Macy's Credit Reporting

Replied by coolkidny on topic Re: Macy's Credit Reporting

I checked my Macy's statement today and it states "Effective beginning with your July statement, your Macy's store account will be managed according to the credit limit that appears on this statement." They gave me a $2600 credit limit, which is what it was before they stopped reporting a limit
12 years 6 days ago #1

Replied by classy75 on topic Re: Macy's Credit Reporting

TransUnion Classic 04/08 scores, or auto enhanced, Equifax Beacon 5.0 score also auto enhanced or Equifax Pinnacle 2.0 scores, Alliant or Pen-Fed use Pinnacle scores, and there is also Experian Classic Fico Ver II as well, there are so many different scoring models on the market depending on the products being sold, but the examples above are the most common scoring models used.

Thanks for the car info. Which score do you find to be more accurate, Walmart FICO, Credit Sesame, or Credit Karma? I am fairly new here and I am trying to rebuild. My Walmart score went from 611 to 629 since last month. However, the other scores are not as good as Walmart's. Just wondering.... Thanks.
12 years 1 week ago #2
  • patrick12
  • patrick12's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Macy's Credit Reporting

TransUnion Classic 04/08 scores, or auto enhanced, Equifax Beacon 5.0 score also auto enhanced or Equifax Pinnacle 2.0 scores, Alliant or Pen-Fed use Pinnacle scores, and there is also Experian Classic Fico Ver II as well, there are so many different scoring models on the market depending on the products being sold, but the examples above are the most common scoring models used.
12 years 1 week ago #3

Replied by classy75 on topic Re: Macy's Credit Reporting

Called today to check with Macy's about my new credit limit, its $5,000 for clothing and $5,000 for furniture! As of this month credit limits to report!! Check your statements this month, CSR said they should start reporting!!!

Good for you! A little off topic, but I saw somewhere on the board where you discussed the different credit scores (Walmart, Credit Karma, etc.) Which score is more accurate? Also, do you know which score lenders tend to use when one applies for a car loan?
Your help would be kindly appreciated.
12 years 1 week ago #4
  • patrick12

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Macy's Credit Reporting

Called today to check with Macy's about my new credit limit, its $5,000 for clothing and $5,000 for furniture! As of this month credit limits to report!! Check your statements this month, CSR said they should start reporting!!!
12 years 1 week ago #5

Replied by coolkidny on topic Re: Macy's Credit Reporting

They are now saying that a limit should appear on your first statement after March 27th
12 years 2 weeks ago #6

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Macy's Credit Reporting

A few years ago, everyone was calling Macy's credit services and requesting a CLI as a way to improve their credit score, not to buy stuff from Macy's. As a result, Macy's stopped reporting CL's.
12 years 1 month ago #7

Replied by wundergov2b on topic Re: Macy's Credit Reporting

This would have been great...except it's now March 2012 and still no credit limits reported. I just spoke with Macy's card services and they said it was indeed supposed to have been February 2012 that they were to begin reporting limits, but now he says he doesn't know when that will happen. But he did say "soon". So we'll all continue to wait with bated breath.
12 years 1 month ago #8

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Macy's Credit Reporting

Wow, this is exciting.

Congrats on your increase.
12 years 3 months ago #9
  • patrick12

was created by patrick12

I have very exciting news for all us Macy's card holders! I have recieved confirmation from their automated system as well as from a customer service rep, starting in February of 2012 Macy's will start reporting credit limits again to all 3 major bureaus as well as reporting limits on our statements each month! Also as an added bonus they bumped my credit limit from $3,200 to $3600.00!!! I used it very heavily over the holidays and paid it in full, this is great news for all of us members who want to enhance our over all utilization and raise our scores!:thumbsup:
12 years 3 months ago #10