Saving Money On Gas

Replied by FrankN on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

Do you typically see a big difference in quality as well? I am surprised to hear that.
6 years 5 months ago #1

Replied by Moneyes on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

Breakinger wrote: I'm glad that the gas prices have finally come down, but I saw a story on tv about the prices and how it is driven by competition. Do you think it is fair that some places can charge more than others? I think the prices should be the same no matter where you get your gas from.

When it comes to prices and competition, the fuel industry is like all others. Competition keeps the prices comparable. But also, just like any other product, quality plays a part too. As does location. In my area there can be a 40 cent difference in the price of a gallon of gas that has everything to do with the quality of the gas itself. And this is all in the same town. Go 50 miles out of that town to a small town on a state highway that is essentially in the middle of nowhere, and that price is a full 80 cents more than the cheapest price in town.
6 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by Curry on topic Saving on gas

There are 2 different gas stations in different parts of my state that I always get my gas at. They are some of the cheapest in their respective areas so, on average between the two, I still spend less than the average in each area.
7 years 9 months ago #3

Replied by FrankN on topic Saving on gas

I always my gas at a grocery store or Costco. It is always the cheapest option for me.
8 years 1 month ago #4

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Saving on gas

There is a grocery store near me that gives gas points if you have their savings card. The only problem is that the gas station that takes them is about 22 miles away. I earn quite a few points at the store, but I'm not going to drive that far to get gas because it would defeat the purpose.
8 years 2 months ago #5

Replied by Breakinger on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

I'm glad that the gas prices have finally come down, but I saw a story on tv about the prices and how it is driven by competition. Do you think it is fair that some places can charge more than others? I think the prices should be the same no matter where you get your gas from.
8 years 2 months ago #6

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

It's all about value.
15 years 8 months ago #7

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

Yeah, I guess you are correct!:white-flag: Its all about savings.
15 years 8 months ago #8

Vons is too expensive for my family because the products at Vons have no value. You can a small bottle of shampoo which will probably last for a week for $5. At costco or smart & final, it could be the same shampoo but in a bigger bottle for $7 and it could last you a month.
15 years 8 months ago #9

I like them but, they are too expensive for me. I dont buy in bulks unless it is soap powder (Tide), bleach, tissue, or paper towels.
15 years 8 months ago #10

I like Smart and Final and Costco most out of all these small-time markets. They always have better deals than markets like Vons, Ralph's, etc.
15 years 8 months ago #11

Probably so :confused:
15 years 8 months ago #12

Oh well, I feel a monopoly coming on between these markets.
15 years 8 months ago #13

Ewww, I dont know!
15 years 8 months ago #14

Didn't Rite-Aid buy out Albertson's? Lucky used to be a very good supermarket until they were bought out by Albertson's.
15 years 8 months ago #15