Credit Card Issuers Forcing Some Cards Out

• Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

was created by Finance Globe

I wanted to give everyone a heads up of some changes that are going on with the credit card database: There has been allot of recent changes and challenges in the credit card market. I believe that the credit crunch has played a very large part in putting stress on banks. In short, a limited number of banks want some aspect of control over financial sites that display their information. And as a result, some cards (even though they are still available to apply) may be removed from the main system. This will not affect the credit status or credit card review programs.

Explanation: As you know, we list a large majority of credit cards that belong to well-known financial institutions. Most of them have been well aware of financeglobe.com since it's launch in 2005, and most have applauded us when listing their cards.

Several weeks ago, Citibank instructed us to remove several of their cards from our card database. Now, we are getting that same request from Chase. Beginning this Monday, 70 cards will be taken out of the database.

As stated, this will not affect the credit status or credit card review system. Those cards will still show up.

I'm not aware of the length of time that this request will remain in effect, nor the magnitude of this issue with the banks. The site will stay the same, and we will recuperate the number of removed cards with new cards.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mike
15 years 11 months ago #16