Capital One Credit Limits

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Capital One Debit card invite

I received the same email, which I just mentioned above. I am thinking about taking this offer, but I want to make sure that it does not effect what I receive from my current bank. There is always a small print that will throw us away when we are looking or trying to accept something that is too good to be true.

Hey Meya, I got the same email. I read the fine print. The rewards are for Point of Sale only, 5000 points equals $10 , you have to use it like a credit card not a debit when you make a purchase (signature required) and link it to your current checking account. To me it isn't worth it. The points are too small for me because I use my bank's debit card for mostly paying my bills on line. At the store I use cash mostly and when I do make a purchase with my debit it is small. Maybe total $100 a month. At first I thought Cap 1's debit was a good thing if I could use it to make my mortgage and car payments but I read the fine print and wouldn't get any points for those. My advice is stay away from it because you can get one from your bank and if you need service you have local people to talk to.
15 years 7 months ago #136

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Capital One Debit card invite

Today I got an email to get a Capital One Debit card. It is connected to your existing checking account, you get 2 points for every dollar spent, 1000 points on first purchase & then 25% annually. You do have to sign for the sales instead of using a pin. Does anyone know anything about this.

I looked on the Cap 1 web site & found it there. I'm sure someone around here knows more about it than I do.

I received the same email, which I just mentioned above. I am thinking about taking this offer, but I want to make sure that it does not effect what I receive from my current bank. There is always a small print that will throw us away when we are looking or trying to accept something that is too good to be true.
15 years 7 months ago #137

Replied by mom2parker on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Please keep us updated

I definitely will! Now I can't wait for the few months to go by before it kicks in! I'm just surprised that it will jump so much!! I was really only expecting it to go to $500.
15 years 7 months ago #138

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Just got my Credit Steps letter in the mail and I got a little bit of a surprise. From what I have read on these boards, I had thought that our limit would go from $300 to $500...well the letter says that our limit will raise to $750!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please keep us updated!:shocked:
15 years 7 months ago #139

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

That Cap 1 credit steps card seems like a nice card. It seems they are being a lot more liberal these days. I remember there was a time when they wouldn't give CLI for a while
mrrob
15 years 7 months ago #140

Replied by lisascakes on topic Capital One Debit card invite

Today I got an email to get a Capital One Debit card. It is connected to your existing checking account, you get 2 points for every dollar spent, 1000 points on first purchase & then 25% annually. You do have to sign for the sales instead of using a pin. Does anyone know anything about this.

I looked on the Cap 1 web site & found it there. I'm sure someone around here knows more about it than I do.
15 years 7 months ago #141

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

That's how Capital One works.
15 years 7 months ago #142

Just got my Credit Steps letter in the mail and I got a little bit of a surprise. From what I have read on these boards, I had thought that our limit would go from $300 to $500...well the letter says that our limit will raise to $750!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheesing:
15 years 7 months ago #143

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Yeah, I saw the $9.95 per year but I think it is a way to make extra moneyh. As long as I get rewarded over what I pay, then let the drums roll. I actually can charge probably $2k on my debit card per month paying for necessities like gas, food, cigs, husband drinks, shopping etc. So I know that I should recieve some type of reward from cap 1 for that. My bank breaks us off for using our debit card as visa like at Best Buy, office depot, ofice max, grocery, gas etc. I just transfered over $45 last week. Think about it, $45 for something that I had to purchase, and you are willing to pay me for it? What if our husbands paid us like that ladies? We would be some cool shopping cats.
:fun:
15 years 7 months ago #144

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Well, it's not free. If you can benefit from it then go for it.
15 years 7 months ago #145

How does your debit card compare?
Because you’re a valued customer, we invite you to check out our new Capital One Debit MasterCard offer.

When you sign for purchases with your Capital One Debit Card you’ll get

2 points for every $1 spent
5,000 bonus points with your first purchase
25% annual bonus on points earned
Plus, there’s no need to change banks—it works with your existing checking account. And, you get all these benefits for only $9.95 a year.

Have anyone seen this? I am about to read it now and get more info. I am a heavy debit card user, as a matter of fact I use it more than my cc's. I think all cap 1 users should take a better look at this because my bank already offer me rewards when I use my debit card and now cap 1 wants to offer me 25% annually for using it. This is the closest I can get to a rewards card.....lol.
15 years 7 months ago #146

:white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #147

The payment was finally released!!! Yay! :)
15 years 8 months ago #148

Well today is the 22nd and the payment was never released. It still isn't reflecting in the "Available Credit". I will wait til tomorrow and if it hasn't been released, I will call again. This is annoying!

Yep, they said it was some kind of security precaution. They said that if we "needed" the amount they were holding, that we could call a different number and talk with someone else and they could see about lifting the hold. We didn't "need" it...but wanted it because it just irked me that they could hold it, so we called the other number and the lady told us that she couldn't lift it and that it would automatically release on the 22nd. They kept saying since it was a "large" payment. It was only $148.10. That doesn't seem real large to me, but apparently to them it is.

I don't really understand their reasoning behind holding the payment. If someone was trying to rip us off (meaning if someone got ahold of our card), I highly doubt they'd be taking the time to send in a payment for it! ha!

If we had known this would happen beforehand, I would have waited. I just read online that they like to see a lot of usage and payments, so that's what we were trying to do.

15 years 8 months ago #149

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Hmm, from what I've read on the prior post..you should still get the CLI after creditsteps...like Meya said "DON'T CALL THEM!"
15 years 8 months ago #150