Capital One Credit Limits

Replied by honeyb on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Nevermind. The credit steps pamphlet was inside the privacy pamphlet as to why I didn't see it before. :cool:
15 years 6 months ago #121

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Mouse Pad, what are the digits of the number you called?

Just incase he does not come in before you come back here is a thread with all backdoor numbers https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=491&highlight=backdoor

If the number is different from what mousepad used, use the one he provides.

P.S. Hey mousepad, if it is different, please add it to the link above so we can add it to the list. Thanks!
15 years 6 months ago #122

I just received a C1 Platinum Mastercard on yesterday.
CL

Way to go honeyb, I am so happy for you. Majority of the members here, includng close friends have recieved the "Steps Letter". I have heard of some not receiving it with the card, they recieved it later. If you did not recieve it, call them and ask. Also did you add this to your application status? If not follow this link, look on top to your right, then click "Add my application status:

1. Application status: https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/credit-card-status.shtml
:white-flag:
15 years 6 months ago #123

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

I believe if its a rebuilder or limited history card they will give the creditsteps program incentive.
15 years 6 months ago #124

Replied by honeyb on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

I just received a C1 Platinum Mastercard on yesterday.
CL: $300
APR: 0% until Feb 2009, after 14.9%
AF: $29

Does everyone receive the "credit steps letter"?
15 years 6 months ago #125

Replied by yendor on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

hello everyone
... tonight i called the backdoor number...

Mouse Pad, what are the digits of the number you called?
15 years 6 months ago #126

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

hello everyone
did yall know that you can have up to 5 Captial one cards?
well you can and i kinda put it to the test
heres what i did, last month and i should not have but i got a second card from cap1 and it was the plan cap1 plat with a 500cl so what i did was combine that one with my oldest cap1 card and that got me from 1000cl to 1500cl that was done this month around the 5th so tonight i called the backdoor number to see if i could get an cli but i was told they did not have an offer for me at the time so i started asking things about the bank it self and was given some sweet info and the rep told me that its not often told to card holders but you can apply and have up to 5 accounts (cards) with them and that each card has its limits on how high the cl would go no matter how long you have had the card so i started thinking maybe this is as high as the card i have is going to go cause when you apply for a card cap1 uses the report they pulled when you got the first card so if your score changes (like me 516 to 683) or your income is much higher they will base how much they will ever raise your limit from that old report (so if you got your first card 4 years ago that same info is used as a base to factor how you will get cli's. so i asked her if i just got a card not even a month ago could i apply for one better than what i have and she said yes as long as you dont have over 5 accounts and she checked if there was still active records of the card i just combined and she said no the system shows one card one account so there i was looking on my screen at the cash back rewards card and thinking what if, so i said the hell with it they can only tell me no and boom approved:cheesing: 500cl yes its low so i called back to get some info cause i was thinking i could have gotton more and i was told just hang in there cause its the starting limit for there prime cards and my head almost poped and i asked do you mean optimus prime or do you mean prime like the top cards and she said yes the top level cards so i was like ok thanks. sitting here smiling thinking this is the best 500 limit card i ever had.
15 years 6 months ago #127

Replied by lisascakes on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

I did sign up for the Capital One debit card & received the card & info - there is no monthly charges but there is a limit of $3,000 in 10 day period. I do want to talk to my bank before I activate the debit card. Anyone else looking into this?
15 years 7 months ago #128

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Yoyo, congrats on receiving the credit steps letter and good luck with meeting those requirements.
15 years 7 months ago #129

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

I definitely will! Now I can't wait for the few months to go by before it kicks in! I'm just surprised that it will jump so much!! I was really only expecting it to go to $500.

Got my credit step letter today..said I could get another $500 after completing the steps...I know my 1st statement finally went online and I paid it.....two more steps to go...and my limit would be $1000...can't wait to see that LOL!!!:laugh:
15 years 7 months ago #130

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Congrads on your CLI!!!:laugh:
15 years 7 months ago #131

Replied by Luv_My_Son on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

I have been with Capital One for about 10 years now. I started out with them when they were offering their secured credit cards.

Back then, it was you give them $99 and they would give you a $500 credit limit with an annual fee of $29. I hopped right on it because this would be my first credit card.

Did the above and my Capital One Visa arrived with a $500 limit !
About six months later I did the same thing and received a Capital One Mastercard.

After a short while, I closed the Visa account but I have kept the Mastercard the entire time. Two years ago they gave me my $99 plus a very small amount of interest back to me and changed the card from secured to regular status.

Last year, I was thinking and said you know what I have been with Capital One for years and my credit limit is only $500, I want more !

Called them and they gave me the routine old song and dance about how they can't do it over the phone blah blah but a week or two later they sent me a letter saying that they raised my credit limit to $1,500 !

$1,000 increase !

Now, I don't use this card much anymore ( Read My Other Posts ) but I keep it because of the long credit history plus I have like a special attachment to the card because it was my first and it has paved the way to my good credit that I have today.
15 years 7 months ago #132

Meya - I also received the email & the link but some how as close as I read it - overlooked the charge. I knew Cap 1 would not be doing something like this for no charge.
15 years 7 months ago #133

Thanks Rob, I am a heavy user with debit cards, but I like to punch in my pin number when using it because of a lousy experience with bofa. Bofa authorizations falls off sometimes before the actual charge comes through. I use the debit card so much until I will overlook an authorization that has fallen off but not yet charged to the account and that is how I was over drawn a few times. Now that I have switch to using bofa as bills only and us US Bank for other reasons I do not have this problem because US bank will keep all authorization charges in a separate box until the actual charge comes through. You will always see available balance and balance at the same time.

Lisacakes, I received my invitation through email and here is the link to see the charges http://www.capitalone.com/debit/index2.php
15 years 7 months ago #134

Meya - I have not been able to find the $9.95 per year charge. I understand that Cap 1 isn't going to offer something for free but still have not seen the yearly charge. Is this something you found on the website or in the email.
15 years 7 months ago #135