Amex

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Amex

This is interesting Joeyman, call AMEX and see if your account has already been activated............. if your in no hurry for your card, then consider this note a waste of your time :cheesing: !
13 years 5 months ago #106

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Amex

asking a stupid question Joeyman, your account was already activated when this data was given to you ?

I assume. I was given the information right after my approval. I don't have access to my online account yet because I need the 4-Digit Card ID to create an online account. I don't really mind, I think it's nothing to be worried about. :confused:
13 years 5 months ago #107

asking a stupid question Joeyman, your account was already activated when this data was given to you ?
13 years 5 months ago #108

Not really sure...

Although, I already has something odd occurred with my American Express (and I haven't even received the card yet). They provided me with the card number, expiration date, and temporary CID number to encourage me to make an online purchase now. So I attempted and about five minutes after my order, to American Apparel online, I received an email saying they had trouble with my payment information and my order has been canceled. All the numbers were inputted correctly, as I had copied an pasted them. I just used an alternate payment method, but was surprised the system didn't work because American Express seemed so encouraging about me using my card now. :confused:
13 years 5 months ago #109

Okay Colonative, Wanderer, even you Joeyman (and by the way congrats ), answer this question, how and why does your spending ability with AMEX change from time to time with a Charge Card.

Example: One day AMEX will not approve anything over $10k, then two days later they will approve $10,100 ? Now realize my debt at any given time is a credit balance with AMEX and with my other cards. I make multiple payments over a 30 day period with AMEX and at any given time I carry a balance on one of 4 available cards and that balance being on my AMEX card and the balance of no more than $30. My thinking is they are doing a quick ck of all cards / balances and making a quick decision. Your opinions please..........
13 years 5 months ago #110

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Amex

Just got approved for the American Express Zync!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will submit a full credit card review shortly. OMG!@@@@ My first AMEX!!

Congrats! Which packs (if any) did you add?
13 years 5 months ago #111

Just got approved for the American Express Zync!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will submit a full credit card review shortly. OMG!@@@@ My first AMEX!!
13 years 5 months ago #112

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Amex Blue Cash Review

Joeyman I thought you wanted the Costco True Earnings card?

@ Colo - from a credit card review,

You're right I wanted the Costco AMEX, I changed my mind because I think the rewards with the Blue Cash are better for me. For instance, I don't drive anymore so earning rewards on gas would be impossible. I've just been doing better card comparisons. Wanderer has got me considering a Chase cash back card now...

HA! Well, the only reason I like the Costco True Earnings is because lets face it, the card is hot. I love my Blue card but I hate the design. It is clear, doesnt have a Member Since Date and I dunno, just wish they would redesign it-this card was introduced in 1999 for crying out loud. Yeah, I am a card snob LOL.

I hear you about the Chase Freedom. Since February they have sent me (and I am NOT kidding here) over 20 pre approved applications. They are just as bad as WaMu was! Anyway, the offer has gotten better each time and I have been very, very tempted to open one to replace the Citibank Dividend once and for all. But replacing a 10 year old Platinum card with a new Signature card would be a scary drop in score. But yeah, you should totally consider it.

I still think you should consider Zync. That way, you get your foot in the door with Amex with a low annual fee and a Member Since 2010. Then in the future when you are making more money and are in your professional career (you already might be not sure) then you could always upgrade the card or even if you move on to another Amex you will have the luxury of having the subsequent accounts backdated to 2010 as the opening year.
13 years 5 months ago #113

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Amex Blue Cash Review

Joeyman I thought you wanted the Costco True Earnings card?

@ Colo - from a credit card review,

You're right I wanted the Costco AMEX, I changed my mind because I think the rewards with the Blue Cash are better for me. For instance, I don't drive anymore so earning rewards on gas would be impossible. I've just been doing better card comparisons. Wanderer has got me considering a Chase cash back card now... :shocked:
13 years 5 months ago #114

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Amex

Now that I have made it to the Amex thread, I have a question. Why are more and more company's rejecting the use of Amex in their stores? My husband worked for a moving company (part time) and the owner would become upset when someone flashes a Amex card to pay for moving fees. He would charge them an advance fee because he claims it is too difficult to receive their funds. Although he would receive funds, he claims that it is more of a hassle and timely over any other credit cards such as visa or mc. Why is this?

Meya! Where have you been?? Good to see you again. This is the first I have heard of merchants having a hard time getting their money from Amex. Most merchants that do not like to accept Amex because they charge a higher fee but also, Amex is very, very good at resolving disputes in the cardholder's favor. So if the customer was not happy with a service, they had a good chance at getting their money back and Amex charges the merchant back.
13 years 5 months ago #115

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Amex

Now that I have made it to the Amex thread, I have a question. Why are more and more company's rejecting the use of Amex in their stores? My husband worked for a moving company (part time) and the owner would become upset when someone flashes a Amex card to pay for moving fees. He would charge them an advance fee because he claims it is too difficult to receive their funds. Although he would receive funds, he claims that it is more of a hassle and timely over any other credit cards such as visa or mc. Why is this?
13 years 5 months ago #116

You know what Wanderer ? Its not prestige anymore, its the "I can afford to pay the Annual Fee" to have a card that is excepted everywhere a VIsa is, go figure................
13 years 6 months ago #117

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Amex

Fellows - :cc: My Chase Business Freedom "Ink" Visa ($10K CL) with $3 for every $1 spent in the top three categories every month plus $1 for all other dollars spent in the other categories coupled with no $AF and 12.9% APR is giving me over $450 a year. No it is not American Express but, it is sure better in giving me rewards cash. Works everywhere Visa is accepted. Yes, it doesn't have the AX prestige but at my place in life... the cash is more. Also, my HSBC American Express ($10K CL) with 1.25 points for every dollar spent and 7.9% APR has paid me well with all of the AX benefits and it is American Express, looks cool with black in the background. Tough to beat the combination. :moneybag: :cool:
13 years 6 months ago #118

You know Joeyman, that sounds about right, my 36K points averages out to about $370 with the Premier Rewards Gold Card. But your the wise one, once you take out the $175 AF, your better off than me !
13 years 6 months ago #119

I want either the Amex Blue cash or Costco Amex. Waiting until February and I will have four inquiries fallen off by then!

So I decided on the Blue Cash because I don't drive anymore. The Costco Amex focusses on cash back for gas. The blue cash focusses on groceries and things I actually buy. The only draw back is with the blue cash you have to spend $6,500 before you get 5% cash back. That'll take me at least six months. :confused:

If I spend $1k a month the Amex blue cash will give back $240 at the end of the year, according to the amex website.
13 years 6 months ago #120