Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

You can only apply for the Mastercard in the store, but the store card has a 20.40% APR, I guess they've lowered it a bit since I worked there. But, I am almost positive the MC has a higher APR than the store card.

Wouldnt surprise me, that is kine of like the Macy's/Bloomies Visa. Really high rate for a Visa card, no matter what your credit rating.
14 years 10 months ago #1

I am not aware of this new card, I thought the Sears cards were issued by Citi?

Sears store cards and the Sears Gold MasterCard are Citibank, but they recently introduced a Sears Solutions MasterCard issued by HSBC, you can tell the difference because it has the K Mart logo on it as well. It is the same deal with the Best Buy MasterCard when you think about it. They offer the store card and the MasterCard and the MC is usually junk.
14 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

Was that the Citi Sears MasterCard or this new Sears Solutions MasterCard from HSBC?
Sears offered me that Gold MasterCard in 2001 it had a 12% rate from what I can remember. I didnt apply.

I am not aware of this new card, I thought the Sears cards were issued by Citi?
14 years 10 months ago #3

Was that the Citi Sears MasterCard or this new Sears Solutions MasterCard from HSBC?
Sears offered me that Gold MasterCard in 2001 it had a 12% rate from what I can remember. I didnt apply.

You can only apply for the Mastercard in the store, but the store card has a 20.40% APR, I guess they've lowered it a bit since I worked there. But, I am almost positive the MC has a higher APR than the store card.
14 years 10 months ago #4

I worked at Sears for a short while and they are a pretty difficult card to get and there the MC has a 28% APR and it doesn't matter if you have an 840 credit score. People used to always open accounts with me to get the 10 dollars off and than they would close the card after they got it....

14 years 10 months ago #5

Yeah I had a feeling Discover might, that's why I don't want to bother. I think I'm just going to let what I have grow until the middle of next year. All of my accounts would have 2 yeared by then and (barring a BK) I should be 700+ on all three!

I would love a Sears account though....been eyeing some grills....

Sweet. I like hearing about people supporting Sears.
14 years 10 months ago #6

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

You can say that again. I think "Dynamic Credit" is what they are looking for now:laugh:
14 years 10 months ago #7

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

What I'll probably do is wait until my credit becomes excellent. "Good" credit just isn't what it used to be.
14 years 10 months ago #8

Eldarwen just clarified the same story as you Brian. I would not even think about getting a sears mastercard.
14 years 10 months ago #9

Yeah I had a feeling Discover might, that's why I don't want to bother. I think I'm just going to let what I have grow until the middle of next year. All of my accounts would have 2 yeared by then and (barring a BK) I should be 700+ on all three!

I would love a Sears account though....been eyeing some grills....

I worked at Sears for a short while and they are a pretty difficult card to get and there the MC has a 28% APR and it doesn't matter if you have an 840 credit score. People used to always open accounts with me to get the 10 dollars off and than they would close the card after they got it....
14 years 10 months ago #10

Discover blacklists for sure. They are a very conservative lender. You may have a shot with Sears because they sold their credit division to Citibank in 2002ish.

I would love a Sears account though....been eyeing some grills.... :D
14 years 10 months ago #11

(AFAYK), Does Discover black list? What about Sears? I burned Sears in the late 90s....mayhaps the memory is not so good. I burned Citi too but Citi I paid them off and then it got closed. I have an ExxonMobil gas card (Citi) so I'm hoping that means I can get a real Citi instead of getting another secured card (18 months is not cute....otherwise I would have done it but I'm hoping now I don't need to).

Discover blacklists for sure. They are a very conservative lender. You may have a shot with Sears because they sold their credit division to Citibank in 2002ish.
14 years 10 months ago #12

(AFAYK), Does Discover black list? What about Sears? I burned Sears in the late 90s....mayhaps the memory is not so good. I burned Citi too but Citi I paid them off and then it got closed. I have an ExxonMobil gas card (Citi) so I'm hoping that means I can get a real Citi instead of getting another secured card (18 months is not cute....otherwise I would have done it but I'm hoping now I don't need to).
14 years 10 months ago #13

Thanks so much you two, I am pretty sure this will answer her question. I was getting lost a little bit:relieved:
14 years 11 months ago #14

Hey guys,

Regarding US Airways: I took a look at this website: http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/dividendmiles/creditcards/default.aspx

Looks like Barclay's Bank Delaware is the issuer of the MasterCards. BofA only issues the check card.

A few months ago US Airways was offering both Visa and MasterCards where the Visa's were issued by BofA and the MasterCard by Barclay's. But now they are only offering the MasterCard by Barclay's.

They will process your application for a World MasterCard and if you do not meet their credit criteria for a World then they will consider you for a Platinum version.

The US Airway's/BofA partnership went way back to when it was still NationsBank, but every so often you will find that co-branded cards can change issuers.

Good luck!
14 years 11 months ago #15