New Cards Added

Replied by qchau on topic Re: New Cards Added

Yeah that Black Card is a marketing ploy. If it is available to only 1% of the population, then why advertise it? You don't see Amex going around advertising their Centurian Card.

The sad thing is how many of my fellow foolish American's have been suckered into that card. We are like cats, we see something shiny and we have to have it.

re: black visa card / colonative

if your scores under 810 (lowest) - then forget it - my mom has 805, 795 & 800 with no debts, but still got DECLINE for black visa card this month (July 2009) - there are rarely Americans who can get approved for this credit card -

i lowest scores is 700, but it gonna take me years to qualify for this black visa card - that why i never DREAM to have this credit card in my pocket.
14 years 8 months ago #16

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: New Cards Added

I thought I'd seen them all but after visiting a website dedicated to different types of credit cards, I've never seen so many types of reward cards and there are literally tons of them out there and i mean tons of them out there from many different financial institutions. I got tired of looking at them and i was not even one third of the way through. lol:relieved:
14 years 8 months ago #17

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: New Cards Added

Also found out Elan Financial is owned by US Bank. I thought that was interesting!

Wow, you are right, I did not know that. Hmmmm. https://ebs.elanfinancialservices.com/

US Bank does hide behind different names sometimes, like the Lexus FSB and Toyota Visa card are really US Bank but you have to look hard to find that out.
14 years 8 months ago #18

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: New Cards Added

Also found out Elan Financial is owned by US Bank. I thought that was interesting!
14 years 8 months ago #19

Rambling? No, not one bit, I am glad to hear your input, it let's me know that I am not going crazy. You are correct about signing up with CU's (and it being easier than before), because I just walked up to the both in a mall and they had my package here less than one week or two. They even put $25 into my checking and $5 into a savings. I also have no fees and no min balance because I am using direct deposit. But hear this, you don't actually need direct deposit, you can just do a money transfer from any bank you choose at least once per month, and that will qualify for no fee also.

I have heard of someone getting a CU cc without being a member, and nothing attached, but you know how it is when the Ole saying comes about, "Don't believe in 1/2 of what you see and none of what you hear!" Thanks!

Can't beat free money! (and better rates).
14 years 9 months ago #20

I have an interesting story about cu. I've never done business with a credit union before. Towards the end of 2008 a preapproval letter from them to apply for their card. Which is managed by elan financial. It had a really good BT offer and low rate. so I applied for the card online. I wasn't approved so I just forgot about it. Then they send me a letter in the mail saying they need to verify info. So I call and they said that it was for security purposes to make sure I was who I was. Well I put the phone down thinking that was odd. Two weeks later they do the same thing another letter. I called them again to find out what is going on. They tell me the same thing this time. I TOLD THEM NOT TO CONTACT ME AGAIN! I never heard of a bank you haven't done business before to act like this. I've never been treated so badly and cs is rude.

Yup, some of the smaller credit unions outsource their cards to First National Bank Omaha, BofA and of course, Elan. I don't understand this to be honest. Why would you want a credit union card issued by an outside company. Kind of defeats the purpose. Glad you didnt end up getting that card.
14 years 9 months ago #21

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: New Cards Added

I have an interesting story about cu. I've never done business with a credit union before. Towards the end of 2008 a preapproval letter from them to apply for their card. Which is managed by elan financial. It had a really good BT offer and low rate. so I applied for the card online. I wasn't approved so I just forgot about it. Then they send me a letter in the mail saying they need to verify info. So I call and they said that it was for security purposes to make sure I was who I was. Well I put the phone down thinking that was odd. Two weeks later they do the same thing another letter. I called them again to find out what is going on. They tell me the same thing this time. I TOLD THEM NOT TO CONTACT ME AGAIN! I never heard of a bank you haven't done business before to act like this. I've never been treated so badly and cs is rude.
14 years 9 months ago #22
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: New Cards Added

Rambling? No, not one bit, I am glad to hear your input, it let's me know that I am not going crazy. You are correct about signing up with CU's (and it being easier than before), because I just walked up to the both in a mall and they had my package here less than one week or two. They even put $25 into my checking and $5 into a savings. I also have no fees and no min balance because I am using direct deposit. But hear this, you don't actually need direct deposit, you can just do a money transfer from any bank you choose at least once per month, and that will qualify for no fee also.

I have heard of someone getting a CU cc without being a member, and nothing attached, but you know how it is when the Ole saying comes about, "Don't believe in 1/2 of what you see and none of what you hear!" Thanks! :cool:
14 years 9 months ago #23

Ok, well since it seems like we both have no valid proof, I think we should wait until the site own answers this question. At least we will know the real reason why. I am fairly new about the CU cc's, and just joined about a couple of weeks ago.

Typically you would have to be a member but there are exceptions. I would say that it would be easier to find a three-legged ballerina then a CU that allows anybody to apply for a card without being a member.

I have only found one that will.

Point being though, is that it is so easy to join a CU these days, almost all of them have opened up their membership. In fact, that is why so many CU's have ridiculous names, because they don't want people to think that they have to work for a company or go to a school just to join. Like Hughes Aircraft FCU changed to Kinecta, what the heck does that mean? Anyway, rambling again.....:white-flag:
14 years 9 months ago #24

I thought they like advertising too, but they turn right around and have sites to not display their cards. We went from over 600 cards in the database to 391. This is regular banks that asked to be removed. But, now I have a question, I was thinking the same thing you just mentioned about being a CU member for a CU credit card, but if my brain is correct, I have heard of peoples being approved for CU cards without joining. Correct me if I am wrong

You are right in some cases Meya. One of my credit unions, Security Service FCU allows everybody to apply for a credit card (8.9%). My sister got a car loan through them 12/07 and she was not a member.
14 years 9 months ago #25
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Ok, well since it seems like we both have no valid proof, I think we should wait until the site own answers this question. At least we will know the real reason why. I am fairly new about the CU cc's, and just joined about a couple of weeks ago.
14 years 9 months ago #26

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: New Cards Added

I think you're wrong. I vaguely remember reading about 1 such CU, but after approval for CC they still required to join CU.
14 years 9 months ago #27
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I thought they like advertising too, but they turn right around and have sites to not display their cards. We went from over 600 cards in the database to 391. This is regular banks that asked to be removed. But, now I have a question, I was thinking the same thing you just mentioned about being a CU member for a CU credit card, but if my brain is correct, I have heard of peoples being approved for CU cards without joining. Correct me if I am wrong.:worried:
14 years 9 months ago #28

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: New Cards Added

Sorry, Meya, but does not sound convincing. Every business likes advertisement. What intresting is that I have never come across web site which offers credit cards and offers CU cards.

Maybe reason is that to qualify for CU card person first of all must be member of CU.
14 years 9 months ago #29
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Good Question! IMO, I believe that since they are private banks, they do not like for their cards to be advertised. This is just my opinion, I will wait till we hear that from the site administrator. :worried: :confused:
14 years 9 months ago #30