Capital One Credit Limits

Replied by mom2parker on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Just hit the 3 month mark on the 15th of this month. I logged in today to see if our new bill was posted yet for December...and I got a nice surprise....Our limit was raised from $300 to $750, just like the Credit Steps letter said! :)

I knew it would be happening eventually, but wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly. The letter said it would show up by the 5th statement, so I was expecting to have to wait a little longer.

So happy! :)
15 years 4 months ago #106

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: How Many Cards?

If I ever encounter a cashier criticizing me about my Capital One card and bragging about his/her new, shiny AMEX, I will tell them that they haven't witnessed AMEX's bad side yet. I will never waste an inquiry on them ever again even if they guaranteed me an initial CL of $50k because it could be $500 the next day.

I agree. They will show their bad side to them real quick.
15 years 4 months ago #107

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: How Many Cards?

If I ever encounter a cashier criticizing me about my Capital One card and bragging about his/her new, shiny AMEX, I will tell them that they haven't witnessed AMEX's bad side yet. I will never waste an inquiry on them ever again even if they guaranteed me an initial CL of $50k because it could be $500 the next day.
15 years 4 months ago #108

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: How Many Cards?

Capital One is the real deal. I like Capital One a lot more than AMEX. Capital One gives me increases and nice rewards when compared to other prime lenders. I have the Capital One No Hassle Cash Mastercard and I received 1.25% cashback.

I know what you mean about capital one because i recently applied for one and was approved for 300 cl with no annual fee.I had one years ago with no problems but closed it because i hardly ever use it but hey they are the real deal and i would always carry it proudly.:cool:
15 years 4 months ago #109

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: How Many Cards?

Capital One is the real deal. I like Capital One a lot more than AMEX. Capital One gives me increases and nice rewards when compared to other prime lenders. I have the Capital One No Hassle Cash Mastercard and I receive 1.25% cashback.
15 years 4 months ago #110

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: How Many Cards?

With all this craziness going on with some banks(gemb :upset:) i may end up only carry one card ---capital one:cheesing:
15 years 4 months ago #111

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Im pretty sure mousepad will see this. I moved the thread for you, but it could have stayed because it was related to a question being raised. But here, I am pretty sure it will help mousepad relate to you rather than carry it on in the question forum. Thanks for understanding, and I think it is a nice post..... and for mousepad to come back with a battle :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :fun: JK!
15 years 5 months ago #112

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I know Im probably in th wrong thread but a member here wrote about how you can have 5 Cap1 accounts. Well, IDK if thats possible from my experience. I curretly have a Standard Platinum Mastercard and a No Hassles Cash Rewards Visa form Cap1. Ive been in good standing with them and received CLIs in just months of opening the account. Well, after I read that thread on the 5 accounts I decided to try my luck online and it told me that they are unable to approve me. I thought it was because of my scores but today I received a letter form hem as to why I was denied. It was because I have the maximum limit of accounts allowed. The good thing is that they did not do a hard pull because of it. So I guess the limit is two for Cap1. If anyone finds that thread please promptly transfer it there, LOL, thanks.

It may be something new they are doing because of the economy. I have noticed by looking at consumers credit reports that some people did seem to have quite a few Capital One accounts. I think I saw a few people with 4 at once. Everybody is getting tighter with credit. This happened to me with Citibank. I have a Citi Visa and Citi MasterCard but I also have the AT&T Universal MasterCard which when I opened it, the card was issued by Universal Bank, but in 1999 Citi bought them, so viola I have 3 Citi credit cards. So in 2002 I wanted to open a new Citi MasterCard for the 0% balance transfer and they declined me because I had the maximum amount of Citi cards that one can have.

It is actually not a bad thing though, it is not good to have just one issuer because then you cannot transfer balances around.
15 years 5 months ago #113

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I know Im probably in th wrong thread but a member here wrote about how you can have 5 Cap1 accounts. Well, IDK if thats possible from my experience. I curretly have a Standard Platinum Mastercard and a No Hassles Cash Rewards Visa form Cap1. Ive been in good standing with them and received CLIs in just months of opening the account. Well, after I read that thread on the 5 accounts I decided to try my luck online and it told me that they are unable to approve me. I thought it was because of my scores but today I received a letter form hem as to why I was denied. It was because I have the maximum limit of accounts allowed. The good thing is that they did not do a hard pull because of it. So I guess the limit is two for Cap1. If anyone finds that thread please promptly transfer it there, LOL, thanks.
15 years 5 months ago #114

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

I think you have to call-in. Not sure, it wouldn't hurt to call and ask.
15 years 5 months ago #115

Replied by relidtm on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

I have a capital one I got they invited me back after being deliquent with them for some time. I did something stupid and did cash advances years ago and never caught up.. but anwyays im almost paid off now with everyone I think i have around 2k left with dmp.. but what I was wondering is when I started with capital one they gave me a 300 $ cl and they bumped me up to 500$ they have an annual fee of 29 bucks. I have made payments on time (multipules a month actually because of online portion it makes it easy). But my creidt limit is still only 500$ ive had it since jan 08 so will they automatically drop off the 29 bucks annual fee? because right now img etting offers for 0 annual fee When I got this card my credit score was in the 500s now its 633 (thanks to wamu telling me every month) So would I have to call in decembmer and threaten to cancel? or is it like a bank of america card where they autoamtically flip the switch kill my annual fee and start me off from there..
thanks!
Reli
15 years 5 months ago #116

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

No problem!
15 years 5 months ago #117

Replied by yendor on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

i used 800-889-9959.

Got It.... Thanks M
15 years 5 months ago #118

Replied by yendor on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

...Just in case he does not come in before you come back here is a thread with all backdoor numbers https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=491&highlight=backdoor

Thanks Meya
15 years 5 months ago #119

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Mouse Pad, what are the digits of the number you called?

i used 800-889-9959.
15 years 5 months ago #120