Bank of America Visa Signature Card

• smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Bank of America Visa Signature Card

Friend of mine lost his wallet. He was out of state working so he had to apply for a duplicate/temp license from his home state. He also cancelled/reapplyed for his picture credit cards. His home state sent him a duplicate/non picture license to use until he goes home and applies for a license with a picture on it. In the meantime he received his credit cards. His picture embedded credit card helps him tremendously because since most merchants want to see a picture ID (License) when using your cc, he gets around this with his picture cc. Doesn't work everywhere but he's doing ok until his job slows down and he can fly home.
14 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Bank of America Visa Signature Card

Hmm... the only place anybody will see my picture is at the postoffice (wanted)!:innocent:
14 years 8 months ago #2
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Boa Bankamericard Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card

FYI ...........BOA is offering a BANKAMERICARD CASH REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE CARD. Already have a BANKAMERICARD VISA SIGNATURE CARD and called them to see if this new card is a better deal than the original. Its not. For every $100 spent you get 1 point vs 1.5 points for every dollar spent with the original. It does have 1% cash back but that will depend on your spending habit with the card to make the 1% worthwhile. If you have the original, keep it, if your going to apply, apply for the original vs the new offer even cs said you will come out ahead.........
14 years 9 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Your Credit Status / Credit Pulls

They haven't sent me a new card. I still have the WAMU card. Whenever I login to Chase.com it says that I have the Perfect card. Chase is funny....

That's how it was with me.
15 years 2 weeks ago #4
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Your Credit Status / Credit Pulls

My BankAmericard was upgraded to a Visa Signature. I got the letter in December 08. I got the card in Feb 09. Three months for an upgrade but like I said earlier, when I applied for the other, it took a month...........
15 years 2 weeks ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Your Credit Status / Credit Pulls

Yeah, you rarely hear them hand out instant approvals nowadays.
15 years 2 weeks ago #6
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Your Credit Status / Credit Pulls

The approval process for a Visa Signature with BOA takes 1 month.
15 years 2 weeks ago #7

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Your Credit Status / Credit Pulls

I think they are dissecting our backgrounds, or is filled up to the rim with applicants. Someone on another credit site was saying that they was calling in through the automated number, calling in to speak with a rep to check on status, and was receiving the same message for about one month before they found out they were denied. That's crazy. But I think Discover did me like that if I can recall.

Discover gave me an instant approval last year. I was happy. I had been wanting that card for a while.
15 years 2 weeks ago #8

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Bank of America Visa Signature Card

Colonative, same card, same everything. Just Visa Signature written across card. Can't understand it. Now when I use it I have to show my Drivers License. Makes you wonder.....................

That is strange, maybe they use Dogbert's Random Policy Generator Machine to make up these rules.
15 years 2 months ago #9
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Colonative, same card, same everything. Just Visa Signature written across card. Can't understand it. Now when I use it I have to show my Drivers License. Makes you wonder......................:worried:
15 years 2 months ago #10

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Bank of America Visa Signature Card

Unbelievable ! You know they won't put my picture on my BankAmericard Visa Signature ! This card doesn't have that perk. But they will put my picture on my other Visa Signature. You have got to be kidding me, right ?

Is the BankAmericard clear? If it is clear, maybe that is why they cannot put a photo on the card.
15 years 2 months ago #11
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Unbelievable ! You know they won't put my picture on my BankAmericard Visa Signature ! This card doesn't have that perk. But they will put my picture on my other Visa Signature. You have got to be kidding me, right ? :upset:
15 years 2 months ago #12

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Bank of America Visa Signature Card

Yeah, I agree. The rewards are a lot better on the Americard than the Visa Signature.
15 years 3 months ago #13
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

That's my thought hjm331. I would make the BankAmericard the one Visa Signature card to keep because of the 1.5 to 1 ratio on points.
15 years 3 months ago #14

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Bank of America Visa Signature Card

I'd just combine both accounts and keep the Americard credit card because that would help your score more since it is a revolving account. Revolving accounts count for about 30 percent of your FICO scores if not 35 percent.
15 years 3 months ago #15