down to zero.
16 years 2 months ago #152

Replied by hjm331 on topic Has Citibank lowered any CL's

Has Citibank lowered any CL's as of right now?

The only bank I trust is BofA that's why I used my card there. My dad has had a checking account with them for about 25 years now and he has tried other banks, but no one can hold up to BofA. Don't hate them if they raise their interest rates, ANY BANK will do that. That is exactly why I pay i full every month and this isn't a problem for me. If you are looking to carry a balance, don't try to pay that large purchase for a long term. Split up the cost into 3 parts and pay big every month. This is only for people that want to make big purchases over $1k.
16 years 2 months ago #153
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Banks offer you money and

Banks offer you money and credit at low rates when you do NOT need money.

When you do need money the rates are high and credit is hard to get.

Someday I may figure this all out LOL but I doubt it. Citibank called today and offered me $25,000 at 8%. I told her that I would lend Citibank $25,000 for 8% and she hung up on me LOL. Banks, go figure
16 years 2 months ago #154
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic In all the years I

In all the years I have been talking to people. I have NEVER heard of B of A lowering a credit line, I have heard that they will raise interest rates. I think you are safe when it comes to BofA lowering credit lines. I also checked on the internet and there is NO known cases of BofA lowering anyones credit line :cheesing:
16 years 2 months ago #155

Replied by liowkc on topic It is actually a very

It is actually a very natural development arising from the subprime crisis.

Banks are greedy to offer you high-interest credit but smart enough not too offer too much in case of default.
16 years 2 months ago #156

Replied by hjm331 on topic I am going to use

I am going to use my AMEX for large purchases so I can keep track of what's going on.

I will use my Bank of America Platinum Plus Visa for everything else.

Have there been any cases reported that BofA has decreased CL's just to protect themselves?
16 years 2 months ago #157
  • porgy1000

was created by porgy1000

Here is a link to what everyone can expect from American Express. It has never happened to me YET but I have heard of many others having horror stories with American Experss.

http://www.smartmoney.com/consumer/index.cfm?story=20070726
16 years 2 months ago #158