Now what?

Replied by Curry on topic What To Do Now

What you do now PS, if you haven't already, is learn how to be debt free. Owning credit cards doesn't mean you always have to be in debt.
7 years 10 months ago #16

Replied by FrankN on topic Next Steps

The question you should really ask yourself is what are your near term and long term financial goals? Based on those goals, you can define some next steps.
8 years 1 month ago #17

Replied by Cents on topic What now?

That's quite an accomplishment! In a situation like this, what you do next should directly relate to your income and your future goals. For example, if you want to buy a home or remodel your existing one, a mortgage or a home equity loan would be a good move.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Cents.
8 years 2 months ago #18

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Now what?

Congrats on rebuilding your credit, I am very happy to read this posting from those who has struggled in the past and overcome financial obstacles. Your story is quite different from what I have read in the past, but it is very important to all of us here. Since you have already established your credit and to the point where you do not know what to do, I would say stop of it and work on building history with the credit that you currently have. You have a very nice credit line altogether, so what you want to show the banks is how well you know how to manage it. Try not to carry high balances and bite off more than you can chew.
:relieved:

In your situation, it will be helpful to provide information on how you established your credit, how long it took, such as an estimated time-frame from one increase to the next per card, and if you have not already done so, go to the credit card database in this site and provide your ratings to the cards that you currently posses. Feel free to browse around different forums and add your input to members (trust me, there are many members who would love to hear from you). There are great threads in this site by members who currently have excellent credit and those who are in the "rebuilding stage", but I would like for you to take a look at an article that gives you an insight on what having too much credit can do to you (ie., is it a good or bad thing). One good thing that applies to you will be to stay on top of The Finance Globe Articles. The authors goes through extreme measures to provide members with up-to-date and real world credit resources. Regardless to the dates on the articles, just remember that the protocols for credit will always be the same.

Here is the link I mentioned in the second paragraph:
1. Do Too Many Credit Cards Hold Back Your Credit Score https://www.financeglobe.com/FN/content.php?649-Credit-Cards-And-Your-Credit-Score

2. Credit Card Reviews https://www.financeglobe.com/FN/Credit-Card-Reviews.php

Hope this helps!:cheesing:
12 years 4 months ago #19
  • PhynanciallySavvy
  • PhynanciallySavvy's Avatar Topic Author

was created by PhynanciallySavvy

I've spent the last six years repairing the fiscally irresponsible mistakes from my youth... Educating myself on repairing, how-to, the laws, etc.

After much work and a lot of patience, it has paid off. I am now very credit worthy, credit savvy and have achieved over $40K of revolving credit - though three of my (biggest) CC's have no preset spending limits.

I have finally reached the point where I want to be (credit wise), so what do I do now?
12 years 4 months ago #20