First National Bank Omaha

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: First National Bank Omaha

Hi Wanderer, my dad just applied for the same card First National Bank of Omaha Discover card 5% cash back and the same terms like yours exactly

See the PM I sent you.
11 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by AKCREDIT on topic Re: First National Bank Omaha

Well out of no where came an First National Bank of Omaha invitation to apply for an FNBO Co-Branded Discover Card with no AF and cash points starting at 0.50 up to $2,500 then moving up to 1.00 and then up to 5.00 and it was good with other Discover benefits. All this is based on my existing track record with FNBO. They stated "as one of our best carholders" we invite you to apply. So, I did and was approved with a $9,000 CL and 14.99%. Note, all of FNBO apps are a manual review so it took a day.

Hi Wanderer, my dad just applied for the same card First National Bank of Omaha Discover card 5% cash back and the same terms like yours exactly :thumbsup:. It was a Preapproval and his second one they gave him. But he got denied, we dont know why yet but we think its because 2 cards have a huge balances, and our gold amex has a 15K balance, and maybe INQ he has about 5 inq this year. What can we do? We are thinking to wait until the letter comes monday, and see why we got deined. Should we call today see why? Is there a Reconsider line available? We dont want another INQ hunting us for two years. Thank you in advance.
11 years 8 months ago #2

Well out of no where came an First National Bank of Omaha invitation to apply for an FNBO Co-Branded Discover Card with no AF and cash points starting at 0.50 up to $2,500 then moving up to 1.00 and then up to 5.00 and it was good with other Discover benefits. All this is based on my existing track record with FNBO. They stated "as one of our best carholders" we invite you to apply. So, I did and was approved with a $9,000 CL and 14.99%. Note, all of FNBO apps are a manual review so it took a day.
11 years 8 months ago #3

For those FG Readers who may find themselves crossing the path of the First National Bank Omaha, you will find that they take credit card applications: 1) online, 2) by mail or, 3) by telephone. You will always get a note that says 7 to 10 days or 30 days. They process 100% of credit card applications manually. An actual credit analyst reviews each application. Since the credit card act, everything is a hard inquiry so be alert to that fact. Talked to them today (I was wondering).
11 years 8 months ago #4

As luck would have it, I opened a "Bucks Back Visa" Platinum Edition (not offered to the public anymore) September 2011 with FNBO (by invitation). They sent me a notice (July 13, 2012) that I would be upgraded to the "Vision Signature Visa" with the cash back option one point for one dollar with no reductions for redemption and a "no pre-set" spending limit by September 2012. Reason, because I am one of their "best customers"! If they are trying to impress me it will work. They explained the Signature Visa benefits and I find no other card in my herd that has the travel options the Signature provides. I am feeling good! Present APR is 13.99%.
11 years 9 months ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: First National Bank Omaha

I'm pretty sure the answer to your question would be in the fine print.

Also, it sounds like one of those cards that's not available to the public, only by invitation.
12 years 9 months ago #6
  • kdb030609
  • kdb030609's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: First National Bank Omaha

Just received a preapproved offer from First National Bank of Omaha . Its for their Platinum Edition Visa . It says Fixed Rate For Life & No Annual Fee with 11.99 % . I didn't know anyone was offering such a product . I looked on their website under their credit card section . It doesn't have such an offer . My big question is what length of time do they consider life ? LOL !
12 years 9 months ago #7

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: First National Bank Omaha

I agree with you, it took getting slammed by a Ford F250 to realize that I was a small fish on the road. My next vehicle was a SUV. I do like the bike!

Seriously. That is the one thing about America that drives me nuts (pun intended). I do wish we would move to smaller cars. I really dig the new Chevy Cruze and I hear that GM is planning on bringing the diesel here woo whoo!
LOL is that your son? Chics dig his ride!
12 years 11 months ago #8

Replied by bc8787 on topic Re: First National Bank Omaha

I will not drive anything with a "T" on it. :)
12 years 11 months ago #9

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: First National Bank Omaha

I have not ridden a bicycle since I was 15.....I'd just be happy with driving a small car or better yet a clean burning diesel. But with all the darn SUV's and trucks on the road, I don't feel safe in a small car...

I agree with you, it took getting slammed by a Ford F250 to realize that I was a small fish on the road. My next vehicle was a SUV. I do like the bike!
12 years 11 months ago #10
Attachments:

I bet the MPG is great on that thing. LOL!! The way fuel prices keep going up we'll all be looking at one of those!

I have not ridden a bicycle since I was 15.....I'd just be happy with driving a small car or better yet a clean burning diesel. But with all the darn SUV's and trucks on the road, I don't feel safe in a small car...
12 years 11 months ago #11
  • kdb030609

Guys, check out my new ride HERE. I bought it about 3 weeks ago.

I bet the MPG is great on that thing. LOL!! The way fuel prices keep going up we'll all be looking at one of those!
12 years 11 months ago #12

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: First National Bank Omaha

They keep sending me a pre-approved GM Card. I refuse to do business with HSBC. As far as GM goes..well they are only getting better. Ford and GM have learned (the hard way) that they cannot keep building so-so products and have lately been making some pretty compelling vehicles. Toyota on the other hand has been resting on its laurels, the same thing that got GM in trouble. You all know how I feel about foreign cars so I won't re-hash my opinions. I did read an article though that stated that a lot of the Baby-Boomers (especially Californians) swore off American cars in the 80s (and with cars like the Citation you can't blame them); however, the Gen X'ers and Gen Y'ers are starting to embrace the Big 3 (well Ford and GM anyway).

As far as buying the Pontiac Vibe over the Matrix; well, you were smart. You probably saved some money by doing so and frankly, the Vibe is better looking. The current Matrix is so offensive-looking that it almost makes a Chrysler Sebring look hot... It just proves that Americans will buy anything with a "T" on it. I bet that if you stuck a Toyota logo on a Chrysler Sebring it would sell about 75,000 more each year LOL. Secondly, they whole purpose of buying a Toyota (even if it is disguised as a Pontiac Vibe, or Geo Prism or Chevrolet Nova) is that it is supposed to last longer. So, a 2008 Toyota-Pontiac Vibe should last you until 2018 at least.

And now I am sorry for my rant

Guys, check out my new ride: HERE . I bought it about 3 weeks ago. :laugh:
12 years 11 months ago #13

Yes I'd seen an article on the Nieman Marcus AMEX once. However it either doesn't exist anymore or it is invitation only. As far as HSBC AMEX I remember they used to have it on they're credit card site. I only saw it once and never again. I saw a review on FG for one by someone on here once. I guess they stopped issuing it or made it by invitation only.
I can't say I'm that impressed with HSBC anyway. I cancelled my Visa card with them last year. I'm going to cancel my GM Card this year as well. Since they don't grow with you anyway. I decided I'm not going to give GM any of my business in the future. So they can keep their rewards. I'm gonna use my Toyota Rewards Visa Card. I would've bought a Toyota Matrix XRS in 2008 but instead. I decided to be smart and save 3,000 and by a Pontiac Vibe GT which is the same car underneath the different sheetmetal. I should've looked at my crystal ball LOL! I would've bought the Toyota. So next new car will be a Toyota as well as say it on the outside also. I've had many GM products over the years mostly Pontiac's.
Well sorry about the rant LOL!

They keep sending me a pre-approved GM Card. I refuse to do business with HSBC. As far as GM goes..well they are only getting better. Ford and GM have learned (the hard way) that they cannot keep building so-so products and have lately been making some pretty compelling vehicles. Toyota on the other hand has been resting on its laurels, the same thing that got GM in trouble. You all know how I feel about foreign cars so I won't re-hash my opinions. I did read an article though that stated that a lot of the Baby-Boomers (especially Californians) swore off American cars in the 80s (and with cars like the Citation you can't blame them); however, the Gen X'ers and Gen Y'ers are starting to embrace the Big 3 (well Ford and GM anyway).

As far as buying the Pontiac Vibe over the Matrix; well, you were smart. You probably saved some money by doing so and frankly, the Vibe is better looking. The current Matrix is so offensive-looking that it almost makes a Chrysler Sebring look hot... It just proves that Americans will buy anything with a "T" on it. I bet that if you stuck a Toyota logo on a Chrysler Sebring it would sell about 75,000 more each year LOL. Secondly, they whole purpose of buying a Toyota (even if it is disguised as a Pontiac Vibe, or Geo Prism or Chevrolet Nova) is that it is supposed to last longer. So, a 2008 Toyota-Pontiac Vibe should last you until 2018 at least.

And now I am sorry for my rant :cool:
12 years 11 months ago #14
  • kdb030609

HSBC

Yes I'd seen an article on the Nieman Marcus AMEX once. However it either doesn't exist anymore or it is invitation only. As far as HSBC AMEX I remember they used to have it on they're credit card site. I only saw it once and never again. I saw a review on FG for one by someone on here once. I guess they stopped issuing it or made it by invitation only.
I can't say I'm that impressed with HSBC anyway. I cancelled my Visa card with them last year. I'm going to cancel my GM Card this year as well. Since they don't grow with you anyway. I decided I'm not going to give GM any of my business in the future. So they can keep their rewards. I'm gonna use my Toyota Rewards Visa Card. I would've bought a Toyota Matrix XRS in 2008 but instead. I decided to be smart and save 3,000 and by a Pontiac Vibe GT which is the same car underneath the different sheetmetal. I should've looked at my crystal ball LOL! I would've bought the Toyota. So next new car will be a Toyota as well as say it on the outside also. I've had many GM products over the years mostly Pontiac's.
Well sorry about the rant LOL!
12 years 11 months ago #15