Paypal

Replied by leighdu on topic I've been using Paypal for

I've been using Paypal for a while now and have no problems with it. I even have the debit card, so I don't have to wait 3-4 days to transfer money to my checking account. Back years ago there were many horror stories about Paypal, but after a lawsuit was filed against them it seems that they have gotten a lot better, especially about buyer/seller protection and security.
16 years 1 week ago #31

Replied by scribbler on topic I was very wary of

I was very wary of using PayPal after reading some horror stories about it online. People getting their accounts frozen and unable to access them just scared me but eventually I took the plunge and opened an account because so many merchants use it now. I've never had a problem with them, but in the same breath, I don't let a huge amount of money build up in it in case something happened.

I wouldn't use it like a bank account though like your friend does. I would imagine the banks are safer and more secure because they're strictly regulated. PayPal's handy but not ideal for an everyday account.

I'd be interested to hear more about the virtual cc too, that's news to me.
16 years 1 week ago #32

Replied by eugene66 on topic It is so cool. You

It is so cool. You have to log into your account a citi.com. Then you have to click on a link that says virtual account number. Then a you wait a few moments and a whole different account number, expiration date and the three digits on the back. You have a certain amount of time to use it online before it expires. The merchant never gets your real account number and all of your info stays safe. I love that feature. That is something that will make me stick with citi because if someone hacks into the site they don't have your real number.

thats awesome because just recently i logged on to one of my credit card website and found out that the credit card company canceled my account. i called to found out what happened and was told that a merchant notified them that their system was hacked and personal credit card info was exposed.so they immediately closed my account and reopened me a new one. that system would take a whole lot of grief out of the situation i am dealing with now. :worried: :worried: :worried: :worried:
16 years 1 week ago #33

Replied by Crazy2k5 on topic The number stays in citis

The number stays in citis system. It does not get destroyed with them. You just wount be able to use it anymore. So if you had to dispute something I am sure you can call with thr virtual number. you just wont be able to use the number for purchases anymore. I love this feature.
16 years 1 week ago #34

Replied by Meya on topic That sounds heck of cool.

That sounds heck of cool. So what if you wanted to dispute something or if you wanted to return an merchandise, will citi remember that number when it is destroyed? Or if you called in and the business needs you to repeat your cc number back to them for verification to a chargeback? I wonder if BofA has this feature.
:worried: :worried: :confused:
16 years 1 week ago #35

Replied by Crazy2k5 on topic It is so cool. You

It is so cool. You have to log into your account a citi.com. Then you have to click on a link that says virtual account number. Then a you wait a few moments and a whole different account number, expiration date and the three digits on the back. You have a cretain amount of time to use it online before it expires. The merchant never gets your real account number and all of your info stays safe. I love that feature. That is something that will make me stick with citi because if someone hacks into the site they dont have your real number. :cheesing:
16 years 1 week ago #36

Replied by Meya on topic Hey wait! I heard about

Hey wait! I heard about the virtual cc numbers, how does that work? :dumbfounded:
16 years 1 week ago #37

Replied by Crazy2k5 on topic Paypal is pretty good. I

Paypal is pretty good. I like them because I shop online a lot and I dont like typing in my credit card numbers all around the web. So I pay the online merchant through paypal. Thats another reason why I like citi bank. They allow you to make up a virtual credit card numer so you an make purchases online and when you are finished the number expires. This way they never get your real card number.
16 years 1 week ago #38

Replied by Meya on topic I was recommended to give

I was recommended to give it shot from Fg and I have not had a problem with it as of yet. If you want a person to send you money electronically and do not feel safe about giving them your account number, I suggest this is the best way to go.

A lot of people are using it, it is not in my line of payments since I am a hairstylist, they have to break me off before leaving the salon. I will keep it because I believe it will be in my future use.
16 years 1 week ago #39
  • dreamr802
  • dreamr802's Avatar Topic Author

was created by dreamr802

Do you guys use paypal? My friend actually uses paypal almost as if a bank account. She has the debit card and she deposits money into the account. Would you suggest that?
16 years 1 week ago #40