Bank of America Visa Signature Card

• eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Eric, how long do you

Eric, how long do you think I should wait before I try upgrading my student platinum plus visa? 1 year?

Minimum a year...probably 2-3 years for the AMEX upgrade.
16 years 2 months ago #31

Replied by hjm331 on topic Eric, how long do you

Eric, how long do you think I should wait before I try upgrading my student platinum plus visa? 1 year?
16 years 2 months ago #32
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Actually Porgy...the AMEX accolades is

Actually Porgy...the AMEX accolades is the best
16 years 2 months ago #33

Replied by hjm331 on topic I'll check it out right

I'll check it out right now.
16 years 2 months ago #34

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Yes, I called and asked

Yes, I called and asked them. They said they will only report a SIGNATURE cards outstanding balance as the credit limit. I have pages of info on this in the credit card reviews on this site for that card.
16 years 2 months ago #35

Replied by hjm331 on topic Porgy, did you try asking

Porgy, did you try asking them if they can report your credit limit to the CB's or else they would be losing a great customer since you would be closing your account with them?
16 years 2 months ago #36

Replied by porgy1000 on topic I didnt like the BofA

I didnt like the BofA visa signature card at all. It reports to the credit bureaus your current balance as your line of credit, therefore showing you as MAXED out at the bureaus which lower your score. I closed mine last month and my credit scores went from 777 to 809. It was NOT a good card from a reporting stand point.

As far as the American Experss Black Card. Well I went and applied for it after what I saw on here. They issued me a card with no pre set spending limit, however, on my credit report is states CREDIT LINE $75,000. So if I spend $15,000 it will NOT show as a maxed out line unlike the Bank of America Signature card.

Your credit scores are your best asset, any card that will lower your score your just better off dumping :fun: :cheesing: :cool:
16 years 2 months ago #37

Replied by hjm331 on topic Eric, that is exactly what

Eric, that is exactly what I told everyone else about the BofA Visa Signature card. It just helps you create a good impression of the person you show the card to.
16 years 2 months ago #38
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Well there really is no

Well there really is no difference in these cards...alot of these are just pretiges by the name "signature" or "world" cards. You hand anyone that knows a thing about credit cards and they see you paying for something with a signature visa, they think WOW this guy has it together. Only 4% of Visa's are signature cards.

also this is directly from bofa:

No-preset spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Bank of America will allow customers with no pre-set spending limit accounts to exceed their credit limit without an over-limit fee.

Every charge in excess of the established credit limit that shows on an account is reviewed as it is presented and although the bank makes every effort to approve the transaction, there are cases when they will be declined.

The cards that we have the "no pre-set spending"

World Mastercard
Amex Black
Visa Signature
Quantum
AMEX accolades :laugh:
16 years 2 months ago #39

Replied by hjm331 on topic smcc, from my own observation,

smcc, from my own observation, there's not really that much of a difference. You have to have great credit in order to get approved for Bank of America cards. It's just that some of the cards have promotional offers such as $50 statement credits on your first statement and/or 0% intro apr for 12 billing cycles. It's better to research all this info on their website www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards
16 years 2 months ago #40
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Thanks HJM331 but what makes

Thanks HJM331 but what makes this card different than other Tier One Bank of America Cards? My Visa World Points Visa and now my BankAmericard afford me what you speak of?

I read the brief preview on this site and I just don't see the difference for the "Excellent Credit" required vs "good" credit for other cards offered by BOA.

16 years 2 months ago #41

Replied by hjm331 on topic smcc, the bank of america

smcc, the bank of america signature visa card doesn't have a pre set spending limit. When people hear that, they think you can spend it as much as you want and not having to worry about going over the limit. Some of is it true but let's say your credit limit is $1,000 and you make purchases that add up to $1,300. You won't get charged for going over the limit but you have the pay the difference between the amount you charged and your limit which in this case is $300. You have to pay the difference before the statment closing/before they report it to the CB's. Hope this helps.
16 years 2 months ago #42
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

I spoke recently to a Client Rep regarding upgrading my BankAmericard to a Visa Signature Card. I assumed the Visa Signature had no pre set spending limit. Wrong! I asked the rep what perks are associated with the Visa Signature card that aren't with their other Tier One Cards. She responded that the BankAmericard has a 1.5 to 1 reward points but the Visa Signature doesn't. My question to all of you is what makes this card so different than all the other Tier One cards BOA offers?
16 years 2 months ago #43