Vote your favorite card here!

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card of the Month

As of right now, I have no favorite card:laugh: Favorite cards means a horrible loss in my books! Nah, let me keep it real, I loooove my US Bank card, the rewards are great, Ive used them at Starbucks alot..lol
13 years 6 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Credit Card of the Month

The Chase Freedom is mainly focused on gas and home improvement purchases? None of which I do.

Chase Freedom for me has given me points/cash on everything I purchase with the card. Here is the information I work with:

My Chase Freedom Card has 15 categoires from:
Gas & Convenience Stores
Airlines
Dining/ Quick Service Restaurants
Utilities (Gas, Electric, etc.)
Drugstores
Cable/Satellite TV & Internet Providers
Office Supply Stores
Hotels/Lodging
Phone/Cell Phone Bills
Car Rentals
Gym Memberships
Quick Copy Services
Bookstores
Dry Cleaners
Local Commuting

Card usage for me is: drugs, gas, groceries, dining out, travel of all kinds (motels, hotels, airlines, car rental, trains, cruises and so on), home improvements, clothing, sporting events, special event tickets and I could go on... to include computers, printers, office supplies, toys, lawn and yard equipment along with paying my cable and cell bills (earn points of 1 to 3 per category per month). I don't have a clue where you got your information about Chase Cards?. The categories change once a month depending on my usage pattern of the previous month and I will put the card up against virtually any card on the market today. :cool: Aprs around 11.9% and no AF with CL $13.5K. It would be very hard for AX to top it with their cards today and acceptance is everywhere...! An added feature, I can change once a month between earning cash or points depending on what opportunity I might be able to leverage from my Chase account with out loss of cash or points in the conversion (show me a card that will let you do that?). Oh yeah, I charge my gym membership, purchase books, DVD's, CD's, pay utilities and pay property taxes and the like too.
13 years 6 months ago #2

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Credit Card of the Month

The Chase Freedom is mainly focused on gas and home improvement purchases? None of which I do. :worried: Your point about AMEX being accepted is good....................... I've got plenty of time to think about this. Hehe.
13 years 6 months ago #3

Good thing I don't fly very often! I just want a good cash back card, that I can be emotionally attached with, everything American Express creates this sense of accomplishment and the ability to be emotionally satisfied. When it comes down to it, all the cards are so similar now. Obviously I am young and new to this game... but I still see it. I'm either waiting until February to apply for my Blue Cash or will apply if I receive a pre-select offer. My problem with getting pre-selected on American Express' website is that my credit history is so young and hasn't been sold to competitors yet; my response is always along the lines of.. "We weren't able to find your credit report. This may because your new to credit" etc. etc.. No soft pulls have been placed on any of my credit reports from attempting to be pre-selected.

:cc: The Chase Freedom Card Visa/Mastercard with points or cash back no AF and good apr's is very tough to beat in today's card world. As smcc mentioned you get into blackout dates or not and the like, Chase Cards shine here too... Not to be forgotten, is that Visa/MC is everywhere. Understand the emotional piece but, today I look for the card that get's me the most. Chase has kicked me over $450+ dolllars cash and I will obtain more before year's end. Since the ambience of an American Express Card got diluted out (like many others) I look for bang for the buck. :moneybag: My interest in cash is it works everywhere and I am NOT restricted by anything like points expiration, more points to fly because the card company changed the rules and the like. Cash is king!
13 years 6 months ago #4

Not to mention Wanderer Blackout dates, no fly restrictions, etc.., AMEX has become one of many and not the exception. Come to think of it Wanderer, I am assuming AMEX is fighting just as hard as its competitors to keep its customer base since Chase now offers the same perks and no AF ( I'm assuming )

Good thing I don't fly very often! I just want a good cash back card, that I can be emotionally attached with, everything American Express creates this sense of accomplishment and the ability to be emotionally satisfied. When it comes down to it, all the cards are so similar now. Obviously I am young and new to this game... but I still see it. I'm either waiting until February to apply for my Blue Cash or will apply if I receive a pre-select offer. My problem with getting pre-selected on American Express' website is that my credit history is so young and hasn't been sold to competitors yet; my response is always along the lines of.. "We weren't able to find your credit report. This may because your new to credit" etc. etc.. No soft pulls have been placed on any of my credit reports from attempting to be pre-selected.
13 years 6 months ago #5

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Credit Card of the Month

Not to mention Wanderer Blackout dates, no fly restrictions, etc.., AMEX has become one of many and not the exception. Come to think of it Wanderer, I am assuming AMEX is fighting just as hard as its competitors to keep its customer base since Chase now offers the same perks and no AF ( I'm assuming )
13 years 6 months ago #6

I hear ya Finance Globe ! Too many competitors can match AMEX almost benefit to benefit, its not as prestigious as it used to be. They need something that will separate them from the pack. Hopefully the next card from them will open new doors in the credit card / charge card market.

:cc: You know when I had the American Express Optima Platinum Card and a $20K CL with great apr, it made me feel pretty special then the American Express Platinum Charge Card with special access and benefits when you travel...! Yeah...! But, much of that is gone now. Cocierge Service is with the World and Elite World Master Cards, Visa Signature Cards not to mention Bank of America Cards that offer "World Points" that often include the Conciege Services. Then add in the disappearing airport lounges and other benefits and you have to wonder where is that one really special card anymore...?
13 years 6 months ago #7

I hear ya Finance Globe ! Too many competitors can match AMEX almost benefit to benefit, its not as prestigious as it used to be. They need something that will separate them from the pack. Hopefully the next card from them will open new doors in the credit card / charge card market.........
13 years 6 months ago #8

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Credit Card of the Month

Nice choice on the Blue Cash this month Finance Globe! I can't wait to apply for it soon. Just waiting for some inquiries to fall off.

I wish AMEX had more cards so they could be on the homepage more often :fun:
13 years 6 months ago #9

How about the credit card of the month being the one in your wallet / purse that has a zero / credit balance

LOL! I actually left both my Capital One and Elan cards with $60 balances... But that's practically the same thing right??? :cool: My CU Visa is gonna report with a $100 balance because of my cell phone bill! Doesn't really matter though I'm still happy. :cheesing:
13 years 6 months ago #10

How about the credit card of the month being the one in your wallet / purse that has a zero / credit balance :cheesing: !
13 years 6 months ago #11

Nice choice on the Blue Cash this month Finance Globe! I can't wait to apply for it soon. Just waiting for some inquiries to fall off.
13 years 6 months ago #12

Replied by Joeyman on topic Credit Card of the Month

Use this thread to discuss the Credit Card of the Month!
13 years 6 months ago #13

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

Discover & Amex payments post the next business day. Not sure about the cut off time for Amex, but Discover's cut off is 5pm ET.

Ah, I was just asking because I usually make payments daily.
13 years 6 months ago #14

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

Discover & Amex payments post the next business day. Not sure about the cut off time for Amex, but Discover's cut off is 5pm ET.
13 years 6 months ago #15