Saving Money On Gas

Replied by dreamr802 on topic I don't have a car

I don't have a car that runs on compressed natural gas...but I have a 2006 toyota corolla and my car gets about 30 miles to the gallon. I have a good gas mileage for my car. I'm going to get a fuel injector for my car to make the mileage get better. And where would you get natural compressed gas?
15 years 11 months ago #61

Replied by saurabh on topic yes honda civic is a

yes honda civic is a good choice but honda city is much fuel efficient.Its quite economic also, i am having it and have no complains regarding efficiency.
15 years 11 months ago #62

Replied by alpha on topic I've been trying to avoid

I've been trying to avoid driving my car quite as much even though it gets pretty good gas mileage. I bought at the cheapest station I could find here in Portland, Oregon, a couple of days ago and it was $3.63
15 years 11 months ago #63

Replied by hjm331 on topic Yeah, they're dropping dead like

Yeah, they're dropping dead like flies. :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #64

Replied by Meya on topic :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The other 2% are out there filing bk like the current airlines....lol
:fun:
15 years 11 months ago #65

Replied by hjm331 on topic Tell your husband that the

Tell your husband that the new Tundra won 2008 Motor Trend Truck of the Year and that it's not a car, it's an airplane. As soon as you put your foot on the gas, it goes 50 mph. The engine sounds nice too. These are some things that women will never appreciate ;)

Meya, if you're reading this, 98%!!!! (Insider) :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #66

Replied by hjm331 on topic Well for me, is more

Well for me, is more like a 50/50 lol

50 percent-to get around
50 percent-image
15 years 11 months ago #67

Replied by lyyssa01 on topic Ahh, you don't have to

Ahh, you don't have to tell me about the beauty of a Tundra. It's the vehicle my husband is currently pining for. We've been to the Toyota dealership many times just to drool. But hubby is the type to drive his vehicles into the ground. He has a chevy silverado that is a '99, but still runs great so he can't bring himself to trade it in.

While I'm the type who starts trolling the Dealership parking lots once I own my car for two years. But more importantly, I like to trade them in before they get to 100,000 miles. I've resigned myself to always have a car payment.

And there's nothing wrong with impressing.:cheesing: Everyone knows the main reason most people get a certain vehicle is 10% practicality and 90% image. :cool:
Myself included.
15 years 11 months ago #68

Replied by hjm331 on topic Lyyssa, I believe that if

Lyyssa, I believe that if you saw my new truck in my photos, your jaw will drop not only by its great looks but also by how much gas it consumes :cheesing:

I will look into that driver's edge card. I'm only 19 and I just bought a new 08 Tundra with the help of my dad (co-sign).

I plan on trading it in 2 years later because I believe no car is worth keeping after 2-3 years because that's when the problems start to rise. I don't want to take my car anywhere especially to the mechanics as they will ruin your car and open up problems just for their own benefit.

I just want to pay the monthly payment and not have to worry about anything else.

I am planning on getting a new Lexus in 2 years because I always like to make a good impression and always be the one that women remember. :cheesing: I guess I am a little silly but it's my age, I can't help it!
15 years 11 months ago #69

Replied by lyyssa01 on topic Gas in northcentral Arkansas has

Gas in northcentral Arkansas has risen to $3.25 a gallon. Which sucks for me because in the fall I have such a long commute. But, hubby is fixing up this little car that we have that gets 35+ miles to the gallon so I can drive it in the fall. Now I just need to learn how to drive a stick. :cheesing:

HJM, I'm planning on coverting my normal Citi card to a Drivers Edge. The deals sound worth my while, and from what I've read of the reviews they say it's great, especially for people who like to trade in their cars every 2-3 years (something I've been guilty of in the past). If you don't want to use the points towards a purchased vehicle you can convert them to Thank You points. To me, it's one of the better deals.
15 years 11 months ago #70

Replied by hjm331 on topic Gas in LA is crazy!

Gas in LA is crazy! The cheapest (87 Grade) is $3.70 over here and that's the cheapest! It usually takes $50-60 to fill up my car every 2-3 days. I don't have a reward card for gas, do they really save you a significant amount of money?
15 years 11 months ago #71

Replied by pamela2 on topic hi everyone ( i agree

hi everyone ( i agree we need a new President) gas is like $3.17 in Crossville and $3.32 in Sevierville and it takes $30.00 to fill my car up (every 3 days). one gas station by my house was out of regular gas Friday when i went to fill up and i watched people drive away on empty.
15 years 11 months ago #72

Replied by leighdu on topic Wish I can have a

Wish I can have a smaller vehicle, but since I have a family of 5, no can do. I know gas is going to crawl over the moutain this summer, it is already starting to go into effect. This is a mess, every summer they find a way to lie about how much they had to spend on oil. I mean come on, isn't this what our troops are dying for anyway? Time for a new president!

The time is almost up for Dubya, and I am hoping that the times are up for such high gas prices as well, but I somehow feel doubtful about that. This summer I plan to use my car as little as possible.

Maybe more people should start carpooling and taking the bus/subway if possible. Or better yet, get some exercise and bust out your 10 speed :cheesing: .
15 years 11 months ago #73
  • sophie
  • sophie's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by sophie on topic I got gas at $3.15

I got gas at $3.15 today it cost 45 to fill up the tank. I don’t think having a new president is going to solve this issue. It has been long coming and won’t disappear anytime soon.
16 years 2 days ago #74

Replied by lyyssa01 on topic Gas is 3.14 here in

Gas is 3.14 here in Arkansas. I filled up today, and it cost about $70. :(
I only have one kid, but since we're constantly hauling soccer players, mother in laws, nieces, etc. we needed a minivan. I drive a Chevy Uplander, and it gets 22-25 mpg. Unlike my cute little pontiac vibe, which got 30-33 mpg. I miss my vibe! :(
16 years 3 days ago #75