Lost Your Job

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Lost Your Job

I read in the USA Today that Whirlpool will lay off 5000 people between now and the end of 2009. This is ver sad. These people at least know what's going to happen (be it them or their coworker) and can start putting a contingency plan together to look for work elsewhere.

Everyone, be thankful that you have a job no matter what the capacity or what the pay. Realize this, there are thousands of people who would do your job no matter what the pay in order to feed their family, pay their bills, etc.

Keep these people at Whirlpool in your thoughts because this could be any of us !
15 years 5 months ago #16

Replied by Eldarwen on topic There is always job and

There is always job and family services to use. It's a government agency that helps people get jobs and more.
15 years 11 months ago #17

Replied by princee18 on topic I know of at least

I know of at least 5 people personally that have lost their jobs within the last six months. Do you guys know anyone who has lost their job as well? While helping a friend I came across a career resource. Here's a number to call if you want to find a one-stop career center near you

good site.Last month my brother lost his jobs and few months back two of my friends lost their jobs.It would be very useful for all of them.
15 years 11 months ago #18

Replied by tstreet436 on topic The company I work for

The company I work for laid off and entire department. The head count went from hundreds to about twenty people. They outsourced the jobs to India, but said it wasn’t outsourcing because they were actual employees of the company and not contractors. I understand that a business needs to do what it has to do to survive, but it really irritates me when the people they hired congest our phones lines asking questions they already know the answer too or because they simply don’t want to handle the call. Our workload has increased dramatically, but the pay hasn’t moved. :upset:
15 years 11 months ago #19

Replied by alpha on topic Every time I pick up

Every time I pick up the business section of the newspaper it seems like they are announcing more layoffs or companies going out of business, so more people will be jobless
16 years 1 day ago #20

Replied by sanjay on topic hi there thanks a lot for

hi there
thanks a lot for the info as 4 of my friends have lost their jobs in last 3 months.This can be of great help.
16 years 2 days ago #21

Replied by saurabh on topic yes i too have seen

yes i too have seen that two of my friends have recently lost their jobs and this info can really be helpful for them.so, thanks for the same.
16 years 1 week ago #22

Replied by Meya on topic Jobs are the worse thing

Jobs are the worse thing to loose, and the unemployment line is 12 blocks long.
:scared: :scared: :scared: :confused:
16 years 1 week ago #23

Replied by hjm331 on topic My prayers go out to

My prayers go out to those who lost their jobs and especially have a family to support. I just hope that our Father looks down on them and helps them out in the time of need.
16 years 1 week ago #24

Replied by dreamr802 on topic My best friend just lost

My best friend just lost his job too. I will definitely keep that number and website and give it to him. I hope that it will help him find a job. Because he has a family to take care of as well.
16 years 1 week ago #25

Replied by scribbler on topic I really don't think it's

I really don't think it's an "if" anymore about a recession either, more like when. The IMF came out today and basically said that when the US goes into recession and they're predicting it'll be this year, there's a 25% chance of a global one. No one's secure anywhere in a job anymore, no matter where they are I feel. Scary times indeed.
16 years 1 week ago #26

Replied by alpha on topic According to some news I

According to some news I listened to last week, the question is not *if* there's going to be a recession but how bad it will be. In the U.S., 3 airlines have gone out of business in the last month -- they weren't the biggest airlines but it's not a good sign.
16 years 1 week ago #27

Replied by Ash on topic Its really sad whats going

Its really sad whats going on with our country's economy situation.
I've started seeing folks posting that they lost their jobs and were
really concerned about what to do regarding their bills.

When I got home on Friday they mentioned on the evening news
that 80,000 people lost their jobs alone in the month of March.
I'm really praying that we can get the right person in the office
and turn this recession around.
16 years 2 weeks ago #28

Replied by jillg123 on topic Hi Over here we keep hearing

Hi

Over here we keep hearing that there is going to be a bad recession in the economy. If a lot of people are getting laid off their jobs it sounds like there already is a bad recession happening.

Jill
16 years 2 weeks ago #29
  • sophie
  • sophie's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by sophie on topic Cool website, thanks. People are

Cool website, thanks. People are getting laid off like crazy; I will let people know to explore the site. It seems like unless you have top skills or know someone nothing will help.
16 years 3 weeks ago #30